Questions about 70 Datsun pickup

1965-1971 Datsun 521 forums. All 520 and 521 topics and discussion can be found here.
trforfun
Car: 1970 Datsun pickup

Hi. I own an 82 280ZX (among other cars) but am considering getting a Datsun truck. I'm looking at a 70 and have some questions. Is this the 521 model? How available are inner door panels, dash caps or replacements? Are there new part sources or would I need to search for used items? The seller is asking $1200--it's got somewhat new paint, needs interior work, tires at 50%, good glass, runs good. Any comments? Thanks...

Datsun5211600

520's were '66 or so to '69. 521's were 70 to 72. Both are great trucks but the 521's engine bay is bigger and easier to work with. If you have an l-series it's smooth sailing. You can even swap up for (slightly) more power relatively easily. Better google l-series vs j-series which came in the 520's. That's really the only difference between the two. Where are you located? Nos dashes are impossible to find Without spending a fortune. Youre better off making one. You might be able to find door panels though if you really want them. There's a fairly well knit datsun community on the west coast and a more sparse one to the east but you won't be able to find much in the way of parts outside autozone, the junkyard, or the like. Introduce yourself at community.ratsun.net for more info on the west coast. Dataunminitruckin.com is east coast. Sounds like a good deal for a good starting point. Be ready to work with it though.

trforfun
Car: 1970 Datsun pickup

Thanks for the info. I will check those websites. I live in Oregon. Take care.

Return to “Datsun 520 / 521”