Q45 Seat Belts

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
sandydennis11
Car: 1996 Infiniti Q45 176k miles
purchased new in 1995

My 1996 Q45 drivers seat seat belt is unraveling and almost unusable.
Did Infiniti have a warranty for these items after the basic warranty time or is there a federal law on seat belt replacement for life of car?
Google search can't find answer either.

Dealership is 'not too smart' here in San Francisco, so asking here first.
This is the dealership that said when THE oil filter that their service department installed came off after a few months of use that its possible a raccoon was messing around under my street parked car. SERIOUSLY!!!

J30tChumpCar
Car: 1995 J30t Totaled @ Charlotte motor speedway
1994 J30 gutted caged road racer Now with VH45DE!
1966 Chevy Corvair V8 mid-ship conversion

Never heard of a federal or lifetime warranty on any component, saying that, I am sure you can find a used unit easily enough.

Check the other forums here, I have a ad about parting out several q45.

Q451990
Car: 1990 Q45 - 118K, 2022 Toyota 4 Runner, 2004 Frontier M/T - 108K, 2012 Xterra (Mom's), 2023 Rogue (Inlaws)

I'm 99% sure the early Q45 had a lifetime seat belt warranty. However, I think it changed at some point, and I don't know when that point was. I'll have to look for a copy of the warranty information. I didn't see it in the .pdf of the owner's manual available at www.infiniti-techinfo.com

my12by60

When my driver seat female buckle stopped working (would not click and hold male side steel insert), I brought the car to Infiniti of Scottsdale and they installed a new buckle for free. That was a couple of years ago on a 2000 Q45. So I do think you might be able to get a free replacement on your frayed belt. I think it may be some sort of Federal law and not a warranty issue that supports the free replacement, but I am not sure.

98_Q45

My 97 Maxima was having an issue with the seatbelt not retracting. I went thru the work of removing the seatbelt and taking it to the dealer (this was more than a couple years ago). The manual says there is a lifetime warranty on the seatbelt systems, but they tried to play me and say only they could install it for the warranty (because it’s a safety issue). Then they only said they had to order it, and it would be a different color from the original.

I was like screw y’all, so I cleaned the seatbelt thoroughly and scrubbed...and it worked like new again. Sometimes gunk and grease get on the seatbelt and the holder and it needs to be scrubbed out and picked out with a Bobby pin or similar tool.

I like Nissan/Infiniti but their dealers suck!!! Everytime I’ve tried to even ORDER something with them (never let them touch my car though) they always have some story about why it can’t be done or why they ordered the wrong part.

I only deal with Infinitipartsdeal and AffordableInfinitiparts when it’s required to get a dealer part. I’ve even gotten away from using Nissan oil filters, but I have to say the attention I get when a q45 pull up is always fun lol.

Ive come to realize my non-ASE certified hands generally do better than the hands of many mechanics. I replaced all 4 belts, fan clutch, doing everything by the book, cleaning and scrubbing and degreasing the whole engine, then spraying permatex seal and spray around the entire timing cover seal. I would have paid $300+ for the same work elsewhere and not gotten that amount of detail in.

Unfortunately I don’t care to do suspension, brakes and tires, so eventually it has to go once in awhile

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”