Possible Idle Control Problem (stalling)

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
logmanQ45
Car: 1999 Infiniti Q45

Hey guys was just about to spend some money on wheels and coils and ect. when yesterday I was driving around town and my rpms started dipping all the way down to 200 rpms and then completely stalling. The car behaves absolutely fine when above 1000 rpms and starts up fine, I don't have any codes until of course I stall and then all my lights go on. I saw a post about similar conditions about an idle control valve however I was hesitant about messing with it because A) in those posts people mentioned it was temperature related and mine is not and B) They mentioned messing with it caused their engine to idle at 2K rpm which obviously I don't want. Any advice or things I can try before I bring it in for a diagnostic, poor mech E college kid here lol.

3Q Jay
Car: 94 Q45a
95 Q45a (sold)
97 Q45t (sold)
01 B15 Sentra (Daughter's)
Also Mine...
2010 A6 Avant
1977 F-150 (460!)

more likely its the MAF.
But let's not guess (even though an educated guess). Get your IACV duty cycle (warm idle park, warm idle drive, warm idle AC compressor spinning), and also let's see your MAF voltage over RPMs.

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”