raw metal `

From wax to washes, the Detailing Forum should be used for questions and ideas concerning exterior and interior cleaning and appearance
sololock
Car: 91 240sx coupe

so im taking the paint of my car. and like how the raw metal looks. has anyone ever had or have pics of a raw metal 240 with a clearcoat? i think it would look sick if done right.

dusred
Car: Previous Q45 owner, 09 Corolla, Ford F250 Diesel truck

I dunno. . . you might want to talk to a professional paint shop about the Pro's and con's of clear coat over metal.

silpena
Car: Nis1993 san 240sx super hicas(wrecked)
soon to come to s-chasis

You can clear coat it but your not gonna have much or little corrosion protection. Most clears arnt meant to be sprayed over any acid etches or substrates that provide corrosion protection. PLus you bettr make sure you sand the metal hella good becuase unlike paint and primer. Clear has no filling abilities so every scratch, nick even hair line scratches will show. You bettr muscle up to sand the whole with 320-600 grit to perfection. Metal is hard to sand at that grit. UNlike body filler its not soft. Heal even sanding glazes are hard to sand with 320. Id advise you dont do it unless you have the time and dedication to sand the body down with that fine of grit. BUt hey, at least youll save a tons on primer, paint, sand papers and tools .

Return to “Detailing Forum”