R35 GT-R Engine!

A forum for owners and fans of the legendary Nissan Skyline and Nissan GTR.
Tora-Ryu
Car: speed speed and more speed , p.s. speed sideways

[quote=" jemil118 the Skyline being brought over to the states(whether it'll be sold as a Nissan or an Infiniti is still being debated) [/quote]

Don't Hav any problems with anything else said except this, Take a real good look at the infinty G35, it is a skyline. it has the same motor as the 350z better heads or something like that. But the Skyline is here.

personal opinion: why is a fat pig?

Tora-Ryu

sorry here a pic

EZcheese15
Car: 2012 Juke SV
2011 Titan Pro-4X
2007 BMW 328i

Tora-Ryu wrote:Don't Hav any problems with anything else said except this, Take a real good look at the infinty G35, it is a skyline. it has the same motor as the 350z better heads or something like that. But the Skyline is here.

personal opinion: why is a fat pig?

The G35 is the Skyline, but it's not the GT-R. The Skyline has always had a family car trim level. The G35 is just that.

The GT-R is what I believe this thread is about ;)

Tora-Ryu

i know, the race version is a widebody, has a little better suspension, and a few other goodies, but it is still going to be a g35 in the states.

EZcheese15
2011 Titan Pro-4X
2007 BMW 328i

Tora-Ryu wrote:i know, the race version is a widebody, has a little better suspension, and a few other goodies, but it is still going to be a g35 in the states.

The GT-R, when it hits the states, will be an R35. It will be a different chassis than the V35 Skyline chassis (G35).

LarryStooge

EZcheese15 wrote:The GT-R, when it hits the states, will be an R35. It will be a different chassis than the V35 Skyline chassis (G35).
it wont be referred to as an R35 from what I'm told, because thats part of the skyline moniker, its just called GT-R. I could be wrong, but I'm 99% sure on that one. Also, the G35 is the ****, I would love to have that car. It beat out and got car of the year in motortrend, kicked everyones ***. The editors (I'd assume by the comments they were making on the show) loved the car. One of them said this car easily beats the IS300 and BMW 3 Series as the new leader in rwd sports sedan.

EZcheese15
2011 Titan Pro-4X
2007 BMW 328i

StephNic wrote:it wont be referred to as an R35 from what I'm told, because thats part of the skyline moniker, its just called GT-R. I could be wrong, but I'm 99% sure on that one. Also, the G35 is the ****, I would love to have that car. It beat out and got car of the year in motortrend, kicked everyones ***. The editors (I'd assume by the comments they were making on the show) loved the car. One of them said this car easily beats the IS300 and BMW 3 Series as the new leader in rwd sports sedan.

R35 isn't part of the skyline moniker, it's part of the GT-R moniker. If it was part of the skyline moniker, there wouldn't currently be a V35 skyline ;)

LarryStooge

EZcheese15 wrote:R35 isn't part of the skyline moniker, it's part of the GT-R moniker. If it was part of the skyline moniker, there wouldn't currently be a V35 skyline ;)

oops, my mistake. :)

themadscientist
Car: R32 GTR, DR30 RS Turbo, BRZ, Lunchbox, NSR50 Sportster 883 Iron
Location: Staring down at you with disdain from the spooky mountaintop castle.

StephNic wrote: Have you driven a skyline? I doubt it.

You don't own a skyline, you probably won't ever own one,

Hey jackass, newsflash, I've lived japan for 10 years, I've driven dozens of Skylines of all types. from a DR30 to a BCNR33. Look it up in your import tuner if you need clarificationAgain Jackass, I've owned five R30 Paul Newman Skylines, Two R32 Skylines and will be putting my GTS-4 back on the road next week. Feel free to relax your throat and let my **** slide right on in.

You know nothing of what you speak, you know not who you are dealing with and you should shut up now.

Regarding your comments on the Skyline, feel free to go buy the Infiniti, it was designed for fake-*** nutless goofs like you who have no concept of what the Skyline was, is or should be. If you had been in the market for a car back then i'm sure you would have ran to the Ford dealer to buy a Mustang II with the four banger "screw a 302, give me that I4 baby"

You are a tard, you have demonstrated this many times, don't feel the need to beat a dead horse. Regards, douche.

