Razi has got boost!

General discussion forum about the 240sx, and a great place to introduce yourself to the board!
brizanden
Car: thrased kouki ftw

what is this "brakes" you speak of. i heard rumors of a pedal that makes you slow down and is supposivly called a brake pedal, but idk when i was taught to drive i was told one thing. my dad pointed to the pedal on the right and said "this is the go fast pedal, you dont need nothin else".

spooled240
Car: kouki s14

looks good razi! Now I expect you to show up at some of our meets, so far I'm the only ka-t or at least boosted s-chassis at most/all of them lol

+1 for the clutch, the stocker will probably hold nice with your 8 psi but if you start heating it up with launching and stuff it can begin to start slipping. At 10 psi, my clutch held fine for DD but once I started doing hard launches at the drag strip it started slipping like a mofo. But again, you should be fine if the clutch is still in good condish.

White Comet
Car: fc, s13 and mazda6, Sierra

brizanden wrote:what is this "brakes" you speak of. i heard rumors of a pedal that makes you slow down and is supposivly called a brake pedal, but idk when i was taught to drive i was told one thing. my dad pointed to the pedal on the right and said "this is the go fast pedal, you dont need nothin else".
i guess that explains why your kouki is so thrashed

jk

Razi
Car: Moo

White Comet wrote:i'm guessing stock

any suspension/ handling mods coming razi? and i don't remember but if you havent upgraded your brakes yet, i would next
You are correct, it's the stock one.I'm grabbing a Mishimoto one, I found one local for $200.Only $50 more than what I'm being charged for a OEM replacement one.

For suspension:I already have the Fraz bar (IT ROCKS MY SOCKS, if anyone here doesn't have it, go to the Fabricator's Market classifieds and e-mail Fraz and buy one) and Cusco strut bars for bling bling. And the previous owner put in lowering springs and KYBs.I'm probably gonna look into more suspension parts and fender braces.I LOVE BRACES
spooled240 wrote:looks good razi! Now I expect you to show up at some of our meets, so far I'm the only ka-t or at least boosted s-chassis at most/all of them lol

+1 for the clutch, the stocker will probably hold nice with your 8 psi but if you start heating it up with launching and stuff it can begin to start slipping. At 10 psi, my clutch held fine for DD but once I started doing hard launches at the drag strip it started slipping like a mofo. But again, you should be fine if the clutch is still in good condish.
:D Yeah I'll probably show up to meets now. Being boosted makes up for looking stock .Also, maybe it wasn't my clutch that was slipping, maybe I really was flying up those revs in full boost. I'll have to check it out again.
White Comet wrote:i guess that explains why your kouki is so thrashed

jk
Burn!

White Comet

hmm you have some suspension mods similar to me, do you have a rear cusco bar as well as the front?

Razi

Yep. It's shiny.

White Comet

nice just the regular strut bar or the tri bar?

Razi

Just the regular one.I might either get the triangle one, or a fatty rear sway bar.But we'll see if I still want it after I get a J30 diff with a thicker shim.

I'm off to class!

Ali 556
Car: '95 S14 Se....

Nice !!!

Now go and get a Catch can and relocate your lines b/c your are prussrizng (sp?) your crank case...and crank must run on NAGITVE Psi's..

This line should be B4 the Maf

Ali

spooled240

Razi wrote:
:D Yeah I'll probably show up to meets now. Being boosted makes up for looking stock .Also, maybe it wasn't my clutch that was slipping, maybe I really was flying up those revs in full boost. I'll have to check it out again.
dude we are doing the same thing: boost first, everything later lol

presidential
Car: 1992 240sx hatch, 1993 240sx coupe

There is so much bull-ish in that engine compartment you need to get rid of. You really need to pare down some of the rats nest of vacuum lines and wires IMHO. You'd be surprised how much better these cars run without all of the extra BS they're laden down with.

White Comet

spooled240 wrote:

Razi

I already have a line that is on the intake with a oil filter.

Also, about the brakes.I have Q45 brakes, they are teh best.

And the time for trimming down on the extra vacuum lines will come.

Last night the radiator got a temp fix by melting down the crack to seal it, and laying down JB weld over it.It got me to school and back, but cracked on the way back.

Good thing I'll be getting a new radiator soon.

spooled240

White Comet wrote:
the ka is sooo slow...I said eff it, the brakes and suspension will work for now

White Comet

imo its better to prepare the rest of the car for power by making sure it'll corner and stop

on a side note, if you want the stock ka to feel fast buy an NX1600. back when i bought my nx, i was going somewhere with my friend in his s14 and thought it felt fast he looked at me and was like "ummm this is 1/4 throttle "

Razi

Since my suspension wasn't stock, and I put in a few goodies, so I felt it was a good time to have a bit of boost.

Also, I might be picking up a brand new Mishimoto radiator for $200 tomorrow.Finally get rid of this ugly overheating problem. It was ruining the enjoyment of my new turbo.

mRodiek
Car: Stock Hatch

spooled240 wrote:
same order as me too, even tthough im an SRian but i have an excuse..my t25 has a small amount of shaft play and i dont wanna replace it later, so suspension will wait til the end of the year

glad we're on the same page though razi except yours is in & running lol

Razi

I get weird looks now, since my car makes a PSH sound.I think one guy thought I had air brakes.

