Power windows and locks

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
scottq45
Car: 1994 Infiniti Q45

My main power window switch on my 94 Q45 in the center console is not working. All of the windows will work if you hit them individually. So I'm thinking it must be the center console. Can anyone tell me how it comes out and has anyone ever swapped one out. I see several on ebay and I keep my eye on the junk yard. I would apprecaite instructions. Same problems with the power locks will not all lock at once. Any suggestions would be appreaciated. Thanks :yesnod

OwnerCS

Here you go... This is for the entire radio but you'll see the center switch removal in the picture

http://www.carstereohelp.com/stereoremo ... stereo.htm

Infinitiguy19
Car: 1993 Infiniti Q45 188580 Miles
1994 Infiniti Q45a 240000 Miles

At first I thought the Body Control Module (BCM) is at fault but then again I am not too familar with BCM's. I would say do the diagnotic in the service manual if you don't have a Nissan Consult. At least for all the complexity of the system you have a way to find the issue, should it arise.

scottq45

Thanks for you help. I do have a service manual. I think I can handle the window switch but the locks might be beyond my level.

Thanks

goody90q45
Car: 1992 Q45 (sold)

scottq45 wrote:My main power window switch on my 94 Q45 in the center console is not working. All of the windows will work if you hit them individually. So I'm thinking it must be the center console.......
It's odd to be unable to operate all the windows from the center console since it consists of 2 independent switch sets. Normally a single window, or both on the left or both on the right will quit if a switch has gone bad. I have to ask...is the window lock button in the center console upper left in the UP position? It sounds like it or you wouldn't be able to raise/lower each window from it's door switch?
scottq45 wrote:.....Same problems with the power locks will not all lock at once. Any suggestions would be appreciated......
The door locks are controlled from the driver's door and and it sounds like one of the door lock actuators may be on the fritz. Is it the same door every time?

What all these issues have in common is the LCU mounted inside the driver front door. There's an LCU in every door on the 94+ and they're a component of the BCM. BCM failure is rare and it's most likely the DF LCU which all the switches window and door lock feed through.

Infinitiguy19
Car: 1993 Infiniti Q45 188580 Miles
1994 Infiniti Q45a 240000 Miles

I am not sure on the 1994-1996 Q45's but on the 1990-1993 Q45's if the windows are locked from the center console they will not operate from the center console switches or individually. Only the drivers window will work.

Edit: See page 250 in the 1996 Infiniti Q45 service manual. This is for the power windows.

scottq45

Thanks for the advice I went to the junk yard and pulled the switch on the drivers window and the LCU in the door and swapped both out and
still had the same problem. Could not get all of the power locks to lock from the drivers door. Each switch worked on everything but the power lock all
of the doors at once. Tomorrow I will try the power window console swap out and see if that work.

hell-rell
Car: 94 Infiniti Q45 Base.
98 Ford Mustang GT.

did you ever find out what it was? I'm having the same problem with my 94 Q45.

Zer0_KooL
Car: 1995 Infiniti Q45 (G50)

i had the same exact problem on my 95 Q i just wen to the scrap yard and pulled the little black box (sorry i don't know what its called) off of another Q door swapped it out with mine and problem solved.

Eguy

1994 Q45, Similar problems. 1st, RF window did not operate from console, 2nd, power door lock did not operate RF, 3rd, RF window did not operate from console or door switch, but did work from door switch with key turned off, 4th, parking lights did not flash when locking doors with remote. 5th, window was very slow and I had to help it go up, black box clicking. Solution; removed RF door panel and replaced black box, everything works fine now. Have seen black box called LCU, window relay, and window amplifier, all terms refer to the black box that is located behind the door panel toward the rear of the door. Remove part and match part # exactly. Got mine on ebay, $35.

Zer0_KooL
Car: 1995 Infiniti Q45 (G50)

Dude i just went to a junkyard and stuffed the black box in my pocket :naughty:
Eguy wrote:1994 Q45, Similar problems. 1st, RF window did not operate from console, 2nd, power door lock did not operate RF, 3rd, RF window did not operate from console or door switch, but did work from door switch with key turned off, 4th, parking lights did not flash when locking doors with remote. 5th, window was very slow and I had to help it go up, black box clicking. Solution; removed RF door panel and replaced black box, everything works fine now. Have seen black box called LCU, window relay, and window amplifier, all terms refer to the black box that is located behind the door panel toward the rear of the door. Remove part and match part # exactly. Got mine on ebay, $35.

jtreign9097

Dont mean to bump the ole thread but i am having an issue very similar to this.. i have a 94 Q45 and my power locks only work on the driver door.. and i can only open each window at each door but not at the console.... when the car is off.. all windows except driver door have power the windows work as if there constantly wired hot or bypassed to work that way......the console is dead and switches are clean and connections are tight... could this be the LCU in the drivers door? what does this look like i cant find pictures of one.... the previous owner said he did something to make windows work but disable the locks? did he just say that because he didnt wanna tell me a simple LCU is bad?... the keyless entry doesn't work either i installed a new battery in remote also... nothing happens... but i only care about my windows and locks working the way they should... can i repair an LCU or is its sealed unit?

njborn95
Car: 1988 300ZX Z31 Turbo, 1994 Q45T

Hate to bump an old thread as well, but I'm experiencing something similar in my 1994 Q45. Only the driver window works. None of the other windows work from the center console switches or the actual doors themselves. Additionally only central locking works on the LH front and rear doors, and even then when it works on that side it only works intermittently. Same for the RH front seat adjustment that doesn't work either as well as the driver seat memory and telescoping memory on the column? Could these all be related to a bad BCM or could there be more?

Mrrr407

Zer0_KooL wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:09 pm
i had the same exact problem on my 95 Q i just wen to the scrap yard and pulled the little black box (sorry i don't know what its called) off of another Q door swapped it out with mine and problem solved.

You have a part number or picture?

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”