LarryStooge

themadscientist wrote:Hey jackass, newsflash, I've lived japan for 10 years, I've driven dozens of Skylines of all types. from a DR30 to a BCNR33. Look it up in your import tuner if you need clarificationAgain Jackass, I've owned five R30 Paul Newman Skylines, Two R32 Skylines and will be putting my GTS-4 back on the road next week. Feel free to relax your throat and let my **** slide right on in.

You know nothing of what you speak, you know not who you are dealing with and you should shut up now.

Regarding your comments on the Skyline, feel free to go buy the Infiniti, it was designed for fake-*** nutless goofs like you who have no concept of what the Skyline was, is or should be. If you had been in the market for a car back then i'm sure you would have ran to the Ford dealer to buy a Mustang II with the four banger "screw a 302, give me that I4 baby"

You are a tard, you have demonstrated this many times, don't feel the need to beat a dead horse. Regards, douche.

wow, you have an awful temper. I wouldn't run you'r mouth acting like you know what you'r talking about. You name **** off about a topic you don't know, when I refered to skylines I was refering to the subject at hand, the GTR. You've shown that you'ved owned lesser models (unless your r33 happened to be a gtr, which would make you a ****ing moron for getting rid of it), so shut your trap loser. Don't get into subjects about lesser models with that mustang comment, especially after talking about owning god only knows how many lesser model skylines. Don't get so pissy over a comment, you don't know me so don't act like you do. Keep driving the base models and complaining about the higher ones, and I'm sure nissan will pretend to care one day about a pathetic loser such as yourself.

milo

If you've owned all of those... how about some pictures?

themadscientist

Stephnic you are a fruitloop, what do you drive? How many Skylines have you owned? No you can't count the plastic models! I have owned them and wrenched on them for ten ****in years. I find that makes me infinately more qualified than you, peabrain, to comment on them. The new Skyline is a travesty but it it's right up your alley, buy one the frogs built it for guys like you.Spout as much mindless bull**** as you want, next maybe you comment on sex with a woman, that is likely something else you have never actually experienced. goof

Milo if you can host a picture I can send you one of my first R32.

LarryStooge

themadscientist wrote:Stephnic you are a fruitloop, what do you drive? How many Skylines have you owned? No you can't count the plastic models! I have owned them and wrenched on them for ten ****in years. I find that makes me infinately more qualified than you, peabrain, to comment on them. The new Skyline is a travesty but it it's right up your alley, buy one the frogs built it for guys like you.Spout as much mindless bull**** as you want, next maybe you comment on sex with a woman, that is likely something else you have never actually experienced. goof

Milo if you can host a picture I can send you one of my first R32.

yep, you've got me right on the money. I've been dating my current gf for over 1.5 years (long time for an 18 year old), but no, that doesn't mean anything. The fact that you probably too poor to buy a new skyline doesn't mean anything either, since the Nissan guys werent aiming for a market consisting of pathetic losers that think theyre tough **** because they can buy lower model skylines. Once again, the new skyline isn't a travesty, it's a family car like it's always been, and the new GTR is certainly not a travesty, it's finally a purpose built car, like it should have been to begin with. I beleive my theory that a purpose built car is better than a family car on steroids, is quite correct. Hence the reason more people would rather own a TT Supra over a civic with a swap. Stupid ***.

themadscientist

18 years old, bwahahaha! You have got to be kidding me, it all makes sense now. When I first put a key in the ignition of first Skyline you were getting you first 10 speed bike! Hahaha! Oh Steph you precious little fool you have made my morning, thank you. But don't you have a Biology exam Monday? study study study!

LarryStooge

themadscientist wrote:18 years old, bwahahaha! You have got to be kidding me, it all makes sense now. When I first put a key in the ignition of first Skyline you were getting you first 10 speed bike! Hahaha! Oh Steph you precious little fool you have made my morning, thank you. But don't you have a Biology exam Monday? study study study!

nope, i started college full time when i was 16 years old and started working for Dell when i was 17, so suck my ***. I may be an imature 18 year old, but I'm an extremely smart one.

