Play DVD's on Nav Screen ('09 - '11)

Forum for the unique Murano, and official home of Nissan Murano Club!
Timmbo
Car: 2013 Infiniti JX35 AWD & 2013 Nissan Maxima Sport Pkg

Nice pictures!

BillArf
Car: 2011 Murano LE AWD

Anyone that has an 2011 Murano with NAV that wants to acquire the kit let me know and I will give you info on how to contact the guy (it is not me) who is making the kit up. I'm not sure how long the kit will be available so if you want it act fast. A terrific kit it is! It is worth well more then the $149 in regard to what it does for you and your 2011 Murano with NAV

Labeled pic of harness itself

Pic of remote receiver and remote fob

Timmbo

It does look nice and simple! Any idea if this will work on any other Nissan or Infiniti models?

BillArf

Timmbo wrote:It does look nice and simple! Any idea if this will work on any other Nissan or Infiniti models?
Well, I know the fellow that has provided me with the kit has a similar offering for the 2010-2011 GTR with NAV and the 2010/2011 370Z with NAV and of course for the 2011 Murano with NAV. Only available because on the 2011 Murano with Nav has the latest AV/Nav system from Nissan that uses a different plug on the AV unit which makes this kit install possible.
Last edited by BillArf on Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

BillArf

Was just thinking I should mention that this bypass kit is also offered for the 2010-2011 GTR with Nav and the 2010/2011 370Z with Nav.

As for why this kit will not work for the the 2010 Murano and older Murano's but only for the 2011 Murano with Nav is because the 2011 Murano with Nav has the latest AV/Nav system from Nissan. This newer system uses a different plug on the AV unit which makes this kit install possible. I was fortunate enough to get the fellow to make a kit for my 2011 Murano with Nav which he is now making available to other 2011 Murano with Nav owner's.

I started a new topic about this kit specifically as it is only for the 2011 Murano with Nav. A terrific kit that I think would be of interest to many 2011 Murano with Nav owner's. Here is the new topic: murano2011-nav-phone-dvd-cam-bypass-kit-t537021.html

frankmar
Car: Murano 2017 SL
Sentra 2015 Sv

Hi I have the 2011 Sl Canadian version AWD no Nav but colored screen.

What do I need to do to make such a mod. Please be very specific. I got my Murano yesterday. LOL

tia

BillArf

frankmar wrote:Hi I have the 2011 Sl Canadian version AWD no Nav but colored screen.

What do I need to do to make such a mod. Please be very specific. I got my Murano yesterday. LOL

tia
First off, I am not familiar with the Canadian version. I have the 2011 Murano Factory Service Manual for the 2011 Murano but I am not 100% sure if the Canadian and the Murano in the US are the same wiring wise, etc.. You would want to verify this.
Last edited by BillArf on Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

frankmar
Car: Murano 2017 SL
Sentra 2015 Sv

What I want to view is

-Be able to view the rear view through the camera while driving.

-I played a copied DVD on the CD and got and disc error.
I'll try an original copy. If this does not work, I assume that the CD player its only a cd player.

-If the above is a Cd player, than connect a DVD player to the middle console(3wires) while driving.

tia

BillArf

frankmar wrote:What I want to view is

-Be able to view the rear view through the camera while driving.

-I played a copied DVD on the CD and got and disc error.
I'll try an original copy. If this does not work, I assume that the CD player its only a cd player.

-If the above is a Cd player, than connect a DVD player to the middle console(3wires) while driving.

tia
My guess is you probably have the basic Digital Bose Audio System with AM/FM/CD

This mod you asked about will not get you the ability to view the rear view through the camera while driving. If you had a 2011 Murano with Nav I could point you to a kit that would give you this ability.. If you have any features you would like to use that you find crippled while the vehicle is moving then the mod that you asked for info about will stop the crippling.

