Problem with accelerating

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

casperfun wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:37 pm
Had this same problem with a tiny bug wing on a cadallac srx, but I also had the infamous code showing up.

I doubt a typical butterfly wing would fit though. :laugh:
It's usually just a piece of one. Damselfly wings are bad too, sometimes they're skinny enough to sneak past a bad airbox seal in one piece. Your Caddy probably had a MAP sensor so the ECM could compare notes and figure out the MAF was lying. NA Nissans don't have one, so a lying MAF causes either a P0101 or nothing at all.

Roguerayd
Car: 2013 Nissan Rogue

Many thanks again @VStar650CL! I couldn't get any mass air flow sensor cleaner, all the auto parts stores around are out and told me they haven't been able to get it in stock for about a month and don't know when they'll be able to get it but a quick Google search for an alternative sent me heading for Walgreens to get some 99% isopropyl alcohol and a small travel spray bottle and it did the trick. I sprayed it in there with as much force as I could pump out of that little sprayer. I shook it out and let it dry for a few and then did it again. While I was waiting for it to fully dry before re-installing it, I had dropped one of the little bolts that hold it into the air box down into the abyss below but it didn't make it to the ground so I took the battery, battery tray and air box out both so that I could locate the little bugger and because I wanted to re-route the power wire that I installed for the subwoofer amp a couple of weeks ago and put a new lug on it because the first ones I got mistakenly were for 6 gauge wire and my amp kit wire is 8. So I found the bolt and got everything wrapped back up nice and when I turned the key... Wow! what a difference right away. It started better and just sounded stronger all around and when I closed the hood and put it in drive... It feels like I installed a supercharger! Well not quite but there is definitely a noticeable increase in performance. I did also install a new air filter and cleaned all the inside of the air box and the rest of the intake tubes and such. On a side note, what's the other part that is down in the driver's side bumper cover to inner wheel well space that has another tube that connects to the bottom of the intake tube that goes from the upper radiator support to the air box and is there anything about it that needs maintenance? Mine seems to be just kinda flopping around in there.There's one bolt or screw attached but it moves around quite a bit. Less so when the tube that connects it is in place but it seems like it should be secured to the body a bit better. The car fax report didn't list any accidents and besides a few minor pieces of road debris and a couple of snow piles I haven't hit anything with it, at least nothing that should have been able to knock that loose and the car fax report I paid for was a full report. I know people can still hide minor stuff so I guess it could have been a case of such but just wondering if you have any input on what the part actually does. Anyway, thanks again and more so this time because this was actually am issue and not me just wanting more luxury lol

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

If you mean the resonator box down in the fenderwell, then no, it isn't a maintenance item. The whole airbox is mounted on rubber grommets, so if it seems a little loose I wouldn't worry about it. Glad you're up and running again!

Return to “Rogue Forum”