Q45 Articles, Repairs, and Info.

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
rajanshetye
Car: q45 1998

I wanted help to replace the 120 AMP fusible link on 1998 Q45. This link is connected to positive terminal of the battery inline, however the link looks to be tied by screws, can anyone tell me how to remove this fusible link to replace. I pulled the fusible link, however the legs stayed put , hence they look to be tied .

- +----(Fusible link 120 A)---

thanks

rajanshetye
Car: q45 1998

It was easy to replace. First remove the connections of the battery. Next remove the housing for the harness of the positive of the battery. This slides down. once it slides down, remove the 13mm screws holding the 120 AMP fuse. after the screws are removed, , pull the 120 amp fuse. If the legs are still holding, pull them up with pliers. Next put new 120 AMP fuse, Screw down the 13 MM screws to hold the legs, and reverse procedure.

Drake57
Car: 1992 Q45, 1990 Q45 (parts), 06 Sportster XLC, 85 XJ6, 08 4Runner, 89 Suburban 4WD, 75 Honda CT90

The following thread outlines a troubleshooting procedure for a recurrent failure in the trunk open actuator circuit in the first generation Q45s:
trunk-release-switch-not-working-no-pow ... 53215.html

7Mercury7
Car: 2000 Infiniti Q45

Hi all,

Just shy of 140,000 miles.
What replacements do you recommend for the alternator?

Are there any available significantly more powerful than the stock units?
Are there any that you would definitely recommend against using?

Has anyone had their original stock alternator rebuilt?
If so, at how many miles and how long ago please?

Thanks in advance for any directions or comments.

Katen
Car: 1995 Q45
1991 Q45

Who has the Engine Specs for 91 Q45??

wrd0225

I have just a acquired a 1990 Q45. It has been hit in front center. It was pushed in, but not the fan into the radiator. It still runs. I have to get the hood open.k

My first problem is getting the shift lock. I can't remove the shifter handle. I would appreciate any help. Thanks up front.

mattd1979
Car: 1990 Pearl White Q45 plain Jane with 266,000 miles. 2015 moonlight white metallic Q70L with 20” wheels, sport brakes and a 5.6L at 58,000 miles.

Is the shift-lock bypass button to the right of the shifter stuck? If so then you'll have to remove the trim from around the shifter and maybe even the center console to gain access to the shifter controls. Once there, you will need to press down on the lever that the shift-lock bypass button presses using a long skinny flat-head screw driver reaching in from the side and while pressing on the lever, press down on the shift-lock button (not the bypass button) to move it where you need it.

russlynn
Car: 2000 Q45

100% newbie, not sure where to post this.
Just bought a 2000 Q45 Anniversary Edition with 86k on it. WHAT A RIDE!!! Owned in Florida by a 90y/o feels real new, well maintained.
Car is now in Long Island, NY
Easy question, I'm changing oil is there a recommended synthetic? Any input appreciated

lonsolo7
Car: 1995 Infinity Q45

1995 Infinity Q45
No power to seats or windows. Any suggestions?

Steviek1
Car: 2003 Q45 Premium Pkg. w/ Nav. 192k

Wes, do you have any thoughts about the rattling noise I am hearing during IDLE on my 2003 Q45 with 170k miles on it? Sounds like it is coming from the UPPER FRONT engine area, but sounds like the noise a plastic part would make rattling against a solid metal object....who knows, really, but it could be in the LIFTER area and it has me concerned that it could be something major. The noise does not increase or diminish with increase in RPMs and I don't notice it at all while driving, just when sitting idle. Thanks in advance for your ideas. I haven't taken it in yet to be inspected but was wondering if it was something you had heard of before first. Thanks.

Steve

Edzgyam1
Car: 1994 Nissan Inifinity Q45

Hey,

I just one question... I went into the Nissan Dealership because my engine light had come on.. They ran a diagnostic and found that I needed an injector #4 for my 1994 Nissan Infinity Q45. I'm wondering how the injector #4 looks like., so that I can make the right purchase. If you have any pics or any description on how the injector #4 looks like., I'd greatly appreciate it..

