R32GTR seized, forced to export. Need some advice/contacts overseas!

A forum for owners and fans of the legendary Nissan Skyline and Nissan GTR.
EliteGTR

C33LaurelRacer wrote:
I wonder if that "Florida guy" might be our resident know-it-all-importer Celm? Wouldn't surprise me in the least if it was.
he made a comment of gtr uk i dont think it was him.

EL MAMITO USMC
Car: SENTRA SER

C33LaurelRacer wrote:
I wonder if that "Florida guy" might be our resident know-it-all-importer Celm? Wouldn't surprise me in the least if it was.
i know this guy and i really hope that this is just an isolated case, now wheres the evidence of those 7 skylines seized. not just this GTR
EliteGTR wrote:
he made a comment of gtr uk i dont think it was him.
a coment related to ....
Modified by EL MAMITO USMC at 3:35 PM 6/15/2008

thomasK(austin)
Car: '93 TT Z32, '82 bmw 320i

Flicktitty wrote:That blows man.

And not to be a d!ck, But doesn't Dept. of homeland security have bigger **** to worry about then a couple of car enthusiests? i mean ****ing christ. it's been how long since we started looking for Osama bin Laden but nooo luck finding that go so lets go over to the next biggest threat ILLEGAL NISSAN SKYLINES get a ****ing life. someone really needs to email some news channel (CNN/FOX/MSNBC) and see what they say on the subject.
I cant say i dont agree with you. Most of us are average joes working our asses off, paying our taxes, etc. Why punish us? probably because we are an easy quota and easy targets. The middle class always gets f#$ked the hardest. I am an enthusiast, all i wanted was my damn gtr, i had it for a week, saved up for years, then taken away.Yes, they do have better things to do, but this seems like something to get thier moral up to make them feel more important i guess. Hell i dont know but we should be concentrating on drugs, machine guns, and illegal people. A car is just a car, hell it was practically just a paperweight in my garage, i drove it once before they took it.

audtatious
Car: 2017 Q60 Red Sport. Gone: 2014 Q50s, 2008 G37s coupe, 2007 G35s Sedan, 2002 Maxima SE, 2000 Villager Estate (Quest), 1998 Quest, 1996 Sentra GXE

Sorry to hear this and I hope it stops with the ones they have currently gathered. Good luck in working it towards a conclusion.

For others who may be viewing this thread from other forums (and I see there are a few) and want to know about the Skyline importation issue, you can view this link: http://www.nicoclub.com/articl...shtml

Anyway, good luck and definately keep us updated as to what is happening.

Looks like there were some other having skyline problems too:http://www.honda-tech.com/zero...68656

tyndago

I will put this here, as I have seen it on a few forums and things.

US Customs is part of Homeland Security. OK... People seem to think that Homeland Security is separate from customs.

http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/about/

"CBPis one of the Department of Homeland Security’s largest and most complex components, with a priority mission of keeping terrorists and their weapons out of the U.S. It also has a responsibility for securing and facilitating trade and travel while enforcing hundreds of U.S. regulations, including immigration and drug laws."

tyndago

EL MAMITO USMC wrote:i know this guy and i really hope that this is just an isolated case, now wheres the evidence of those 7 skylines seized. not just this GTR
Are you in denial ? I don't have proof right now, other than a phone call from a guy that said he had his car seized, and he said 6 other people did also.

I have heard lots of rumors. At least one of them mentions Andre/Franz. He was the guy that had the 3 R34's and the S15 impounded earlier in the year. The other mentions "Skyline King". Good for both of them.

Nine years now I have been talking about this. Trying to educate people.

IGNORANCE OF THE LAW IS NOT AN EXCUSE.

EL MAMITO USMC

tyndago wrote:
Are you in denial ? I don't have proof right now, other than a phone call from a guy that said he had his car seized, and he said 6 other people did also.

I have heard lots of rumors. At least one of them mentions Andre/Franz. He was the guy that had the 3 R34's and the S15 impounded earlier in the year. The other mentions "Skyline King". Good for both of them.

Nine years now I have been talking about this. Trying to educate people.

IGNORANCE OF THE LAW IS NOT AN EXCUSE.
its not denial but ijust wonder what they did to get caugt because im sure that homeland has better things to do than just go after some car, their is more involved . hope this doesnt happen to no one else

EZcheese15
Car: 2012 Juke SV
2011 Titan Pro-4X
2007 BMW 328i

EL MAMITO USMC wrote:
its not denial but ijust wonder what they did to get caugt because im sure that homeland has better things to do than just go after some car, their is more involved . hope this doesnt happen to no one else
Yeah, it is something they did. They bought an illegally imported vehicle.

Saying "I'm sure that Homeland Security has better things to do than go after some car" is as ignorant as saying "A cop won't pull you over for speeding because I'm sure they have more important things to do like fight crime."

