Purchasing New Rogue SL 2WD... Help me answer some Q's!

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
JMila1901

Hello everyone! I am new here and planning to sell my awesome Cherokee for a more civilized more economic SUV... So far the Rogue has been my favorite! Best looking and most affordable out of the CR-V And Rav4... I have a few questions for you though...

Is the 2WD version peppy? Im not looking for a race ready SUV, but something with good get up and go! My Cherokee will sink you into your seat if you punch it! I doubt the I4 on the Rogue will do it but you never know! lol...

What kind of key comes with the rogue? Is it push start or key start? The Altima key would be really cool, not sure if its the Intelikey ive heard you guys refer to in previous posts...

How is the overall build quality of the vehicle? Does the dash rattle? Are all the plastics strong? Do they scratch easy? Do the seats stain easy? Is it comfortable for long trips? Hows the paint quality? How is the SL's premium radio? Any common issues with this car or any recalls Any complaints you have about the vehicle?

Have the altima guys had good luck with that engine and trans? Any reliability issues? Or common issues with the engine?

Sorry for asking so many questions but i like to know my cars like i own them before i buy them

Thanks for all the help! You guys rock!

JMila1901

Here is my Rogue!

jlsatt00

Welcome to the forum!

I cannot answer all of your questions, but I can try to answer a few of them. My Rogue is the AWD SL in Venom Red, so I can't comment on the 2wd pep. I can say that my AWD has more pep in my opinion than the v4 Rav or the CRV.

In regard to the key, the SL premium package comes with an intelligent key. You never have to put your key in the door or the ignition! I absolutely love this feature! I travel between several schools for work and I am always lugging around large sholder bags. I no longer have to dig for keys when my hands are full. The way it works, is quite simple. You have a key that looks like a small remote (which you can pull apart to get a manual key). You keep it with you. On the door handles, there is a small push button. You push it and the door with open with the key is on your person somewhere. When you get in, you turn the ignition over as if a key was in it and the car will start if it senses the intelligent key.

In regard the materials, I think the quality is very good. I never seriously looked into the CRV as I didn't like the exterior, so I only drove a base model and the interior seemed nice. I almost purchased a RAV4 before the Rogue was released, but the interior on the Rogue is MUCH nicer in my opinion. I have had my Rogue for just over a month now and so far, I have no scrathes or problems with the interior. In regard to the seats, I think they are very comfortable, but the longest trip I have taken so far was only a few hours round trip.

In regard the paint, I love my venom red paint. I was all set to buy the gotham gray until I saw the red in person. My paint looks really high quality...well...except for the place where I was hit last month after only have the car a few days....but that is the repair shop's problem, not Nissan's. My Rogue will being going back to the shop for a third time....lets hope they get the paint right this time....(I am just a little bitter )

I love the stereo (I have the bose system). I am not a big sound person, but I can really tell a big difference in comparison to my old car and my husband's non bose pathfinder stereo.

I am very glad I purchased the Rogue, I love it more every day. No complaints....well, with the exception of the person who destroyed my bumper...but that isn't the cars fault. Nissan really did a good job with the Rogue.

JMila1901

jlsatt00 wrote:Welcome to the forum!

I cannot answer all of your questions, but I can try to answer a few of them. My Rogue is the AWD SL in Venom Red, so I can't comment on the 2wd pep. I can say that my AWD has more pep in my opinion than the v4 Rav or the CRV.

In regard to the key, the SL premium package comes with an intelligent key. You never have to put your key in the door or the ignition! I absolutely love this feature! I travel between several schools for work and I am always lugging around large sholder bags. I no longer have to dig for keys when my hands are full. The way it works, is quite simple. You have a key that looks like a small remote (which you can pull apart to get a manual key). You keep it with you. On the door handles, there is a small push button. You push it and the door with open with the key is on your person somewhere. When you get in, you turn the ignition over as if a key was in it and the car will start if it senses the intelligent key.

In regard the materials, I think the quality is very good. I never seriously looked into the CRV as I didn't like the exterior, so I only drove a base model and the interior seemed nice. I almost purchased a RAV4 before the Rogue was released, but the interior on the Rogue is MUCH nicer in my opinion. I have had my Rogue for just over a month now and so far, I have no scrathes or problems with the interior. In regard to the seats, I think they are very comfortable, but the longest trip I have taken so far was only a few hours round trip.