BillArf

The fellow that is doing the ByPass kit for the 2011 Murano with Nav may just have found a source for the connector that would allow him to make a ByPass kit for the 2009 and 2010 Murano with Nav. Are there any 2009, 2010 owner's interested in the ByPass kit? It would probably sell for $149.00. Post interest here as it will encourage the fellow to move ahead with a ByPass kit for the 2009 - 2010 Murano with Nav.

jerrygno

I have a Murano 2010 with the Bose CD system without Navigation. I was on a trip recently and hooked up an ipod and could not get video, just audio while driving. After searching, I found this thread. I would be interested in this kit rather than cliping wires. So let me know.
Would this also activate the rear camera? That would be a nice plus.

BillArf

jerrygno wrote:I have a Murano 2010 with the Bose CD system without Navigation. I was on a trip recently and hooked up an ipod and could not get video, just audio while driving. After searching, I found this thread. I would be interested in this kit rather than cliping wires. So let me know.
Would this also activate the rear camera? That would be a nice plus.
This plug and play kit is for the US2011 Murano with Nav. You can uncripple things on your 2010 without Nav so you can get video but it will mean you have to clip two wires.

danderson1155
Car: 2010 Nissan Murano SL

What is the purpose of the red, white, and yellow RCA connectors on the back of the console if there is no NAV in the vehicle? Can video still be played on the display without NAV?

danderson1155
Car: 2010 Nissan Murano SL

I am also a newbie to the forum and also to the Murano. I am not scared at all of clipping wires but all of the pics in the threads are not showing up.

rrraider
Car: 2010 Murano LE

Just found a plug and play, no wire cutting, from BeatSonic for $110. This kit states for the 2009 to 2011 Murano among others which contradicts what Bill has said on this link. Anyone tried this kit, and if so does it work correctly?
Randy

BillArf

rrraider......... I'm laughing.... I encourage you and no one else to buy that Beatsonic kit and then report back here about the train wreck you had with that kit. It will be some train wreck I might add...... 8-)

I have heard (only heard so I am not recommending) that there is a Nav bypass kit that possibly may work for the 2010 Murano. It does not give you rear camera on while driving like the kit I speak about for the 2011 Murano. Does uncripple the Nav unit supposedly. Anyway, if you can afford $294.99+ plus shipping give "Prestigious Society Inc." in Calif. a call and talk to them about there Nav bypass kit. To me at that price, even if it worked I would not buy it...

Prestigious Society Inc.
PO Box 3210
La Habra, CA 90632-3210
Phone: 562-644-3268

rrraider

LOL; man, guess that really struck a nerve! No reason to be so defensive; I simply asked if anyone had tried the product and was also curious about the fit 2009-2011 which you have stated were different----I certainly don't know. Back up camera works fine as is. I know you need to sell your product, but jeeze, chill a little.
Randy

BillArf

The bypass kit for the 2011 Murano with Nav (Only for the US 2011 Murano with Nav) that I speak of is not my product offering! I have absolutely no financial interest in the product, etc.. I'm just someone that has installed the bypass. Perhaps if your post (your first post on the forum at that) just simply asked for suggestions on a bypass for the 2010 Murano then maybes your would have gotten a different reply. Regardless, you did receive an answer and direction in regard to a bypass for the 2010. Suggest you research thoroughly at a forum before questioning anyone's creditability or motivation for talking factually in a forum about a very good offering.

Timmbo

Welcome to NICOclub "rrraider"! The staff is thrilled to have you here in the Murano Forum!

BillArf has had great luck with the plug and play bypass and he is happy with it. Personally, I am fine cutting a couple wires and installing a DPDT switch as I have done with my own Armada and G37x. I also did this same mod on a friend's Murano, and my previous '08 Armada. It works awesome, have had no issues at all, and it was less than $10 for the parts. The plug & play certainly simplifies things and makes it an easier modification. So we clearly have several ways of achieving the same feat, but please, let me know if you have any questions, I am happy to help. :)

BillArf

Timmbo wrote:Welcome to NICOclub "rrraider"! The staff is thrilled to have you here in the Murano Forum!