YamaOni
Car: Making big rocks smaller

StephNic, I have been reading what you have posted and have some things to address, 1. Where are you getting your information? 2. What do you know about owning a GTR in Japan?3. Who made the first Skyline?

themadscientist

so you claim. lets get down to it then smart boy. You are commenting on a car that you know about secondhand; internet, magazines, phonecalls to Motorex whatever. I have loved, lived with wrenched on, praised, cursed, raced and yes even crashed Skylines for over half of your life. I would not preach to you the superiority of one OS over another because I have very limited knowledge of that subject and if you are honest about what you are doing would know much more than I on that subject.

LarryStooge

themadscientist wrote:so you claim. lets get down to it then smart boy. You are commenting on a car that you know about secondhand; internet, magazines, phonecalls to Motorex whatever. I have loved, lived with wrenched on, praised, cursed, raced and yes even crashed Skylines for over half of your life. I would not preach to you the superiority of one OS over another because I have very limited knowledge of that subject and if you are honest about what you are doing would know much more than I on that subject.

it doesn't take a rocket scientist (aerospace engineer :D ) to get the concept that a car built from the ground up for performance is going to outperformance and more than hold its own against a car meant for grocery getting, with some steroids. Compare a supra, everyone loves supras and theyre the ****. Now take a totally bad *** supra and stick it against the new Ferrari Enzo, a 2 year old would be able to tell which one is going to win. The supra is no grocery getter, but it isn't what I'd consider a purpose built car, hence the reason it has lesser NA models and weighs over 3500lbs (The new GTR will im sure, but it'll come with a V8 and AWD to justify it's weight) If you didn't beleive in this theory, that the greater the starting point, the more capable the car, then you wouldn't be driving a higher model car, you'd probably own a civic or saturn. As far as you owning skylines, that's you'r business, but how many GTRs have you personally owned. Anyone can talk **** about a civic type r and drive a damn dx or something, but think it's the same since it's a civic. My end point is that the new GTR isn't a damn skyline, the new skyline is a skyline, family car like it's always been (and according to alot of testers, the one we got is better than the 3 series), end of story. The new GTR is a GTR, it can't be compared to a skyline unless the skyline is a GTR. The older GTRs were family car frames with some balls attached, the new GTR dropped the skyline moniker and went full balls to the wall. As far as where I get my sources, it was from a european magazine, apparently 3 of the testers in this magazine own skyline gtrs, one of which owns a 600hp r32 monster. All of them approve of the R35, not quite the engine, but the cars frame itself. Some don't beleive it follows the skyline GTR tradition, and don't agree with that, but they do agree that overall it's a better car. No one likes letting go of traditions, the Miata guys are still complaining that the new Miata might be powered by a rotary, because of tradition. Despite the fact that it will make the car god only knows how much faster (oh wait, it'll actually be fast from the factory for once). they complain because most people dont like significant change, and deep down inside, they know it makes THEIR miatas past trash, and no longer big **** in the miata scene. Just like people with Z32s complaining about the new Z33, which may not pack alot of power, but will certainly own any stock Z32 on a track with twisties. I don't agree with the engien choice in the new R35, but don't look at just the hp picture, look at the other factors that make them choose that. I personally think Nissan is about to be in their finest hour.

themadscientist

Off topic but the new Z is actually a step in the right direction IMO, the Z32 was not in keeping with the inspiration of the original Z. The new Skyline is fugly, the new GT-R is fugly. You like it, fine buy one if you can. Just stay out of the way of the "inferior" Skylines with the "antiquated technology" or they will run you off the road. Read all the magazines you like just don't step to me and try and talk smack Jr.

APEXi240
Car: 08 Versa S hatch

StephNic, you have been owned...boy you set yourself up by asking if he's ever driven a Skyline...I chuckled from then on. Also do you realize that you've been argueing about Mads OPINION this whole time? Whether he drives one or not you simply cannot tell him his OPINION is wrong.

Hows the R31 you picked up from the dealership coming along?

The new GT-R is gonna rock, simply because we are gonna get it. I still wanna see some VQ25DET powered Zs and G35s.

themadscientist

You bring up a good point Apex. It is my opinion and while I hate what Nissan is doing on a personal basis it makes good sense from a business standpoint. If Nissan stays in busines because of it at least I will be able to get parts for the cars that I like.It will be interesting to see how the VQ engine evolves, it seems to be a really well built motor. The RB is going on the shelf next to the L it seems.I had to walk away from the R30, I have too many cars. I let everybody know about it though, hopefully someone will save it.

