Power Liftgate

A forum for the Nissan Quest... minivan lovers unite!
dleach4512
Car: 2012 Nissan Quest LE

Hi All!
I've recently picked up a 2012 Quest LE, and i'm having an issue with the Power Liftgate; sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't!

When activating the power liftgate function, whether from the remote, the button in the dash, or the button in the door, it'll sometimes work, and most of the time it'll short beep twice, long beep once, and, if I don't immediately pull up on it, it'll re-latch. If I miss the cue, I get to climb inside and release the latch manually like some kind of barbarian... :P

SO anyway, i'd like to get some ideas, pointers, and directions to start troubleshooting... i've got a long and varied background in fixing electrical/mechanical/automotive/industrial stuff, but picking brains of those who have dealt with this seems like an easy way to start. :)

So, thoughts? Ideas? Suggestions?

far raf
Car: 2005 Nissan Quest SE (standard? simple? edition - i.e. nothing special)

This is very common. Nissan sucks at electrical. People had power doors opening and closing at random when doing 65 on a HW. This is why used Quest is so cheap.

DaneH5
Car: 2007 quest

Did you figure this out? Lift supports good ?

amc49
Car: '11 Nissan Versa
'17 Nissan Altima

Lube the latch assembly well. It may just not be popping all the way loose due to drag. If there is a helper spring of some type to bump the gate open a fractional amount when unlatched then check it out, may be broken or missing.

The latch has to displace a bit to deactivate the limit switch, it not switched off by movement is letting it relatch as that is what it is supposed to do when triggered (at a normal closing). The latch triggers to relatch when the limit gets triggered by something striking it (or never moving out of place enough to continue to strike it) to activate it.

Return to “Quest Forum”