Project Jspec603: 56k non compliant

The Internet's ONLY forum for 240sx convertible information and the official home of the 240sx Convertible Club of America!
jspec603
Car: 92 verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrt

Well, I actually have 2 digi climate controllers. :-) One came off ebay, the other with the clip. TBH, dunno if I will use either at this point. I also don't even know if either work! LOL.

Thanks for all the kind words peeps!

jspec603

Also, the coils were as easy to install on the vert as they are on a coupe. There was zero cutting involved. The install would be much easier with the top up however. As far as the EDFC... I really don't know how well the rears would work on the vert. With the top down, the liner sits very snugly over the top of the coil. Picture if you will a sort of dome/tent over the top of the adjustment screw. I'm sure we're all clever and resourceful enough to make them work tho. I plan on trying at some point!!!

BigMACKenzie
Car: 1993 240sx convertible

NICE! thanks for the good news, if you have the time, take some snaps of the coilovers and how the sit in regards to the top being up/down. I wonder if the extra inches would really hurt the vert top/impede with regular driving. thanks for the help.

jspec603

Well, we all know that we love pictures so here's a few I took today. I'm only test fitting the fenders and bumper on the car to see just how much farther I can drop it! Don't worry, it will all be repainted to match the car.

I've still got about a 2 finger gap between the front tire and fender. Now I know that is highly inappropriate so it will be corrected asap! On another note, I ordered a catco high flow and greddy top feed fuel rail today. If anyone is looking for that fuel rail, call 240sxmotoring! They supposedly bought all of the ones released to the US this past shipment so they will have a few!

xrider252
Car: 98 kouki

wow that thing sick, make me want to work on my vert more, what bumper is that???

jspec603

The kit is the version select III, basicly the origin aggressive copy. I have the full kit plus the front and rear wide fenders (20mm and 50mm) that I am not going to reuse on this project.

DJButton
Car: 2010 Nissan 240sx

man that's gonna be nice.

TIMELSS_vert

bro, no joke, you should paint the car to match the bumper.

looks good though, and looks like the car is going to be sick. Are you going to replace the Falken Hanabis?

DJButton

TIMELSS_vert wrote:bro, no joke, you should paint the car to match the bumper.

looks good though, and looks like the car is going to be sick. Are you going to replace the Falken Hanabis?
His old coupe was that color! lol

jspec603

Ya, my old coupe was the pink. It's like a bubble gum pink with medium red metal flake. Looks pretty cool, but I'm almost 30 and its time to grow up! lol As far as the Hanabi's go? Ya I'm thinkin about sellin them. Not quite yet, cause when I do sell these I'd like to swap to 5 lug and get into an 18. I want to achieve hella fitment with the next set I buy.

Here's a pic of the old coupe, before I was learned in the ways of proper fitment! LOL

TIMELSS_vert

that coupe is SICK bro, I demand more pics. Oh, and haven't you heard you're only as old as you feel hahahaha

jspec603

Ya, I hear ya on being as old as you feel. LOL I'm young at heart that is for sure. As for other pics of my old coupe...only have a few.

Don't mind my creepy *** in the back ground. LOL I was caught totally off guard in this pic. Def not the best pic hahah.
Modified by jspec603 at 9:25 AM 5/28/2008

TIMELSS_vert

so are you salvaging the whole kit for the vert, or what? I definitely dig that coupe though, its really sick

jspec603

Ya, I'm using everything but the wide fenders. If I had more cash to throw away, I' go for something a bit more uncommon. This will do for now. I can always sell it all and get something new for the car later on!

starion1991
Car: 1994 nissan 240sx vert

damm bro, nice work, cant wait to see it on the road

jspec603

Thanks! I don't know if you'll ever actually 'see it' on the road being that your half way across the country! lol But believe me, I can not wait to drive it!

jspec603

Quick update:

I've got most of the wiring put back in the car, now I just have to do the vert specific things. My turbo is on its way back from being rebuilt. Should have it running somewhat soon I hope! Sorry no pics today!

jspec603

Howdy! So my fuel rail, catco cat and rebuilt turbo allllll arrived today. Took a little time after work to do a quick mockup of the exhaust mani, turbo and down pipe extension. Need to figure out where to put my egt and uego bungs. Once we do that I'm gonna have our powder coater hit the turbo mani, down pipe extension and open dump pipe in ceramic. Just have to pick up some injectors and a bunch of braided line and this thing should be finished! Here's another engine bay teaser...

I also have another delima. I honestly don't usually care what others think about how my car looks, but I need some opinions as to what some of you would choose to do. I have the brickyard headlights and oe corners. Problem is, the corners came in two different shades of amber! I had ordered some clear corners one night off ebay but never installed. I don't want the car to look ricey. What do you guys think?

i just don't know which I will go with...

