Put my money where it should be

A General Discussion forum for cars and other topics, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to NICO!
datechboss101
Car: 2016 Nissan Rogue SL -- RIP
2018 Nissan Kicks SR -- RIP
2019 Nissan Rogue SV w/ Prem. Pack

Well after learning my original next vehicle will be delayed by another full year, I made an impulsive decision. I plopped down $1000 for a deposit on the upcoming Acura MDX Type S. Now, this specific Type S ain't cheap, since I specifically requested for the Advanced model. The other trim level is called Base. Due to the fact that I am the first person at this specific Acura dealership to put a deposit on one, I am literally avoiding the dealership markup. I made this clear to both the salesperson and sales manager; also, knowing this is a "speciality" vehicle, I cannot negotiate on the price, however, I already negotiated on the programs, rates, accessories (I tried to get the vehicle without any accessories, but that was turned down immediately).

I could've went with the 6MT Integra or the new 6MT Z, but after renting a Malibu (great job Enterprise from Downgrading me from a Pickup to a Minivan to a mid-sized sedan, with a boat load of nonsense and bs from the representatives), I didn't feel comfortable in a car with my body build (really I need to get into shape). So keeping true with my constant saying here in this forum, I am actually putting my money where my mind says it needs to be. Once I figure out this driver mod called weight reduction, I shall look into a track toy (the Type-S might be a tow-rig/weekend toy).

However, I am planning to counter-balance the depreciation loss of the vehicle with investing in assets (might think about stock market later on). I posted a link of some marketing materials, since Honda decided to leave some options and combos out. All PDFs are on the first post in the link.

https://www.mdxers.org/threads/mdx-type ... st-1541335

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

Thanks for the update!! Look forward to hearing of your vehicle adventures.

datechboss101

PalmerWMD wrote:
Tue Nov 02, 2021 6:40 pm
Thanks! I am actually doing some house looking for my own. Needing a minimum of a 3 car garage, so it's going to take a while to find that perfect house that isn't overpriced in this Orlando, FL housing market. I casually got a list of cars I wish and want to own. My signature will slowly increase and expand while I add more cars to my own fleet.

98_Q45

datechboss101 wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 7:34 am
PalmerWMD wrote:
Tue Nov 02, 2021 6:40 pm
Thanks! I am actually doing some house looking for my own. Needing a minimum of a 3 car garage, so it's going to take a while to find that perfect house that isn't overpriced in this Orlando, FL housing market. I casually got a list of cars I wish and want to own. My signature will slowly increase and expand while I add more cars to my own fleet.
Former Orlando resident here myself!

I'll say: parking outside isn't the worst thing provided its washed and waved and not under trees. Unless you find a climate controlled 3 car garage, sometimes the stale air can lead to rust down the line (have a 97 Maxima that didn't start developing body rust until it was being parked in the garage everyday...but this is in the Midwest where they also use salt versus just rain).

I know the newer SUVs get fairly decent gas mileage (I recall a rented Nissan pathfinder getting about the same mileage as my 98 Q45), but it's funny how in the country towns, everyone has big pickups and s***. Now people going on about the gas prices. I'm like ya, 15 mpg at 25×$3.50= :crazy:

datechboss101

98_Q45 wrote:
Thu Nov 04, 2021 1:03 am

Former Orlando resident here myself!

I'll say: parking outside isn't the worst thing provided its washed and waved and not under trees. Unless you find a climate controlled 3 car garage, sometimes the stale air can lead to rust down the line (have a 97 Maxima that didn't start developing body rust until it was being parked in the garage everyday...but this is in the Midwest where they also use salt versus just rain).

I know the newer SUVs get fairly decent gas mileage (I recall a rented Nissan pathfinder getting about the same mileage as my 98 Q45), but it's funny how in the country towns, everyone has big pickups and s***. Now people going on about the gas prices. I'm like ya, 15 mpg at 25×$3.50= :crazy:
My area is classified as suburbia, so I see plenty of lifted Duramaxs and Powerstrokes. My 16 Rogue was nearly broken into one night after coming back from work, so yeah, learned a lesson, which is to find said house in a gated neighborhood. Don't mind if its small, as long as it meet some requirements. And I've actually found some houses not that far from mum and pops, that's within my price range. I do have on the list once I buy a place to install a separate air con unit in the garage, water softener (its a complete PITA rn to wash at home without soft water), central vacuum system, and maybe a car lift.

I'm currently getting 20-25 MPG, and not that long ago, at ~$3.499 per gal of 93, I paid over $60 for like 18 gals of fuel. Even with Smiles per gal > MPG, I still end up in the high teens MPG wise.

Return to “General Chat”