The Department of Homeland Security is not just 5 guys sitting around twiddling their thumbs until there is a terrorlst threat. It's a massive organization, that probably employees hundreds of people who's job it is to do nothing but track down illegally imported vehicles.

As much as everyone hates it and think the government is just out there to **** us over, those people need to educate themselves. Laws are laws, and not meant to be tested. They are there for a reason, and if somebody is illegally importing vehicles, what's not to say they aren't illegally importing nuclear weapons as well. This whole situation isn't even about skylines, it's about illegally importing goods, which is a MAJOR crime.

EL MAMITO USMC

well i guess your rigth , ill see if i give mine to a friend in other country and just keep it there and then in 2018 ill get another R33. it sucks we should get thogueter and ask for an amesty or something like that since they gave it to all those millions of illegal immigrants im sure we could work something out. like a permit for use and posecion only for our selfs, (you cant sell the car) .. ill be down for that, we should takl to a lawyer and work someting out before we loose our cars...
Modified by EL MAMITO USMC at 7:33 PM 6/15/2008

themadscientist
Car: R32 GTR, DR30 RS Turbo, BRZ, Lunchbox, NSR50 Sportster 883 Iron
Location: Staring down at you with disdain from the spooky mountaintop castle.

EL MAMITO USMC wrote:well i guess your rigth , ill see if i give mine to a friend in other country and just keep it there and then in 2018 ill get another R33. it sucks we should get thogueter and ask for an amesty or something like that since they gave it to all those millions of illegal immigrants im sure we could work something out. like a permit for use and posecion only for our selfs, (you cant sell the car) .. ill be down for that, we should takl to a lawyer and work someting out before we loose our cars...
That paragraph should be seized and deported as well. Good lord man spellcheck!

EL MAMITO USMC

themadscientist wrote:
That paragraph should be seized and deported as well. Good lord man spellcheck!
i know sorry my kid was jumping all over me .. ill fix it now

themadscientist

Use the "goodnight juice"

audtatious
Car: 2017 Q60 Red Sport. Gone: 2014 Q50s, 2008 G37s coupe, 2007 G35s Sedan, 2002 Maxima SE, 2000 Villager Estate (Quest), 1998 Quest, 1996 Sentra GXE

Customs Agency is part of Homeland Security so they are "doing their job"

EL MAMITO USMC

their is something i dont get completly you can import a non roling chasis and that is completly legal..

and what would happen if you buy the needed parts in the states and you assemble your own car.

because if customs belive that you are going to import a car chasis and not try to assemble a car for you , thats just plain stupid.

what they think we are going to do with it, use it as table decoration??????

but the thing is that we owners dont resell the cars we just want to keep it for personal use

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

We've been through this - It all has to do with intent.

If the parts are brought in with the intention to reassemble into a functional car, then it's not legal.

Z33_kid

dang i have to tell my cousin not to send me the r32 anymore i dont want it to get seized ? he is in the airforce in yokota japan im wondering if this would be the outcome if he brings it to usa

themadscientist

possibly.

wintermute

Flicktitty wrote:
When i saw this thread and pics of the car that was my first thought of the GT-R at the autobarn. but that had differant wheels and seats.
Definitely not the Autobarn car...

Because it's currently sitting in my garage...

Excuse me, I need to go clean out my pants and figure out a backup plan.

Renaissanceman
Car: 95 Nissan Skyline GTS

all i know is, if my car gets seized im taking the guy who sold it to me down with it, because he actually works for the US Customs agency. so thats why he sold it to me but him being a federal employee he broke the law. yes i will be out of a car but i hope they do something to him since he knew. what if you make it a track car or something like that can it still be seized

EL MAMITO USMC

Renaissanceman wrote: what if you make it a track car or something like that can it still be seized
Io think not in a case like this , but you never know what they migth come up with

Go Fast James
Car: 2-honda crx,chevy truck,Trying to find a nissan skyline R32 GTR

Sorry to hear but.Did you buy this one from some one in GA?I found one in GA not too long ago and he told me some one is TX was buying it.

the more that keep geting taken I def want to buy one thats done right.

Good luck get something done about it.

thomasK(austin)
Car: '93 TT Z32, '82 bmw 320i

EL MAMITO USMC wrote:
Io think not in a case like this , but you never know what they migth come up with
Your right. Believe me, i tried to find any way to keep the car here legally. There just isnt a way to do it. Race cars have to be just that, race cars. They cant have anything that would allow to be legal on the street. Cant be a show car because it has to qualify as a show car through the DOT, there is a list of requirements and written justification for being a showcar, which the r32 gtr will not qualify.The federal government are not people you can just make a deal with or bargain. If the car is illegal to be here, its illegal to be here. This means they are either going to auction it for export, crush it, or you have to fight back for it to export it. I believe i will have to have my export agent pick the car up and show proof to customs that it left the country.It sucks, but it is the only way out. My only other choice is to cut my losses and let the feds keep it, but just cant do that out of principal. Id rather pay for the lawyer, fees, and shipping costs, which is a lot by the way.