APEXi240

I wasn't really talking about that but its SOO true. Let's see the VQ is in a TON of cars, Altima, Maxima, G35/coupe, 350z, and now the GT-R. Parts sharing was a problem with Nissan in the past, the amount of money they will save in production will be insane.

Plus they are bringing the GT-R to the US market....there are a lot of affluent people in the US that would die to get there hands on a real deal GT-R (and not get raped by Motowrecks). Plus the GT-R will dominate its class just as the G35 and Z have.

LarryStooge

themadscientist wrote:Off topic but the new Z is actually a step in the right direction IMO, the Z32 was not in keeping with the inspiration of the original Z. The new Skyline is fugly, the new GT-R is fugly. You like it, fine buy one if you can. Just stay out of the way of the "inferior" Skylines with the "antiquated technology" or they will run you off the road. Read all the magazines you like just don't step to me and try and talk smack Jr.

the technology on the r32-34 GTRs isn't bad by any means, nor did I mean for it to come off as me thinking it was. I just think the technology will make better performance characteristics in a purpose built body.

YamaOni

A GTR is not a skyline? Try blowing that smoke up another A**!If A GTR is not a skyline (a family car in your opinion) why does every GTR have Skyline on them? Notb every Benz is fast or all that nice just like not every Skyline is a GTR.

LarryStooge

APEXi240 wrote:Plus the GT-R will dominate its class just as the G35 and Z have.

that doesn't even begin to describe it. For all the **** talkers out there running their mouths about the G35 and the new Z (most of which both of you can agree don't own a Z or a skyline, and never have, I havent either, but im not talking **** about the new cars saying they suck), they must not agree with professionals that have been testing cars every day for the last decade making remarks such as "the new Z, is it a Porsche for Chevy money? Definately" or "finally a rwd coupe/sedan that can keep with the 3 series AND beat it out, the 3 series isn't top contender anymore, the G35 has arrived". I think it was car and driver (or was it motortrend?) that named the G35 car of the year for its perofrmance characteristics and superb build quality. I think this car, the new Z, and the new GTR brought to the states, or going to be what saves Nissan from it's current uncertain demise. The new Sentra SE-R was a flop by all means according to sales and performance stats (but hey, it can still beat the new civic Si, lol), it proved that the SE-R designation could only go down hill, never up, only dropping from the previous model as the previous model did from the previous model.

LarryStooge

YamaOni wrote:A GTR is not a skyline? Try blowing that smoke up another A**!If A GTR is not a skyline (a family car in your opinion) why does every GTR have Skyline on them? Notb every Benz is fast or all that nice just like not every Skyline is a GTR.
dude, your a f#cking moron. I was referring to the new R35 GTR as not being a skyline, because it ISN'T. Don't jump into arguments running you'r mouth when you have absolutely no clue what I'm talking about, stupid f#ck.

themadscientist

well see that is one of the things that you were wrong about. The GT-R has always had a better structure that a standard Skyline, this new model won't change that. It is probably based on the same platform with extra stiffening, if it does come out with the VQ powerplant also it just makes good sense.It's all about the money, Nissan will follow the coin, too bad for Skyline and Silvia lovers.

APEXi240

I read a few places that the GT-R will be based on the MR (mid-front engine, rear wheel drive) platform, of course tweaked.

YamaOni

Me a moron, You got me there! But I will say that the new skyline GTR is not going to be the street killer you think it is and the fact that it will be even slower and more tuned down when it hits the states it might as well be a GTST.

As far as not knowing what I am talking about, I drive past a Nissan Dealership every week (IN JAPAN) and pick up most of the magazines I see on Nissan cars (IN JAPAN) and The New GTR is still under development. 4WD with a V8 sounds good but where will the front diff go and the drive shafts to hubs go? There is not much room under the hood of the R35, Not to say that they wont redesign, they might. They might stick the RB26 in there! Why not?

As far as being a Stupid FU**You dont know me or what I do, I miss read your post but I got the impression that you were saying that the GTR was not a Skyline, It is and the new GTR when it comes out it will be a Skyline GTR here in JAPAN.

And I would like to extend an invitation to you, if you want to come see and drive "THE GTR" before everyone in America, You can crash at my apartment. Just bring your International Driving Permit, A toothbrush and your cash.

themadscientist

that's yen

Return to “GTR Forum / Skyline Forum”