-Edz Gyamfi

Fustus
Car: 1991 Q45 (base)

Bought a 1991 Q45 a few weeks ago. The tabs were from March of '06; it had been garaged since then due to an engine problem. The engine was replaced with another Q45 engine with 80k miles on it (the odometer reads 173k). The body is in excellent condition, and the interior - tan leather - is a 9 out of 10. It's a beautiful vehicle. The guy I bought it from replaced A LOT of things: engine, water pump, belts, brakes & lines, even the a/c components. The only things that don't work are the tape deck and rear passenger side window doesn't go down. Okay, so it's cosmetically nice and a pleasure to drive. Unfortunately, as I was cruising at 78 mph (at 24000rpm!!!) up the intersate, it began to overheat. I added coolant to the reservoir, then to the radiator after it had cooled. Started it, drove a mile, and it overheated again. Pulled over and saw coolant leaking onto pavement behind right front wheel. Towed to the shop, where a pressure test "showed" a leak from freeze plug/expansion joint between transmission & engine. Drove it 5 miles home at 35mph ok, although exhaust was cloudier (white - not sure if it's smoke or what), and I could faintly smell gas and something else. Here's the deal: I really like the car
Certainly have no problem putting a few grand into it over the summer. But what's
the wisest way to invest the $, considering the high cost of fixing it? Fixing the
freeze plug/expansion joints is $1,000 largely due to dropping the transmission. I'm
keeping the car; just want to invest wisely. Advice?
Last edited by Fustus on Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Beller
Car: 1995 Infinite Q45

I have 1995 Q45 , just replaced fuel pump ! but it won't turn on,fuel pump relay is working but the car won't start. So then I checked the code and it gave me code 55 !anyone know what the hell is going on with thing ? Oh I checked all the fuses and they look fine. I need HELP !posting.php?mode=reply&f=177&t=270018#

OHG2YOU
Car: Q45 2003

Help please... I have a Q45 2003 183 k miles car would not turn over took 4 tries and had to step on gas. Also while at 80 mph if I push on gas to get more go it hesitates and jerk. What do I need to do??????

OHG2YOU
Car: Q45 2003

Steve with the Q I have something just like that and I was told that a pulley needs to be changed there are three. Call me at 562_221_1028

bawler50
Car: 91 Q45

I would like to sell my Q45 It Is a first gen 1991 Has around 176k. Let me know sell it cheep. drive it home[[img]img]

okinawaking_06_09
Car: sil80sx (silfiniti vh45dett) 13.4 kouki front chuki rear
monko jodi? nani? lol

hey elwesso man we spoke years ago this is a new account man can you pm
please its a hicas ecu prob. thanks :poke:

GeraldP
Car: 1997 Infiniti Q45

Hello All,

It is probably already here somewhere but I need direction on replacing heater core on 97 Q 45. Need to locate it but think I know its to left of AC Cooling Unit 1 and Intake 1. Can I access it after I get those 2 items off or does entire dash have to come down/out?

All the tell tale signs.

Steam on windshield inside.

Antifreeze smell.

Stems through fire wall were brittle. Inserted copper sleeves inside them which got me through last winter but problem is back.

Suggestions???

Thanks,

Gerald [email protected]

GeraldP

Hello All,

It is probably already here somewhere but I need direction on replacing heater core on 97 Q 45. Need to locate it but think I know its to left of AC Cooling Unit 1 and Intake 1. Can I access it after I get those 2 items off or does entire dash have to come down/out?

All the tell tale signs. Steam on windshield inside. Antifreeze smell.

Stems through fire wall were brittle. Inserted copper sleeves inside them which got me through last winter but problem is back.

Suggestions???

Thanks,

Gerald [email protected] 601-503-8234

eringoren
Car: 1995 infiniti Q45

1995 infiniti Q45. How can I disconnect tcs & Slp lights.
I have replaced 3 tcs relays. light still on
I took Q45 to mechanic & he put the car on scope got 13 lights,
. light still on.
I do not want to see light again .

Help

eringoren
[email protected]

BattleScars13
Car: 1989 s13 coupe, vh45de project ;3

BIG Question(s):
I see this over-looked... A LOT.

WHY are the ignition systems between the JDM and USDM VH45DE's different?
-My JDM engine I bought has no Ignitors on top of the valve covers, and is confusing, since they cut the harness on both back ends... :/

If/after I make a sub-harness... could I use the USDM ECU with the JDM coils (directly wired to the ECU) with no problems, or would I need to switch over all the USDM coils and ignitors?

