Razi has got boost!

General discussion forum about the 240sx, and a great place to introduce yourself to the board!
Razi
Car: Moo

Yeah, gold would look nice.
Since I already have some silver paint, I think I'll drive around with silver calipers for a while, and I'll repaint them gold if they don't look cool enough.

Man, all the Z32s I saw at the junkyard today were missing their e-brake cables and brake master cylinders. :( Laaame.

I picked up a Q45 e-brake setup from the junkyard though.

I put all the hardware in a container.

Soaking in Purple Power. :)

Should be looking pretty tomorrow.

homeslicej2
Car: 1990 S13 SR'd hatch

I'm more subdued in my approach, so I'd paint the calipers Silver with black lettering or just plain black. I think the silver/black would match your wheels nicely. I've got a white car with black wheels (hey, they were on clearance lol) so I painted the calipers black to match. I think the gold would look odd on with your dark green paint and silver wheels. That's just my opinion, do whichever you find the most aesthetically pleasing to your eye.

danshaz82

z32 brakes huh? movin up in the world i see :rotfl

Razi

homeslicej2 wrote:I'm more subdued in my approach, so I'd paint the calipers Silver with black lettering or just plain black. I think the silver/black would match your wheels nicely. I've got a white car with black wheels (hey, they were on clearance lol) so I painted the calipers black to match. I think the gold would look odd on with your dark green paint and silver wheels. That's just my opinion, do whichever you find the most aesthetically pleasing to your eye.
I have a lot of silver paint in my cabinet, so I might paint em silver to start with, then paint em another color once I get bored of em.
danshaz82 wrote:z32 brakes huh? movin up in the world i see :rotfl
I'll finally be cool. Image

Hardware all clean. :)

homeslicej2
Car: 1990 S13 SR'd hatch

Sounds like a good idea. Use the resources you have now, and change it later. Plus, calipers are pretty easy to re-paint.

Razi

Yep!
Took some pictures yesterday, didn't turn out as nice as I wanted though, I'll have to take some another time.

krash
Car: 1993 Nissan 240sx Convertible

I could be wrong, but those look like the wrong anchor bolts for the e-brake.

The ones we need are thicker. Unless you have 5-lug z32 hubs in the back.

z32-brake-swap-on-vert-t201187-30.html

An seriously, leaving them in purple power cleaned them up that good??? Thats awesome!

Razi

It's been a while since I've looked at my hubs, but I think they are Z32 ones.

Purple Power ftw!
Only thing that needed a light brushing with a plastic brush were the anchor bolts.

krash

Sweeet. This swap is a fun excursion. At first, I was thinking about using the dual caliper bracket for the s13 and use the s13 caliper solely for emergency brake, but that was way pricey and the bracket only works for 5-lug I think.

I've gotta go back to the junkyard and get some more hardware. I'm missing a few springs and clips. Did you get those seahorse looking things?

Razi

Yep, the seahorse looking things are attached to the e-brake pads.
I was gonna take em off to give them a better cleaning, but I they are on there good, so I left it on.

Razi

Z32 brakes are in. :)

Need to give the hardware a bath in Purple Power, then clean and paint the calipers.

Rotors are kinda rusty, so I'll clean and paint em up.

Gotta be careful at the e-brake contact area though, don't wanna mess it up.

pepesilvia
Car: 96 S14

dude. yur car is awsome. i gotta say, i like yur car better then any other s13 coupe i've ever seen. as crazy as that sounds.... even more then those guys that spend like thousands and thousands on their 240's... its so clean and simple and just enough. its got like an OEM feel but a true 240-head knows all the deets. know what im sayin? :bigthumb: :bigthumb: :bigthumb: :bigthumb:

Razi

Haha, thank you.
I try my best.

Masked off the rotors.

Painted a few coats tonight, but I'll have to finish up and take pictures tomorrow.

krash

Coincidentally, I'm collecting my z32 stuff as well. Soon I'll be cool just like you! :laugh:

Razi

Yaay! :)
I just need to source a cheap BMC and e-brake cables. Bleh.
Been looking for a 1 1/16" BMC since it's a bit stiffer than the 1" BMC.

Sucks that all the Z32s at the junkyards are stripped clean. :(

Painted the inside parts of the rotor in black, since it's just for protection, and won't be seen.

Outside in silver.

krash

Loooks shiny! I'm hoping to get rear calipers and lines tomorrow. The z32 at the junkyard had wheel locks on the back, so I'm going back with a tool tomorrow. All I'd need then is rotors and bmc! I love this kind of stuff

Tsukiko
Car: 1990 240sx fastback KA24E

Hey Razi, Just a thought I wanted to share concerning your radiator spray mod. It's mostly for drifting though. A friend of mine sent the same extra line to his rear wheel wells and used it to spray his tires. Since the main enemy of tire wear is the heat, it has two benefits (especially if you aren't boosted yet):
1. Cools your tires. Cool tires= longer lasting tires=more drift fun. My buddy had back to back to back runs on one set of tires while we were all changing ours like noobs.
2. lessens your rear tires' grip. Just when we were all watching and thinking "here comes a clutch kick or ebrake pull", it didnt happen. He just kept going like his coupe had something beefier than the stock DE.

