Play DVD's on Nav Screen ('09 - '11)

Forum for the unique Murano, and official home of Nissan Murano Club!
rrraider
Car: 2010 Murano LE

BillAft said

"Re: Play DVD's on Nav Screen ('09 - '11)

by BillArf » Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:08 pm

rrraider......... I'm laughing.... I encourage you and no one else to buy that Beatsonic kit and then report back here about the train wreck you had with that kit. It will be some train wreck I might add...... 8-)"

Well I did order and recieve the Beatsonic kit for $110, quick shipping by the way; I installed yesterday and the kit works flawlessly, pretty cool. Somehow I missed the train wreck, actually I didn't even hear it, not sure what Bill was refering to. Installation is true plug and play for the 2010 Murano, a very simple install that should take anyone only about 30 minutes to do. Just remove the unit, unplug one connector and plug the Beatsonic harness in. The only other thing to do is hook up the gound wire and that is very simple as there is already a grounding lug behind the unit; loosen the 6mm bolt slip on the ground wire clip and retighten the bolt. Reinstall the unit and cover and you are done and ready to enjoy full function of the Navigation while in motion, or if you choose your passenger can watch a DVD or any other video choice, digital pictures, video cams, etc.
Great price and works as advertised, enjoy.
Randy

Timmbo
Car: 2013 Infiniti JX35 AWD & 2013 Nissan Maxima Sport Pkg

That is awesome to hear! Thanks for posting the feedback, sounds like a great kit and that price is not bad at all. This certainly gives Murano owners yet another option to consider when upgrading the entertainment system!!!!! Thanks a bunch Randy! :)

BillArf
Car: 2011 Murano LE AWD

rrraider.......... Glad you got your kit up and running.

To those wanting a superior bypass kit with all the bells and whistles you need to consider the Car Kit Company remote based solution.... 8-)

Indeed, there is the Beat-Sonic kit alternative.... It has been around for awhile. It is an iffy lets say, Japanese offering with a checkered past so I and others never really mentioned it here or considered same. Many have reported issues with the Beat-Sonic kits (offered for many vehicle makes) and yet others say it did an ok job for them after they managed to get it installed. Install instructions are severely lacking / are basically in Japanese. Tech support for it is pretty much non-existent unless you consider decent tech support slow to be provided replies from a fellow in Japan via emails you can't understand. Anyway,the Beat -Sonic kit is a simple, low budget, single switch kit. Switch ends up dangling out from under the console. IF you want to save $74 you could go for/ try the Beat-Sonic kit. Personally, knowing both kits I myself would not even consider the Beat-Sonic kit. With it, you get what you pay for... essentially, a simple "single" (low tech) switch dangling by a wire from the dash.. To each his own though but not my cup of tea..

For me I would prefer a two switch, remote control (fob) based kit. The remote for the bypass will pair and will work with my HomeLink rear view mirror buttons if I desire that .(Beat-Sonic is nor remote based ) I would desire quality components that I know will work and not be problematic at time of install of down the road. I would prefer a US offering with solid backing and top notch tech support.. Would prefer instructions. Want a kit not easily detected by a Nissan dealerships tech.. So, again, the Beat-Sonic kit will work but to me pales in comparison to the Car Kit Company kit that offers what I seek. So, again you get exactly what you pay for.

rrraider
Car: 2010 Murano LE

BillArf wrote:rrraider.......... Glad you got your kit up and running.

To those wanting a superior bypass kit with all the bells and whistles you need to consider the Car Kit Company remote based solution.... 8-)

Indeed, there is the Beat-Sonic kit alternative.... It has been around for awhile. It is an iffy lets say, Japanese offering with a checkered past so I and others never really mentioned it here or considered same. Many have reported issues with the Beat-Sonic kits (offered for many vehicle makes) and yet others say it did an ok job for them after they managed to get it installed. Install instructions are severely lacking / are basically in Japanese. Tech support for it is pretty much non-existent unless you consider decent tech support slow to be provided replies from a fellow in Japan via emails you can't understand. Anyway,the Beat -Sonic kit is a simple, low budget, single switch kit. Switch ends up dangling out from under the console. IF you want to save $74 you could go for/ try the Beat-Sonic kit. Personally, knowing both kits I myself would not even consider the Beat-Sonic kit. With it, you get what you pay for... essentially, a simple "single" (low tech) switch dangling by a wire from the dash.. To each his own though but not my cup of tea..

For me I would prefer a two switch, remote control (fob) based kit. The remote for the bypass will pair and will work with my HomeLink rear view mirror buttons if I desire that .(Beat-Sonic is nor remote based ) I would desire quality components that I know will work and not be problematic at time of install of down the road. I would prefer a US offering with solid backing and top notch tech support.. Would prefer instructions. Want a kit not easily detected by a Nissan dealerships tech.. So, again, the Beat-Sonic kit will work but to me pales in comparison to the Car Kit Company kit that offers what I seek. So, again you get exactly what you pay for.
With all of the disclaimers offered heretofore I definately smell a rat. I have never seen anyone so dis a good product so adamantly without having some monetary gains at stake. BTW Bill, what is the dangling wire reference, my kit did not come with one; was I shorted a part? Good luck in your future sales.
Randy

aalabisi
Car: 2009 Nissan Murano

MtnWest wrote:Thanks jstick. I was afraid of that. Time to figure out what it is going to take to hijack video/audio directly from the Invision control box.
One switch to pick A or B for in-dash display an one to enable full Nav/video on the go.

I wonder if invision would sell me a SCBX-4010-A to play with?

Hi MtnWest,

I was wonering how you made out with your research in getting the invision headrests to play in the front Nav. Can you please let me know if you were able to mod the output to the front screen.

Thanks

frohboybid

Can someone please confirm the wire colors for a 2011 murano? I can't seem to find the AV section for the factory service manual for a 2011.

I'm assuming violetfor VSS and greenfor parking brake, but which plugs?

I do not want to buy an overpriced kit. I would rather do it myself as it seems super easy. I just can't find the wires I need for sure.

Timmbo

It is the plug closest to the top of the AV unit with the correct number of pins.

AussieMurano
Car: 2010 Nissan Murano - Z51 Series II

Timmbo wrote:Here are KJSmitty's photos:

Remember, these are pictures of a NON-NAV model, the wiring harnesses are different on the Nav model!
Hi there,

I'm new to this forum and would really like to do this mod on my 2011 Murano but I can't see these pictures. Can someone please post them again?

Also I can't seem to download the Service Manuals for this car. Does anyone have a fresh link they can post for these please?

Thanks.

Timmbo

Hey there, welcome to the Murano forum!

I think we are out of luck on the photos, but fortunately the Murano is the easiest vehicle I have ever performed this mod on. Try downloading the service manual for 2009 or 2010.....as they are the same. I did this recently on a buddy's Murano (no Nav) and it worked perfectly. Let me know if you need any help!

AussieMurano
Car: 2010 Nissan Murano - Z51 Series II

Timmbo wrote:Hey there, welcome to the Murano forum!

I think we are out of luck on the photos, but fortunately the Murano is the easiest vehicle I have ever performed this mod on. Try downloading the service manual for 2009 or 2010.....as they are the same. I did this recently on a buddy's Murano (no Nav) and it worked perfectly. Let me know if you need any help!
Thanks for the reply Timmbo. Can you post a fresh link to where I can download a copy of the service manual please.

Cheers.

Timmbo

Did you check the FSM pages here on NICOclub?

Return to “Murano Forum”