Vandrel
Car: R33

thomasK(austin) wrote:
Your right. Believe me, i tried to find any way to keep the car here legally. There just isnt a way to do it. Race cars have to be just that, race cars. They cant have anything that would allow to be legal on the street. Cant be a show car because it has to qualify as a show car through the DOT, there is a list of requirements and written justification for being a showcar, which the r32 gtr will not qualify.The federal government are not people you can just make a deal with or bargain. If the car is illegal to be here, its illegal to be here. This means they are either going to auction it for export, crush it, or you have to fight back for it to export it. I believe i will have to have my export agent pick the car up and show proof to customs that it left the country.It sucks, but it is the only way out. My only other choice is to cut my losses and let the feds keep it, but just cant do that out of principal. Id rather pay for the lawyer, fees, and shipping costs, which is a lot by the way.
Sucks for your luck, if I were you I would simply cut the losses and start over with another car.

There are ways they can trace sales of vehicles but that is all in the titles and VIN numbers used to register. It's a big title game and as long as you have a suitable title that doesn't raise a eyebrow with the VIN number on it then you are golden.

People using BCRN, BNR, ERC, HCR VIN numbers (the Japanese VIN's) are the one's who are clearly putting themselfs in the open. Grey market state issued VIN's is the route to go, there is no way to trace the vehicles origin and what kind it is unless you openly disclose "Yes this is a Skyline illegally imported from Japan"

Sorry again for your luck.

canuck94

How do you actually go about getting a "state issued VIN" and not use the actual when getting the car regestered?

Piranha(AZ)
Car: 1991 300ZX Twin Turbo

And not to be a d!ck, But doesn't Dept. of homeland security have bigger **** to worry about then a couple of car enthusiests? i mean ****ing christ. it's been how long since we started looking for Osama bin Laden but nooo luck finding that go so lets go over to the next biggest threat ILLEGAL NISSAN SKYLINES get a ****ing life. someone really needs to email some news channel (CNN/FOX/MSNBC) and see what they say on the subject.
LOL I agree... another new low has been set!

Vandrel
Car: R33

canuck94 wrote:How do you actually go about getting a "state issued VIN" and not use the actual when getting the car regestered?
Rules for registering and titling vary per state, there is more then one way to register vehicles

ddgsxr504
Car: 1995 Nissan 240SX SE 2007 Infinit M35 Sport 2011 Nissan Pathfinder Silver Edition

EL MAMITO USMC wrote:well i guess your rigth , ill see if i give mine to a friend in other country and just keep it there and then in 2018 ill get another R33. it sucks we should get thogueter and ask for an amesty or something like that since they gave it to all those millions of illegal immigrants im sure we could work something out. like a permit for use and posecion only for our selfs, (you cant sell the car) .. ill be down for that, we should takl to a lawyer and work someting out before we loose our cars...
I just got a massive headache trying to decipher that sh*t.

Mycah Leonhart
Car: '95 240SX Base

w3rd around the "Importer Campfire" is that all of these are Skyline Kings cars, FDOT just now started to notice the amount of "Imports" they were getting in and how fast the turnaround was to get titles out the door not only that a lot of mofos were "New Residents" to the state.......thanks to that the FDOT is now looking into just how many "Imports" were brought in to get tags and reporting what they can to the US gvmnt.

Long Story Short, FLORIDA IS CRACKING DOWN.

It's been common knowledge for the past 5 or so years that FL will let you tag ANYTHING pretty much..............well that's NOT the case anymore.

In short you have nothing to worry about IF YOUR CAR NEVER HAD A FLORIDA REGISTRATION if it did sometime in it's life then you got some issues to worry about.

Also to the thread starter, you're not the only one to get snatched here in Houston - a few other have gotten hit.......'specialy one of the biggest importers in the city, I'm not naming names but he's brought in quite a bit.
Modified by Mycah Leonhart at 2:18 AM 6/25/2008

Count Zero
Car: 1990 Skyline GT-R, Federal Legal & fully registered.

Man, total bummer.

Sorry to hear this happened, especially after just getting it.

(Have you looked into selling it up in Canada?)

Course, this does reassure me that the decision to spend the extra time and money to get a Motorex car was the prudent choice. :O

chaosli
Car: 89 nissan 240sx coupe FTW
99 mazda miata
93 bmw 325i RIP

send it to china!! cheap labor and everything for a storage and someone to start it up for u just make sure u know the guy and that they wont sell the car on you

Return to “GTR Forum / Skyline Forum”