BillArf has had great luck with the plug and play bypass and he is happy with it. Personally, I am fine cutting a couple wires and installing a DPDT switch as I have done with my own Armada and G37x. I also did this same mod on a friend's Murano, and my previous '08 Armada. It works awesome, have had no issues at all, and it was less than $10 for the parts. The plug & play certainly simplifies things and makes it an easier modification. So we clearly have several ways of achieving the same feat, but please, let me know if you have any questions, I am happy to help. :)
Yes, very easy to cut and add a switch as you mention. Only thing is many/most would rather not cut wires on a new vehicle / bastardize the vehicle . Again, cut and add a switch is a valid way to go and does uncripple things BUT does not give you back-up camera on while driving forward as the bypass kit I have does. Of course you can cut and switch to get back-up camera on while driving forward also... 8-)

BillArf

Today 9/9/11, I received word from the fellow that is doing the ByPass kit for the 2011 Murano with Nav. He finally has the correct connector that would allow him to make the ByPass kit for the US 2009 and the 2010 Murano with Nav. The kit for the US Murano 2009 and 2010 will become available in the next few weeks. I will post here when the kit for the 2010 is in fact available. Good news for all you US 2009 and 2010 Murano with Nav owners! I should mention all the kits are going up in price as the cost of connectors has been increased by suppliers.

BillArf

Heard more via email from the guy doing the kits. The Murano Bypass Kit for the 2009/2010 US Murano with Nav will go on sale in approx. 2 weeks from 10/23/11. Price for 2009/2010 bypass kit will be more then the 2011 kit as the needed connectors are very expensive. The price for the 2009/2010 kit will be $184.99 plus shipping ($10.95 US Priority Mail, $45 International Express Mail). I still consider this a very decent price for this terrific kit offering. Please note that unlike the kit for the 2011 Murano the 2009/10 kit will not allow for rear camera on while driving forward.

Anyway, I will post here when the 2009/2010 kit is available.

---I should mention once again, I have no financial interest in this kit. I am posting about it here solely because I installed the kit on my US 2011 Murano LE with Nav a few months ago and I am very pleased with it. I believe others should know such a kit is available. Since my install of the kit others on this forum have purchased and installed the kit and they too are very pleased with the kit. Anyway, Nissan crippled many features on the US Murano with Nav and this kit over-rides things so the crippled features are fully functional. This kit has made my Murano with Nav more usable / enjoyable for me to use..

With the kit for the 2009/10, you will have full, unrestricted use of the Nav system, full unrestricted use of my blue-tooth enabled cellphone. Another plus is my front seat passenger can now watch DVD's while I am driving.. The kit is totally non-invasive which is important to me. No cutting of factory wires was necessary. No splicing, soldering required. Totally plug and play.

As mentioned, this kit is for the 2009 US Murano with Nav. Very little dis-assembly of the Murano is necessary when installing the Car Kit Company ByPass Kit (Remote Based). I'd say pretty much anyone that can read and follow very simple instructions (instructions are are provided with the kit) and turn a Phillips head screwdriver can do the install. (also download and read my install review below) In about 8 mins and 10 or so screws removed later you easily access the AV unit. Once access is gained, connect the kit (plug and play...easy) and then just reassemble (easy) and the install is complete. By the way, you don't even need to disconnect the Murano's battery prior to install.

So simple to install/use.... no technical skills, etc. needed. The fellow (no, not me) really has made a terrific, well thought out kit. For what he is charging $ wise, the kit is a steal in my opinion. As you can see I'm really happy with the kit and what is does. When at a Nissan dealership's Service Dept. they would not have a clue the kit was installed. Unless you click the kit's remote the vehicle behaves as any vehicle without the kit would behave. Guess another point is when you sell the vehicle you can very easily remove the kit if you desire and resell it.

