Razi has got boost!

General discussion forum about the 240sx, and a great place to introduce yourself to the board!
White Comet
Car: fc, s13 and mazda6, Sierra

Razi wrote:FRsport.com, on their Thanksgiving special discount.

I've been overheating these days and now I figured out a small crack in the radiator turned into a huge one, no clue how I didn't notice since it's on the top of the radiator.

Now I need to find a replacement or find a way to fix it .
get a powered by max radiator, thats what im doing

AZ89two4Tsx
Car: 2017 VW GTI, 14 Honda CBR650F

What kind of manifold is that?

Everything looks awesome btw!

White Comet

reading owns you its megan

Razi
Car: Moo

Hmm never knew they had radiators.

I was going to melt the plastic and seal the crack there and cover it in JB weld for now.

Then I was thinking about buying a Mishimoto rad. Never knew PBM had radiators, they look nice.

Edit: I just felt like I should say how much I hate overheating crap.I HATE IT! >:O WITH THE FURY OF A THOUSAND EXPLODING SUNS.:\
AZ89two4Tsx wrote:What kind of manifold is that?

Everything looks awesome btw!
White Comet wrote:reading owns you its megan

AZ89two4Tsx
Car: 2017 VW GTI, 14 Honda CBR650F

<--- FAIL

tEknoS13
Car: 93' Type X

Looks good man. I had no idea that was a Megan exhaust manifold it looks sexy

mrgreeneyes
Car: ///M5
Parted Out Built S13 Coupe

i have a mishimoto rad at the moment, but almost all of my other major mods are powered by max/parts shop max items and i have yet to complain about a single one of em.

awesome product. dont kill your KA yet. get a nice clutch and radiator

Razi

mrgreeneyes wrote:awesome product. dont kill your KA yet. get a nice clutch and radiator
Will do.

brizanden
Car: thrased kouki ftw

Razi wrote:Hmm never knew they had radiators.

I was going to melt the plastic and seal the crack there and cover it in JB weld for now.

Then I was thinking about buying a Mishimoto rad. Never knew PBM had radiators, they look nice.

Edit: I just felt like I should say how much I hate overheating crap.I HATE IT! >:O WITH THE FURY OF A THOUSAND EXPLODING SUNS.:\
why dont u just get a koyo? you can get those things pretty dam cheap brand new from some of our sponsers.

Razi

I'll be looking at all of em and see which one I can get for a good price. :D

safin

finally

good luck!

wynnEZ
Car: 90 240 CA POWA!

Nothing like having boost for the first time! Looks good.

Tarzan
Car: 1992 Nissan 240sx

nice! love the setup.

I hate to ask this but how do u plan on passing SMOG? A lot of people have been telling me that i cant pass with a KA-T.

CRyan
Car: 1997 Nissan 240SX

beautiful - If i wasn't very knowledgeable with cars or 240 for that matter - And didn't notice the bad *** intake mani - I would swear your car WASN'T turbo.

of course. I know that.

Because i know what boost means haha Looks great man

brizanden
Car: thrased kouki ftw

hahah i love how everyone is saying how sick they mani is and its just a megan mani and they usually get so much ****. no dis to razi as i am doing the cheap way too ahah.

DMan II-40
Car: 1995 240SX SE

DriftX wrote:I don't see a wideband anywhere.

Word of advice, ditch the FMU and get a wideband and rom tune.

contact Carl H for more info, he's done some tuning for me, A+++ stuff.
Razi is correct. The FMU for low boost is very safe, and doesn't require a wideband. The wideband is need for a tune so u can get the A/F ration dialed in correctly. I actually planned out a kit using 370cc SR injectors and a tune, but the power you gain from it isn't much more than you would get with an FMU. So i figured if im going to get larger injectors I would wait until I want a T3/T4 turbo or something.

OP: Very nice, I love it. I have been planning to go the same route as you, just with a rebuilt T25. Need a better job first though. I'm really digging the air box idea, I might have to try something similar to that when I do mine. I think I'll have to copy you and do the whole stock looking think, makes everything look clean. It possibly might fool a smog check in Cali. Doubtful but still a chance. Overall, NICE!