DJButton

Man, I like those clear corners on it!

Angry Squirell!

TIMELSS_vert

i personally think it all depends on the color of the car... anything but white or light silver go with the clears!!

bakgwailo
Car: '93 Nissan 240sx SE hatch, '93 Nissan 240sx SE LE Convertible, 94 Nissan 240sx SE LE Convertible

whats up Jspec, nice build ! i think i am one of the other 4 'verts in the area (b0ston)...

in fact i have 2 ! !!! well, one is a parts car (lmk if u need anything, still have a bunch of stuff from it)

BTW, I got a digi climate 100% working in my USDM hatch if you need help, its pretty easy, and if you are swapping everything (cabin harness/etc) it should be simple.

again, nice vert, makes me jealous, lol

jspec603

Thanks for the kind words man! I'm not swapping the harness at this point. Maybe next winter when/if I go RHD. Hopefully we can get it to work, my boss and I have done wiring (alarms, remote starts etc for a while). If not, I'll be sure to hit you up! If your in the Boston area, you should bring one of your cars to or seacoast meet on the 28th! The link is in the sig!

jspec603

TIMELSS_vert wrote:i personally think it all depends on the color of the car... anything but white or light silver go with the clears!!
It's not gonna get painted pink!

DeXteR
Car: 14 Titan Pro4X
05 Xterra OR
92 300ZX Slicktop
94 Sentra RS Rally Car

Looks cool.

I think the clear corners look funny with OEM headlights... That's just my opinion.

Engine bay teaser is looking good.

twistedsymphony
Car: 1997 240sx SE / 1995 Infiniti Q45

those clears look ricey IMO

the JDM OEM headlights have a nice "smoked" look to them which continues into the OEM corners... the clear ones look like cheap plastic by comparison.

you might consider using them if you could emulate the OEM smoked look but IMO you'd be better off rocking the OEM corners with different shades of amber... you'd only notice it if you were looking at the car straight on with perfectly even lighting, and even then it'd be hard to notice unless you were looking for it.

either that or buy another set that matches and hock the spares on ebay.

BTW... I better see this thing on the roat a the seacoast meet... get to it!

jspec603

twistedsymphony wrote:those clears look ricey IMO

the JDM OEM headlights have a nice "smoked" look to them which continues into the OEM corners... the clear ones look like cheap plastic by comparison.

you might consider using them if you could emulate the OEM smoked look but IMO you'd be better off rocking the OEM corners with different shades of amber... you'd only notice it if you were looking at the car straight on with perfectly even lighting, and even then it'd be hard to notice unless you were looking for it.

either that or buy another set that matches and hock the spares on ebay.

BTW... I better see this thing on the roat a the seacoast meet... get to it!
I definitely agree with everyone about them looking cheap. That's why I never put them on the other car. Just one of those things that goes through someones head even though you know its wrong lol. As far as this car being on the drive, that is the goal! And unless something goes terribly wrong from here on out there should be no reason it won't be there.

bakgwailo
Car: '93 Nissan 240sx SE hatch, '93 Nissan 240sx SE LE Convertible, 94 Nissan 240sx SE LE Convertible

hahaha, ONE is taking over all the other forums! lol!

but, yup, I plan on going to the seacost drive on the 28th, looking forward to it! I will probably be in the hatch though, as I don't think my GF wants to take her very out until we get it painted nicely/new top/etc.

btw, i have the full vert interior if you need anything, its grey leather. Also a bunch of top part stuff/rear windows/top motor/wires/etc

as for swapping the harness... i wasn't really thinking (i have swapped coup/hatch/etc harness, really easy), but the convertible harness is a bit different that all the other, like it has the power door look thing behind the back seat, the rear window switches/motors/top motor/etc, might be a bit more difficult that I thought.

BUT it should be doable with a soldering gun, heat shrink, FSM, patience, and a lot of paper and a pencil

jspec603

Aw, tell her to bring the vert too! Let it come out and play and get some fresh air! It will be motivation to get it finished. I still don't even know if mine will be road worthy yet! I'm trying to get as much done as possible.

jspec603

Ok peoples! Small update today. I had my exhaust mani, dump pipe, down pipe extension and master cylinder head shield ceramic coated. Installed all of those things along with the Tial wastegate, AEM UEGO and Greddy EGT. Did a bunch of heat wrap to avoid any unwanted melting. Going to be ordering some injectors by the end of the week. Going with RCs, 750cc. I also received my order for my fuel, oil feed, and coolant by-pass AN fittings and -6 AN line. I forgot how quickly those little bits add up! lol And as always, some pics!

x240xdrifter
Car: 1991 Nissan 240sx

loving it man! she is really coming together, and I hope to see it down on the 28th the engine bay is soooo clean sooo jealous, I want more updates soon!

Return to “240SX Convertible Forum”