Which of the two systems would be more efficient to use..?

Further Info::
-I have both a JDM and a USDM engine... :)
-I have 2 (3 now) USDM ECUs, not the JDM president one :tisk:
-JDM harness was cut, so I got 2 USDM harnesses

Pictures of the problem i'm talking about shall follow..
Any serious info anyone can give me would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks.

Here's a pic of the JDM harness, without ignitor box, it just directly wires into the harness... :confused:

Here's a pic of how the USDM version looks..

Anyone else come across this? What did you do?

Also, I apologize for the novel... lol :facepalm:

BattleScars13
Car: 1989 s13 coupe, vh45de project ;3

A couple more pics of the JDM version...

I'm just hoping I don't burn up the USDM ECU if I try to run it directly like the JDM harness has. :ohno:
LMK.

Hmm54gmc
Car: 1990 q45

Hi everybody ,
I'm a new owner if a 90 Q45 and I am removing the plenum on my car to do the injectors . I would like to find out if anyone still has a list of the under plenum hoses with part numbers . I tried the links I found here , but didn't get them to work . Thanks so much .

Krivera
Car: 1997 Infinity Q45

I have 97 Q45 I've changed the maf sensor and now im getting code p1110 the car runs for about 10 minutes then dies, it will start back up after 10 to 15 minutes the dies again I ordered the intake valve timing sensor if I install this sensor will it fix my problem there are no other codes.

branscoset
Car: 1991 Q45 on coil overs and 18" 350z rims

Hmm54gmc wrote:Hi everybody ,
I'm a new owner if a 90 Q45 and I am removing the plenum on my car to do the injectors . I would like to find out if anyone still has a list of the under plenum hoses with part numbers . I tried the links I found here , but didn't get them to work . Thanks so much .

I too would like said list, I can't get any of the links to work and I haven't been able to find a source .

King Charles
Car: 1996 Q45
106K Miles

Figures I need the guide to replace knock sensors & this link is not loading now lol.

Jttoka
Car: '99 Infiniti Q45t
'03 Audi Allroad
'08 Toyota Yaris
'89 Toyota MR2 Supercharged

chipahoy
Car: 1999 Infiniti Q45T, 250,000k

aaysdaddy wrote:I have a 1995 Q45, the other day there was a huge puddle of antifreeze under the car. I took a look underneath the car, the hood and couldnt find any wet hoses or torn hoses. At the bottom corner of the radiator however is where i see the coolant leaking but i cant exactly locate it. Can anyone tell me if i should replace my radiator or any other ideas? Thanks!
Also be aware that under the intake manifold there is a three inch rubber hose, just like the one on the front of the engine, part of a by-pass hose. you have to remove the intake manifold to change this hose. good idea to replace the knock sensor while you are in there too.

TDFleming11

I have a 1997 Infiniti Q-45. Have a problem with stalling out, it jerks and bucks. Loses power, and was told I need an ignition control module. I can't find this part anywhere. Would anyone have any solutions, if not I fear I will have to sell this car which I do love, because its becoming dangerous to drive. If anyone has any answers please, please, reply. :confused: :confused: :confused:

cbird805
Car: 2003 Infiniti M45
1995 Infiniti Q45 Base
(prev) 1994 Infiniti Q45 Base

ALternate part for 90-96 Q45 Fan/PS Idler Pulley

One headache that I ran into when I was replacing the serpentine belts was (lack of)availability of the PS idler pulley. I found a alternate part that works on the Base Q45 (G50), You can use Duralast PN#2331150 instead. It is also a double bearing pulley with very similar measurements. There is a catch, though; you may have to swap the other two idler pulleys around to allow clearance for the difference in width and offset. I changed all three belts and the other 2 pulleys, applied some threadlocker on the bolt and orange RTV on the outer nuts of the pulley. The RTV was to ensure they don't vibrate off, just in case. I used the original hardware, as far as the tension-er and pulley covers. So far I haven't had any issues.

This is only for the Base model 4 rib belt. I'm not sure if this will work with the 7 rib belt in the Q45a, sorry.

https://www.autozone.com/external-engin ... 966650_0_0

Hope this helps keep these great automobiles running.

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”