Q70 Info Screen

Forum for Infiniti M37, M56 M35h Hybrid and Q70 owners.
davelittle

I have a 2016 Q70L. Cool car with 39,000 miles and literally all options except the V8 I think.

Yesterday the info screen (between speedo and tach) pretty much stopped working. It's really unreadably dim or off.

Good way to fix it?

Or should I get rid of the car and get an Audi A8LW12 that's like a limo?

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

N/I clusters with LCD/QLED displays almost all have flexible cables connecting the display to a ZIF (Zero Insertion Force) connector on the mainboard. Most require popping the back of the cluster off to access it (all plastic pawls and possibly phillips screws, not difficult). The flex cables often get dirty or slip out of position in the ZIF, causing the display to blank out or black out. Popping the lock on the ZIF and cleaning and re-locking the cable will usually fix the problem.

This is the kind of cable you're looking for (not your actual one, the pic is of a Maxima cluster which has the ZIF and cable exposed):

Maxima ZIF.png

davelittle

Thank you so much, although if this fix works I guess I won't be getting a new car.

I assume this is behind the dash and somewhat accessible? Not sure where the mainboard is but I'll go looking.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

davelittle wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:59 pm
Thank you so much, although if this fix works I guess I won't be getting a new car.

I assume this is behind the dash and somewhat accessible? Not sure where the mainboard is but I'll go looking.
The mainboard I referred to is the circuit board inside the cluster. The cluster will need to come out, but that isn't difficult on your ride. The top cover over the cluster pries off, then there are two screws holding the cluster outer trim panel in place, then 3 screws holding the cluster. This eBay listing has some good pics of what the back of your cluster looks like. There are 8 phillips screws and a bunch of plastic pawls holding the back cover on.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/265010897802

Return to “Infiniti M37, M56, M35h Hybrid and Q70 Forum”