For those interested in a kit for their 2009/10 US Murano with Nav, email me at [email protected] and I will reply to your email with info on how to contact the fellow that made the kit for me.

I made up a little picture review with some instruction on the install of the Car Kit Company ByPass Kit (Remote based) I installed on my 2011 Murano with Nav. The install on the 2009 and 2010 would be basically the same. If you would like a looksee/a copy, feel free to click on this link and download the zip file containing the Microsoft Word document. http://auffarth.com/BillFolder/Muran..._over-ride.zip
Last edited by BillArf on Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:45 am, edited 4 times in total.

aalabisi
Car: 2009 Nissan Murano

Hello Timmbo,

Im wondering if someone can email me the instructions and pics to do this mod on a 2009 with Nav. I am having trouble finding the wiring location in the service manual and all the previous pics from KJ are not showing up anymore. Any help is appreciated. Please email to [email protected]. Thanks guys!

Timmbo

By far the best help is the FSM, it even shows where the clips and screws are for removing the AV unit. Wiring labels are found in the AV section of the manual.

rrraider

Timmbo,
I went ahead and ordered the Beatsonic kit and it should be in today. That kit allows all functions for the Nav and video while driving, but I'm thinking that as long as I have things apart I might want to also add a switch to turn on the rear view camera in case I should ever want to use that feature while driving. I assume it would just be just a switch to ground but am not sure. I've spent a good bit of time in tha AV section of the FSM and really haven't been able to get any kind of grasp on what wire or wires are involved or what really needs to happen to make this work. Are they in the same harness that allows the other full functions? Or, I assume that the wires could be accessed at the shift lever itself but can't find any good info on that either. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Randy

rrraider

Just finished a long search in the AV section of the 2010 FSM and it looks like the camera activation can be done in the same harness that has the p. brake and speed wires which is connector M145 and pins 36 and 38. This connector shows pin 37 as being reverse which I assume if you just tie into it (not cut it) and install a switch to ground will activate the camera at any time. This being done with the Beatsonic harness does the job without the factory wiring being disturbed.
Can anyone verify that this thinking is correct and will work as intended?
Thanks
Randy

Timmbo

You may be entering uncharted territory my friend, keep us posted on how everything turns out!

rrraider

Since there seems to be no one currently using this forum who knows about the camera circuit I have passed the question on to the supplier in Japan. Should have an answer in the next day or so; or if not or they say it won't work I will just add a switch at the shifter itself. I'd rather have all the mod at the one harness without taking the center console partially apart, but if need be, it's really no biggie. Will let you know.
Randy

znslansing
Car: 2008 Nissan Armada

Hello all! We are new to the nissan family and just bought a 2008 Armada. It came with an aftermarket planet audio dvd player connected to the aux port. what is the factory dvd player and how hard is it to get one. furthermore how can I make the front screen work? I am not sure of it had nav from the factory but I do know it is not a boes system. anything you can tell me would be helpfull. also where is the factory dvd player located? under the seat or in the center console?

Thanks

ZnS

Timmbo

znslansing wrote:Hello all! We are new to the nissan family and just bought a 2008 Armada. It came with an aftermarket planet audio dvd player connected to the aux port. what is the factory dvd player and how hard is it to get one. furthermore how can I make the front screen work? I am not sure of it had nav from the factory but I do know it is not a boes system. anything you can tell me would be helpfull. also where is the factory dvd player located? under the seat or in the center console?

Thanks

ZnS

First off, greetings from the staff here at NICOclub! You should be posting in the Armada Forum!!!! No prob though, I moderate both this forum and the Armada / QX56 Forum. Factory DVD player is located in the front center console.

In terms of getting the front screen to play when there is NOT a factory DVD, that is a good question. You would have to use the Factory Service Manual to determine which wires feed the video signal and purchase a unit such as the one offered by a company called TV and Nav 2 Go. I know there is a way, but you have to be a rather skilled and resourceful do-it-yourselfer, so if that is you, go nuts!

Return to “Murano Forum”