Project Jspec603: 56k non compliant

The Internet's ONLY forum for 240sx convertible information and the official home of the 240sx Convertible Club of America!
jspec603
Car: 92 verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrt

Lol, sorry but the cars put away for the winter. As I get new parts in, I'll post'em up.

daz1320
Car: '93 vert

jspec603 wrote:Did I miss something??? LOL

I missed being the first vert on here with this kit by about a month or two, but as far as I know I'll still be the first vert with the S13 front! A few other things are in the planning stages as well. New exhaust, either buy or build one. New turbo setup, the old setup is now sold!!! You guys sure are gonna love my new plans.
Sorry man my vert 2 years ago

nice build tho.

jspec603

That comment was in reference to a sil-front vert with the supermade kit. I would never in my right mind claim to be the first vert with a sil front...

BallzDeep1.9L
Car: '02 WRX Wagon: SOLD
'93 240SX Coupe: SOLD
'11 Ram: SOLD
'11 F-150: rotted into oblivion
'17 Frontier: Basic AF

someone else other then me is actually using the Greddy Ti catback.. and all this time i thought i was alone

TIMELSS_vert

we need updates Jspec!!!

jspec603

BallzDeep1.9L wrote:someone else other then me is actually using the Greddy Ti catback.. and all this time i thought i was alone
Well, you'll be all alone again soon enough. The Ti-C is comin off. The stupid thing has ZERO ground clearance.
TIMELSS_vert wrote:we need updates Jspec!!!
Soon my friend...Gots to makes some monies to make those updates happen.

DeXteR
Car: 14 Titan Pro4X
05 Xterra OR
92 300ZX Slicktop
94 Sentra RS Rally Car

jspec603 wrote:...Gots to makes some monies to make those updates happen.

I'm right there with you on that one... Don't get discouraged.

Azrial
Car: 93 240sx vert, 1990 pignose hatchback roller

jspec603 wrote:

Not very hard at all. I used a sawzall and cut the clip into a smaller section. Basically just the fire wall... Then I went to Robbins Auto parts and grabbed a spot weld cutter...basically a mini hole saw that has a spring loaded center point in the middle. Cut out all the spot welds and took it all apart. I'll be doing the same once I get the car ready. Once it's all out, just line in up perfectly and start tack welding! I cant wait! BTW, Props to Jarco...That's who I got the clip from...really nice guys over there. As I stated before, it's gonna be a slow build...thanks to mother nature I am back to waiting for warm weather again. Only in New England can it be 75* and then 10" of snow in the same week....

You haven't ever been to Ohio then I'm interested to see how this progresses gl

jspec603

So I finally have some news to share! Today, I removed the current turbo setup from the Vert. I'm sellin it to a friend tomorrow and will be starting progress on a different custom setup. Now, I'm not going to promise tons of pics right away. This is going to take some time, everything is being built from scratch. I'm still collecting parts (and money) but wanted to let everyone know that there is promise of pics in the semi near future! Also, I think it's safe to say that you all will like what we're going to be doing.

Also, this "kit" is going to be a proto-type of sorts. We (Fujii-SPL) are going to consider producing this kit and selling it if all turns out well. However, that is the last thing we are worried about at this point.

the converted
Car: 99 M3 6.0l
88 Celica All-Trac (somewhere in Cali)
2020 Taco

I'm looking forward to seeing this "kit"

240daveTX
Car: 1994 240 vert

got that supermade instant gentleman on yet?

jspec603

Lol sorry, not yet! The weather is FINALLY starting to get nice here. Should be having some updates in the next month or so!!! Hopefully it will include the kit fully installed along with the new turbo setup!!!

x240xdrifter
Car: 1991 Nissan 240sx

this car is one of the cleanest, coolest cars in New England, Kudos to you tom

Clark W. Griswald
Car: '93 240SX Vert/ '87 Toyota Cressida

I'm gonna keep my eye on this thread for sure, I'm gonna be late to my Dr.'s appointment today if I don't log off now! This car is going to be amazing when it's done. Let us know when those wheels come up for sale, Im very interested in them.

BallzDeep1.9L
Car: '02 WRX Wagon: SOLD
'93 240SX Coupe: SOLD
'11 Ram: SOLD
'11 F-150: rotted into oblivion
'17 Frontier: Basic AF

jspec603 wrote:Well, you'll be all alone again soon enough. The Ti-C is comin off. The stupid thing has ZERO ground clearance.
my buddies HKS hi-power is worse, mine is a lot better because i had to make my own cat-delete section becuase my manifold flange was farked up, used it to raise it up some, mines high enough to where i had to trim half the rubber out ot the inside of the hangers and use hose clamps around to hold it up, and the hangers on the muffler in the back are are flared out at like a 45 degree angle, the muffler tip clears my tow hook by about 2 millimeters

SgtVazquez1014
Car: 90 240sx "SR20DET" S13.5

TOM,

Look forward to the project in its continuationzzz, but thats why its a project never ending. I loved the last vert edition and the Fujii Edition is gonna rock everyones mind. Hope all is well in Manch. Topeka ks is not so bad.

I also have updates on my car, its going into paint this week have lots of pics to post. One of the Marines here is a Auto Painter in his off time and is going to paint my car zero charge ( I still will take care of him) I just buy the paint and all is well. Sweet.

either way my ride sucks your's is 1 bad mutha shut yo mouth....

Take care and please pics.

