Pre wired foglights

All things Altima Coupe.
Heels1010

i contacted the dealer to ask if they had them new, They gave me a part number leading to a sub harness for the fog lights for like $140.. i was like wow nothanks.

Do you have 2 extra pins for the power wire? I tried the junk yards here and had no luck. Only really 2 junk yards by me. I don't want to order the fogs and stalk without the pins. I would of course pay you and send some extra for the trouble.

boystar22
Car: 2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 2.5S

I used the the rest of the ones I had when I did my mirrors (I needed 8 for those). When I went to my local junk yard I just cut off a few male harness connectors and bought those, and pried the plastic apart to get the pins out. The pins still had a little wire on them and I soldered that to the wire I ran to the lights. I wish we could get a part number for them.

Heels1010

what do the pins look like? I have an extra relay harness in my room. They have the metal pins that look ike teeth on the end of the power and ground. they are used to plug into the h11 adapter. I could just break off the adapter if i have to

Heels1010

did some research on the harness. Turns out there is one harness for the altima coupe, It may be used for the headlights or the fog lights. I am going to stop by the dealership and talk to the parts department. I wanna see if I order this harness if it will just plug and play into the fuse box to the fog lights. Harness is $136 but I plan on using HID's for fogs so I really want it done right. Part number is 24023-CL32002

Looking at the parts schematic it seems like the way to go. Wouldn't the headlight harness and fog light harness be the same since they both run H11 bulbs??????

hungs
Car: 10' 2.5s Altima Coupe Red

Even though this thread is over a year old. I'm curious of how this turned out? Assuming since this thread as been pretty inactive for over a year; everything went as planned.

I'm new to the forums finally found this post for installing fogs that is close to OEM look. Will this also work for the 10' AC w/ convenience? Any recommendations on where and which fogs to buy?

Red 3.5SR Coupe
Car: 2010 nissan altima coupe 3.5 SR equipped with Nismo CatBack Exhaust only so far

hey hungs... earlier i had a 2010 2.5s altima coupe but not anymore cuz i upgraded to the 3.5SR ... and i wanted to install fog lights on it... and i got the one's they sell on www.carid.com... and they are exactly like the oem fogs.... i took the car to the nissan dealer ship to get them installed... they said that they couldnt install them as there isnt a place for them

hungs

damn that sucks, guess i'll have to keep looking

nogears909
Car: 2008 Niagra Grey Coupe 2.5S CVT

if they were axactly like the oem fogs how exactly was there no place to install them?

hungs

anyone have the fusebox diagram layout of where fogs are for 10' AC that is like the one shown above?

Diesel187
Car: '08 Altima Coupe 2.5S

The fuse box for the '10 should be the same as the '08-'09 coupes. If you are pre-wired, you will already have wires in pins 86 and 87 - as shown in the diagram above.

If you are not pre-wired, you can always connect wires there as I did. Just get an OEM combo switch and it will work fine.

fog-light-wiring-and-install-on-2-5s-t5 ... l#p5735442

hungs

cool thanks for this

lavon_andy
Car: 2010 Nissan Altima Coupe

nissan dealership for fogs (courtesyparts.com) get the kit (for 10 says only sedan) that comes with the stalk

theres also additional parts that plug into your bumper

talk to your parts guys

most 10's are prewired from what ive seen

install took me 10 mins

hungs

yea i checked today and i'm prewired; definitely will save me a lot of time. when you say additional parts that plug into the bumper, do you mean like a replacement plastic cover around the fogs that goes in place of that original cover which hides the fog light mount?

hungs

nevermind i found your OP on steps to installing the fog lights great write up and it looks nice.
Last edited by hungs on Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

hungs

http://www.courtesyparts.com/nissan-fog ... cPath=6224&

is that the right kit? it specifically says "Fits the sedan SE and S trim level only, not for other trim levels or the Coupe."

lavon_andy

hungs wrote:http://www.courtesyparts.com/nissan-fog ... cPath=6224&

is that the right kit? it specifically says "Fits the sedan SE and S trim level only, not for other trim levels or the Coupe."
looks like it

i ordered mine through actual dealership since it was only like 20 bucks more though

you'll have to remove those shrouds they come mounted in (if you found my short write up then you already know this)

hungs

lol bastards at the dealership said they're not allowed to sell me parts from their "special catalog book." I did however find some nice spyder projector fog lights from autoanything.com. Shot them an email about the plastic cover that goes on the bumper, and they said it does come with the set. Going to send them another email cause i forgot to ask which bulb type they use; going to be switching them over to HIDs :biggrin: and also if their wires will fit into the harness already on the car. Their kit comes with a nice looking switch but I want the OEM look for it.

**Edit** oh wait I think I won't be needing their harness if I can probably just connect it straight into my own harness...? is that right?

Heres a picture of the fogs from the spyder's site
http://spyderauto.com/product.php?id=FL ... hts--Clear

lavon_andy

special catalog book? wtf

tell them to suck a d!ck and go to a dif dealership

there's' like 5 Nissan dealerships within 30 miles of me lol

those fogs are cool if you're into halos

Rraider91
Car: 2009 Nissan Altima

I have a 2009 Altima S. It is pre-wired for fogs. Bought a kit for fogs. Hooked up the front fogs easily. The kit comes with a toggle like button switch to turn on the fog lights. I have yet to find where to tie in the red, black and yellow wire behind the dash to connect. Do I tie into a certain set of wires under the dash? Since it is pre-wired, are there a set of wires that I am supposed to tie into?
Lost……

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

The factory prewires are designed to work with a factory combination switch, which you install along with the lights. Here's an example:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/313359648798

The kit you got has to be an aftermarket accessory. The only way to make that work with the factory prewiring is to patch your new switch into the combination switch wiring as shown here:
https://www.nicoclub.com/archives/addin ... tches.html

Return to “Altima Coupe (2008-2013)”