In regard the paint, I love my venom red paint. I was all set to buy the gotham gray until I saw the red in person. My paint looks really high quality...well...except for the place where I was hit last month after only have the car a few days....but that is the repair shop's problem, not Nissan's. My Rogue will being going back to the shop for a third time....lets hope they get the paint right this time....(I am just a little bitter )

I love the stereo (I have the bose system). I am not a big sound person, but I can really tell a big difference in comparison to my old car and my husband's non bose pathfinder stereo.

I am very glad I purchased the Rogue, I love it more every day. No complaints....well, with the exception of the person who destroyed my bumper...but that isn't the cars fault. Nissan really did a good job with the Rogue.
Thanks for the help! I went to my local dealer today and test drove an SL 2WD, I didnt like the fact that i didnt have intelikey start, nor xenon lights... those options are reserved for the AWD buyers... That sucks major! Those are desirable features! I also didnt like that they had so many AWD models, i live in the city with NO hills and NO offroad areas or snow... Their is NO need for anyone to need an AWD here! Ohh and no bluetooth handsfree for the 2WD either...

Ticmxman
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL 2WD Gotham Gray

JMila1901 wrote:Hello everyone! I am new here and planning to sell my awesome Cherokee for a more civilized more economic SUV... So far the Rogue has been my favorite! Best looking and most affordable out of the CR-V And Rav4... I have a few questions for you though...

1. Is the 2WD version peppy? Im not looking for a race ready SUV, but something with good get up and go! My Cherokee will sink you into your seat if you punch it! I doubt the I4 on the Rogue will do it but you never know! lol... 2. What kind of key comes with the rogue? Is it push start or key start? The Altima key would be really cool, not sure if its the Intelikey ive heard you guys refer to in previous posts3. How is the overall build quality of the vehicle? Does the dash rattle? No rattles. Are all the plastics strong?Yes and I like the dash texture and feel. Do they scratch easy? No. Do the seats stain easy? uh I don't know I use a towel on mine if I'm drinking or eating. Is it comfortable for long trips? Yes and very quiet. Hows the paint quality? Very good. How is the SL's premium radio?The Bose radio is awesome for a stock radio and better than a lot of aftermarket units. Any common issues with this car or any recalls Any complaints you have about the vehicle? No problems for me with build quality, no rattles no trips to the dealer with problems so far, Any issues? I have none at all and have only seen only one post of a problem so far by anyone and that was related to the front passenger air bag.

Have the altima guys had good luck with that engine and trans? Any reliability issues? Or common issues with the engine?

Sorry for asking so many questions but i like to know my cars like i own them before i buy them

Thanks for all the help! You guys rock!
Yes I would classify mine as peppy, by the way mine Rogue is almost like the one you outlined, I do not have black seats.

...I think you have already found the limits of Nissan's packages on the 2wd vs awd Rogues, no intellikey, no blue tooth, no leather for 2wd. Yeah this is a bummer if you don't want or need AWD.. How is the overall build quality of the vehicle? Does the dash rattle? No rattles. Are all the plastics strong?Yes and I like the dash texture and feel. Do they scratch easy? No. Do the seats stain easy? uh I don't know I use a towel on mine if I'm drinking or eating. Is it comfortable for long trips? Yes and very quiet. Hows the paint quality? Very good. How is the SL's premium radio?The Bose radio is awesome for a stock radio and better than a lot of aftermarket units. Any common issues with this car or any recalls Any complaints you have about the vehicle? No problems for me with build quality, no rattles no trips to the dealer with problems so far, Any issues? I have none at all and have only seen only one post of a problem so far by anyone and that was related to the front passenger air bag.

I abolutely luv this crossover and I had an 06 RAV4 4cyl and a 02 CRV. It handles very well and has plenty of pep. The CVT is different but I like it, it is so smooth. The interior is far better than some other crossovers everyday things like the radio, climate contrils, xlarge glove box, deep 2 layer console, the pop up cargo organizer all these add up to IMO the best small crossover on the market.

jlsatt00

I agree it is a little irritating they did not include the features on the 2wd. The good news, however, is that the awd isn't that much more expensive. I paid 23,900 plus tax on mine. On a positive note, the awd could come in handy when it rains or if you ever take a trip up north in the winter months. It should also help resale value.

eastgurl

Regarding the intel key, if someone gets in your car by breaking the window, can they start the car?

Also, what security features are on the Rogue? Thanks!

JMila1901

eastgurl wrote:Regarding the intel key, if someone gets in your car by breaking the window, can they start the car?

Also, what security features are on the Rogue? Thanks!
No, the key is programmed to the car, thats why you can start it without sticking the key in the ignition

Return to “Rogue Forum”