SgtVazquez1014
Car: 90 240sx "SR20DET" S13.5

x240xdrifter wrote:this car is one of the cleanest, coolest cars in New England, Kudos to you tom
I agree.

When is your 240 getting the engine dropped???

240coupe92
Car: 92 NISSAN 240 COUPE

LIKE THE REBUILD,NEEDING TO UPGRADE MY COUPE ALSO, DO YOU BY CHANCE HAVE THAT OLD MOTOR, HIT ME BACK ON THAT AND ANY OTHER INFO YOU COULD THROW AT ME ABOUT ALL THE EXTRA CRAP I GOT IN MY ENGINE BAY THAT I DONT NEED ..

northstar ninja
Car: 74 260Z, 92 240sx hatch.

@Jspec603- You and this project are awesome- And with my seething jealousy, hate you for it. (j/k)

Looks like a supersweet build.

jspec603

Sooooo.... It's been a while. Between moving to a new house and just money in general, I just haven't had time to work on the car or do any updates. Buuuuut, it's over due so here we go!

First off, the vert's goin 5 lug! Here's the new fronts installed. Pics of the rear will be along shortly.

Here's a side view of the new wheels. Fronts are 18x10 +15. May/May not tub the front fenders. Absolutely ZERO rubbing issues anywhere (with out tires that is). This pic is also without the suspension being compressed or adjusted, as well as no adjustment on the camber plates. I have adjusted the camber plates to the maximum negative camber aloud by the plates and the top of the wheel sits flush with the fender.

Pulled the rear sub frame. Have a freshly painted sub frame ready to go in along with a few other goodies. Upgrading to a VLSD, rear 5 lug, boxing in all the OE arms and repainting, also have a full Energy Suspension bushing kit being installed. Once I get a few extra dollars I'll upgrade to a SPL suspension arms.

While the rear sub frame is out, I wire brushed all the surface rust. Then I used a rust stopper made by SEM products. Finally, I undercoated the entire area above the sub frame, rear wheel wells and over the exhaust canister (we all know they rust right there). No pics of the final undercoated area as of yet.

I also installed one of those nifty little throttle rotors you see all over the place. Is supposed to help throttle response. If nothing more, at least it matches the rest of the stuff under the hood!

And here is where all the really good stuff will fill in! Still working on the setup, but it should be pretty intense once its done!

Also, if anyone needs a front mount kit let me know! I have the Blitz LM off my vert being sold so I can swap over to a liquid to air setup.

MOAR PICS SOON! Keep an eye out, we've got the car in the shop and a bunch more parts to go in! Also, I'll be swapping every exterior light to LED (minus the headlights which are already HID).

Coeur de lion
Car: 90 hatch with s14 KA-T (project)-'94 Pink Vert - '90 SOHC hatch.

Yesss!!!

Is this on ONE too?

jspec603

LOL actually it's not.... Hmmmm, maybe I should condense and post it up!

jspec603

So I've got a minor update. Did some more one the vert this weekend. Finished blasting and painting all the rear suspension arms. Also finished installing all of the rear Energy Suspension bushings and did a loose assembly of the rear arms and knuckles. Just gotta pick up a pair of new ball joints and the rear can be completed. We also re-installed the subframe with some aluminum bushings, should take alot of play out of it. Soon the dif will be put back in along with the axles etc. You can also see how the undercoating came out in one of the pics.

Sorry for the crappy cell pics, I completely forgot to bring the camera with me. Still wanted to document this portion of the build tho!

Much more to come soon! More parts are on their way as we speak.

jspec603

So I had another package of parts arrive today. This is most of the parts needed to switch over to a liquid to air setup. We're going to fab up our own water lines, and I already have a 12v water pump at the shop. This will allow for a much shorter path of travel from the turbos to the TB. It also has much less of a pressure drop by using these setups as well, along with better cooling! All in all it should benefit the car greatly! On to the pics!

The heat exchanger, aka radiator. It measures 27x7x2, and has a fair amount of mass to it. Should do the job of cooling just fine.

A pair of 7" fans to mount to the heat exchanger. A bit of extra cooling never hurts!

The intercooler its self. Core dimensions are 4.5x4.5x9". Coolant enters in on each end tank of the core. Has mounting provisions on the air inlet and outlet end tanks.

And the least fun of it all, some 3" piping. This will be cut, chopped, spliced etc to make for the proper fitment!

Soon I'll be posting install pics of the setup. Along with manifold parts and production.

Some one buy my Blitz intercooler kit!

the vert
Car: 93 240sx vert

More updates... this thing is looking sick bro.

jspec603

Soooooooo I got my manifold in the mail today! I'm soooooo excited!

the converted
2020 Taco

NICE!

jspec603

I guess I'll do a very quick update, has been a long while. Sorry I haven't been more active on Nico, busy busy busy. Here's the front wheel bolted on for a quickie test. If I remember correctly, these have about 4/5 inches of lip, both front and rear. Both are 10.5j +15/18.

(this is before camber adjustments and suspension compression)

Also did a test fit on the car of the rear wheel. Sorry for the cell pics.

breadbox
Car: Red 89 240sx,Black 89 Koop, White 84 720 4x4KC

Wow, I'm not sure I am familiar with that wheel, but I like it.

Keep it up, mang.

the converted
2020 Taco

Looking good! I think I'm gonna be up at the shop tomorrow if your around.

Return to “240SX Convertible Forum”