Plus, surprisingly, he wasnt leaving water all over the skidpad.

Razi

Haha, cool.
Btw, long time no see dude!
krash wrote:Loooks shiny! I'm hoping to get rear calipers and lines tomorrow. The z32 at the junkyard had wheel locks on the back, so I'm going back with a tool tomorrow. All I'd need then is rotors and bmc! I love this kind of stuff
Me too!
Wire wheeled my front rotors today.
There's what looks like a dead bug in one of the rotor vent things. :eek:

Tsukiko
Car: 1990 240sx fastback KA24E

I know right? I got an FC and *poof*'d.
I think it may be time for another 240 though, hopefully a coupe.

Driftnaut
Car: 2005 Nissan Altima 2.5s

I love the way your car looks it's just so clean, almost an oem+ look with the z wheels

Razi

Tsukiko wrote:I know right? I got an FC and *poof*'d.
I think it may be time for another 240 though, hopefully a coupe.
Sweet!
Driftnaut wrote:I love the way your car looks it's just so clean, almost an oem+ look with the z wheels
Thanks! :)

I still need to find a Z32 BMC and e-brake cable. :(
I'm tired of waiting for a cheap used set to pop up.

SX APPEAL
Car: 06 G35 Coupe 6MT
95 Maxima SE 5MT

Found my 17/16 reman'd with that stupid fitting already compatible for ~$75 on rock auto.

Razi

Nice.

Is it by Centric?
Looks like it has the fittings in all ports.

SX APPEAL
Car: 06 G35 Coupe 6MT
95 Maxima SE 5MT

That looks right, but I can't be sure. It's been a long time since I bought it. Forgot there were so many options.

Razi

Hmm, I'll keep looking.

Today I decided to take off my wiper cowl and make it nice and pretty again, since it looks so faded.
This little round clip is supposed to screw off according to the FSM, but it wasn't coming out.

This is probably why...

Ew.

Dirt and rust....

Inside looks clean though.

Dabbed some Must for Rust on the bolts with a plastic brush.

Looked like this after a while.
I kept the nut on there so the Must for Rust pools on top and cleans the threaded stud thing.
Once that's clean, I'll take the nuts off and wire wheel them or something.

Masked one half off, and polished the other with Meguiar's PlastX so you can see the difference.

Cowl looks like that now.
I haven't installed it yet, I'll clean it up some more tomorrow, take care of the rust, then put the pieces back on.

I hate how those little bits of plastic looks on the mesh.

They're there because Nissan melted the plastic to cement the metal mesh on there.
I'll try to poke them off with a toothpick. Maybe I'll do that if I'm extra bored. :P

I also saw a wet spot in the engine bay which had me confused...

I knew I wasn't leaking any engine oil, so I knew it was probably power steering fluid.
Dry...

Top fitting looks suspicious. The dirt on it looks a bit moist.

Probably this one though, it's very wet...
>:|
I'll tighten the clamp tomorrow and clean the area, and see if it stops.

This stuff was so clean when I put replaced my headgasket...
Stupid dusty Corona and Norco.

Driftnaut
Car: 2005 Nissan Altima 2.5s

You could thrown a bucket of mud on your car and it would still be one of the cleanest s13's ever

Razi

:rotfl
Thank you.
I'll have some updates tomorrow. I'll be finished with something I've thought about doing for a while.

Mercury_Hg
Car: 1993 240SX Coupe

Tsukiko wrote:Hey Razi, Just a thought I wanted to share concerning your radiator spray mod. It's mostly for drifting though. A friend of mine sent the same extra line to his rear wheel wells and used it to spray his tires. Since the main enemy of tire wear is the heat, it has two benefits (especially if you aren't boosted yet):
1. Cools your tires. Cool tires= longer lasting tires=more drift fun. My buddy had back to back to back runs on one set of tires while we were all changing ours like noobs.
2. lessens your rear tires' grip. Just when we were all watching and thinking "here comes a clutch kick or ebrake pull", it didnt happen. He just kept going like his coupe had something beefier than the stock DE.

Plus, surprisingly, he wasnt leaving water all over the skidpad.
I've thought about doing something like this. Keep a res in the trunk along with a pump and some lines to the wheels, with a switch. Use it to loosen the tires up.

Then I decided to just go turbo.

Razi

:D solid shifter.
I'll have a write-up on it later.

danshaz82

sheeeeeeeeit. looks like im welding mine now

Return to “240sx General Discussion”