Razi

Tarzan wrote:nice! love the setup.

I hate to ask this but how do u plan on passing SMOG? A lot of people have been telling me that i cant pass with a KA-T.
No fuggin clue LMAO, I sure as hell ain't gonna go back to stock just to pass it like spooled240 did.
brizanden wrote:hahah i love how everyone is saying how sick they mani is and its just a megan mani and they usually get so much ****. no dis to razi as i am doing the cheap way too ahah.

DMan II-40 wrote:
OP: Very nice, I love it. I have been planning to go the same route as you, just with a rebuilt T25. Need a better job first though. I'm really digging the air box idea, I might have to try something similar to that when I do mine. I think I'll have to copy you and do the whole stock looking think, makes everything look clean. It possibly might fool a smog check in Cali. Doubtful but still a chance. Overall, NICE!
Go ahead and copy everything, just makes me feel cooler. LMAOI'm not so sure if it could trick a smog visual check, It's already missing the AIV stuff and the EGR bung is plugged up ghetto in the back with a plumbing cap and teflon paste. As long as cops don't know, I'm fine.

I'm sure they'll know what is up though, everyone that's seen my car personally, their eyes go straight for the colorful manifold since everything looks stock the manifold pops out. Oh well, I love the random colors.

krimsonviper
Car: 2010 MS3 -PAID
2010 Mazda 3i Touring -Totaled
2006 Mazda 3i Sport -Totaled
1989 S13 -Sold
1990 S13 -Sold

It's crap. All of it. Especially the deck you have.

Get back to the drawing board.

I hate you.

Razi

I love you krimson.

xX RB Xx
Car: SE3P, FC3S, FC3C.

yay for razi!!

jeff420
Car: too many to fathom

ive followed your build for awhile now, congrats man!!! looks nice. all i need now are some oil lines and an fmu and i should have everything to complete my turbo setup. i lucked out and got most of my turbo stuff in trade for an ac system.

Tarzan
Car: 1992 Nissan 240sx

Razi wrote:No fuggin clue LMAO, I sure as hell ain't gonna go back to stock just to pass it like spooled240 did.
Thats the only way I could think of. But best of luck when it comes time to.

Razi

jeff420 wrote:ive followed your build for awhile now, congrats man!!! looks nice. all i need now are some oil lines and an fmu and i should have everything to complete my turbo setup. i lucked out and got most of my turbo stuff in trade for an ac system.
Good luck man.

Finding the parts is half the battle.

Hopefully everything goes easier for you

jeff420

yeah i hope so too! lol. im gonna be welding up my own downpipe and all that. forgot about that stuff. ohh well. i thought my turbo i got was bad but after taking it apart i think it'll do. it was all oily when i got it and i was skeptical but the guy did say he poured oil all in it. if not to the junkyard i go for another im goin with a .42 .48 t3. the one i have is oil cooled only, no water. cant seem to find any info on it since the tag is gone. all i see is airesearch and m9.

Razi

Nice.I'd be wary about that turbo though, get it checked out.But if it doesn't have shaft play, it's probably okay.

I wish I had a welding machine, and knew how to weld.It would make my life much easier. I'm jealous

jeff420

it has only a little side to side shaft play and NO in and out play at all. spins freely. if it smokes ill just grab another.

my welder is nothing special, but it gets the job done. ive welded plenty of exhausts and even repaired my tow dolly one day after i towed a van that busted it. the welds are holding strong.

silvia_ks_69
Car: 1990 Nissota Silpra
2017 Porsche Macan GTS

nice razzzzz good work on gettin some boost i like where this thread is going

White Comet

brizanden wrote:why dont u just get a koyo? you can get those things pretty dam cheap brand new from some of our sponsers.
yeah but i've been pricing rads for a little and the pbm alum rad is easily cheaper then a koyo alum radiator.

mrgreeneyes is right thoguh, you can easily get away with a mishimoto

mRodiek
Car: Stock Hatch

what kinda radiator did you have that cracked?

White Comet

i'm guessing stock

any suspension/ handling mods coming razi? and i don't remember but if you havent upgraded your brakes yet, i would next

Return to “240sx General Discussion”