Also. I'm getting free Xenon bulbs from the radiator guys. I just need to find our my bulb type.

Would that just be the stock S13 bulb type they need for the Xenon replacement? H3 if I remember correctly.

I'll install the lights and the radiator tomorrow and write a small review on em.

spooled240

White Comet wrote:imo its better to prepare the rest of the car for power by making sure it'll corner and stop

on a side note, if you want the stock ka to feel fast buy an NX1600. back when i bought my nx, i was going somewhere with my friend in his s14 and thought it felt fast he looked at me and was like "ummm this is 1/4 throttle "
i agree with you 100% but for DD, the stock stuff was good for the time being and it was all in good working order. No joke, I was only driving about 24-30 miles a week! But I eventually upgraded the springs, some bushings, sway bars, q45 brakes and a vlsd so i'm good
Razi wrote: I get weird looks now, since my car makes a PSH sound.I think one guy thought I had air brakes.
LOL wtf like a big rig? does your turbo whistle pretty loud?

The first time I heard my turbo whistle I....JIZZED... IN.... MY PANTS..

White Comet

spooled240 wrote:The first time I heard my turbo whistle I....JIZZED... IN.... MY PANTS..

le_ryan
Car: Mazda 3 / 91 nissan S13 SR

very nice man, im getting abit Jealous ..And its soo clean lookin too .Well done.

Razi

spooled240 wrote:LOL wtf like a big rig? does your turbo whistle pretty loud?

The first time I heard my turbo whistle I....JIZZED... IN.... MY PANTS..
Yeah like a big rig LMFAO.

The day I started it up and got it running.I turned onto an empty corner of the street and I hit the gas and I heard it spool, suck in air and pull me fairly quickly.

Then I pulled over next to my house and parked it, then I thought "Holy smokes I'm turbocharged" . And I sat in my car and walked around it for like 10 minutes, with my mind blown.

Hehe thanks vroom_chirp, any plans for your current 240?

Also, does anyone have an idea about using xenon bulbs in a S13? I'm lost.
Modified by Razi at 10:13 PM 1/20/2009

spooled240

lol i know right?

are you using xenon HID bulbs? or just xenon-filled bulbs?

S13k
Car: Mazda miata 99 NB
Nissan 240sx 91 s13

I like it a lot, also nice adjustment you did with the batt. putting it sideways instead of relocating it

Razi

spooled240 wrote:lol i know right?

are you using xenon HID bulbs? or just xenon-filled bulbs?
No clue, it says Xenon Plasma White 8000k.
S13k wrote:I like it a lot, also nice adjustment you did with the batt. putting it sideways instead of relocating it
Yeah I didn't want to relocate it, so a Miata battery was used instead.

adrianfromthecastle
Car: 1992 Nissan 240sx

Looking good Razi... looking really good.

Ever thought about putting your BOV on the cold pipe right next to the throttle body?

I drove my buddy's ka-t w/ s14 t28 @ 7psi... and man, that thing is nice. It spools so early. Kinda reminded me of like my cousin's VW GTI.. you can hear it spool as soon as you step on the gas. TOss out that rubber intake hose and get an aluminum one... you'll hear the spool even better dude..

Razi

Thanks adrian :D

I've thought about it putting the BOV on the cold pipe, but I need to recirc the BOV at the moment so I don't want it to be that far. What are the advantages? Quicker opening?

I'd love an aluminum intake pipe, right now I'm barely making it work with my chopped up modified Hyundai intake pipe. LOLMaybe I can find someone to make me a custom aluminum one.Since it's running now, I'll start to change a few things here and there to make it cooler and better.

I need to dynamat my trunk. I can't hear my turbo as well since my exhaust is kinda loud and very deep. I feel like I need to pop my ears if I drive around for a while with the windows up.

adrianfromthecastle
Car: 1992 Nissan 240sx

BOV on cold pipe for better response.. but I guess your okay since your recirculating.

btw, your front strut bar looks like it was for the CA18... I'm surprised it clears your KA. I tried a CA18 front bar, and it wouldn't clear my valve cover on my SR.

spooled240

i hear that having it on the coldpipe just works better for the air to exit as it is already flowing from the turbo to the TB. I have mine on the hotpipe right off the turbo and it works perfect

i dunno what s13's are H3? if it's an H3 bulb then it should be plug and play right?

Razi

adrians_s13 wrote:btw, your front strut bar looks like it was for the CA18... I'm surprised it clears your KA. I tried a CA18 front bar, and it wouldn't clear my valve cover on my SR.
Wow good eye.Yep it's for the CA18, it barely clears it with my Nismo motor mounts.Maybe 1/4th of an inch clearance from the fuel rail plastic cover thingy, and the strut bar.
spooled240 wrote:i dunno what s13's are H3? if it's an H3 bulb then it should be plug and play right?
Yeah that's what I heard. I hope I don't blind people like crazy with these bulbs. If I do, I'm taking them out.

Return to “240sx General Discussion”