Radio Replacement Versa 2009 for a newer model

The Nissan Versa Tech Discussion forum is the place to discuss Versa performance modifications and maintenance.
eztel
Car: Nissan Versa 2009

Hi, id like to know if it would work if i remove the radio of the versa 2009 and replace it with the newer radio model for versa made for 2010 or 2014?? Thanks!

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

Welcome to NICO!

What exactly are you trying to accomplish? You've given scant details about your current vehicle, so I'm going to assume you have the base model. Unfortunately the 2009 and 2014 are different body styles, so it won't be a straight swap.

centralcoaster33
Car: 240SX #5-1997

Hey Eztel, while they have different body styles, it does appear that the head unit for all three of these cars (2009, 2010, 2014) are all double din units. I think there's a good chance they will all fit into the dash of your car. The wire harness may need an adapter if you jump up to the 2014 model, but maybe not! Obviously, some stuff may or may not work if you choose a unit with more features. Like the newest one with back up camera, if you don't have the wires and camera, that part wouldn't work. Most people choose OEM for the integrated features. But your car won't likely support features that didn't exist at the time. Most people choose aftermarket for improved sound quality, adding amps and the like. Have fun with the upgrade and maybe consider aftermarket while you're at it.

Return to “Versa Technical Discussions”