Platforms.

NICO's V.I.P. styling forum.
mrmark

yokota180sx wrote:ughreally though, i cant get over how good it looks on those wheels

complete 180

.....was that actually a compliment....

jltibbs
Car: 2015 Nissan Versa SL
1994 Infiniti Q45
2000 Infiniti I30

Don't get used to it, but I did post it as a quote in my sig.

mrmark

jltibbs wrote:Don't get used to it, but I did post it as a quote in my sig.
.....no worries, I know that .....

yokota180sx
Car: 1997 Stagea RS4, r34 front

would it matter? lol
mrmark wrote:

.....was that actually a compliment....

mrmark

yokota180sx wrote:would it matter? lol
To be quite honest, in my daily life, nothing you say has any impact on me what so ever. You do have some entertainment value though during my busy work day.....

I just get a kick out of arrogant, condescending, and negative people on forums….but that’s not actually directed to anyone here.

jltibbs
1994 Infiniti Q45
2000 Infiniti I30

You guys are great. For now, I am keeping the Fuga on the list. We will see what happens.

PantherRacer
Car: 1992 Nissan Skyline R32 RB20DET Sedan

How about we get some pictures next to the car names on the list? I think it would clear up the confusion even more as to what a REAL VIP chassis starts out as. If you size them right we could get a stock photo right next to a good example of the car outfitted in "proper" VIP attire.

Because I can just SEE the newbs scratching their heads at the chassis codes.

yokota180sx

google.com

clic images

yakuza13

I come from owning several Lexus VIP platforms (UCF33 and JZS147). I was wondering what made you go with the Nissan/Infiniti platform versus the Lexus/Toyota. By all means, this is not meant to start any flaming wars against the 2 camps. I just wanted to get an idea... Was it because they are not a "dime in a dozen"? Perhaps the Y33 has more of a "gangster" look with the low roof line? Reliability? Anyway, I have sold my cars and looking at trying out a Y33. Here was my former car...

yokota180sx

for me brand preference

nissan engines have a larger aftermarket potential.
yakuza13 wrote:I come from owning several Lexus VIP platforms (UCF33 and JZS147). I was wondering what made you go with the Nissan/Infiniti platform versus the Lexus/Toyota. By all means, this is not meant to start any flaming wars against the 2 camps. I just wanted to get an idea... Was it because they are not a "dime in a dozen"? Perhaps the Y33 has more of a "gangster" look with the low roof line? Reliability? Anyway, I have sold my cars and looking at trying out a Y33. Here was my former car...

jltibbs
1994 Infiniti Q45
2000 Infiniti I30

I owned a Maxima for three years. When I walked away with only a flash burn from the air bag deployment after a 45MPH front end collision, I felt they were doing something right. Plus, what could be more gangster than having a 'G'50. JK. The Q I own pretty much just landed in my lap. Thanks Keith!

mrmark

yokota180sx wrote:google.com

clic images
As usual, great insight and helpful information.....

PantherRacer

yokota180sx wrote:google.com

clic images
You have no desire to facilitate anything for newbs do you?BTW, it is spelt clicK

jltibbs
1994 Infiniti Q45
2000 Infiniti I30

PantherRacer wrote:You have no desire to facilitate anything for newbs do you?BTW, it is spelt click

The spell check is wonderful on Mozilla. If you wish to correct, you should be sure to come correct!

yokota180sx

PantherRacer wrote:You have no desire to facilitate anything for newbs do you?BTW, it is spelt clicK
if i cared to type it correctly i would.

spelling has nothing to do with it.

and no i dont. Newbs can do the same **** i do STILL....search

jltibbs
1994 Infiniti Q45
2000 Infiniti I30

PantherRacer

jltibbs wrote:

The spell check is wonderful on Mozilla. If you wish to correct, you should be sure to come correct!
Actually, once AGAIN, I will note that my upbringing is that of British english and not American english.I AM CORRECT Main Entry: 2spelt Listen to the pronunciation of 2speltPronunciation: \ˈspelt\

chiefly British past and past participle of spell

Geez. Cannot have ANY fun around here anymore.

jltibbs
1994 Infiniti Q45
2000 Infiniti I30

I do apologize, now speak Engrish!

PantherRacer

No, YOU speak proper English loland technically, since no-one is speaking, who gives a ****? (except to poke a little fun that is)

But on topic though. Grant, about the Fuga. Am I understanding that you're saying that NO new big bodied Nissan or Toyota, if it's not the continuation of a previous VIP platform is a true VIP car? Even if it meets all criterion?

If that's how you're looking at it then that's a bit boring. I see no reason to leave perfectly valid cars out of the lineup. If Nissan comes out with a brand new top of the line V8 Sedan, looking like pure sex, I'd sure as hell say it lends itself to be a new VIP platform.

So correct me if I misunderstood, but I'm just voicing my opinion. Not that I'll stop calling the Fuga VIP

jltibbs
1994 Infiniti Q45
2000 Infiniti I30

I personally agree with that. The platforms will not stay the same forever. Does this mean that after a certain year nothing else will be considered a VIP platform? Like I always say, we will see.

yokota180sx

traditional VIP is defined as the chassis i said before

progressiev vip, autolux, whatever the **** you want to call it can be wahtever the **** you want it to .

but traditional VIP will not changeFUga is not traditional VIP.

there are alot of cars i want to be considered VIP chassis, Jags, 300s, a few MB, soem Nissans, the MarkX, a few others....but its not tradition
PantherRacer wrote:No, YOU speak proper English loland technically, since no-one is speaking, who gives a ****? (except to poke a little fun that is)

But on topic though. Grant, about the Fuga. Am I understanding that you're saying that NO new big bodied Nissan or Toyota, if it's not the continuation of a previous VIP platform is a true VIP car? Even if it meets all criterion?

If that's how you're looking at it then that's a bit boring. I see no reason to leave perfectly valid cars out of the lineup. If Nissan comes out with a brand new top of the line V8 Sedan, looking like pure sex, I'd sure as hell say it lends itself to be a new VIP platform.

So correct me if I misunderstood, but I'm just voicing my opinion. Not that I'll stop calling the Fuga VIP

jltibbs
1994 Infiniti Q45
2000 Infiniti I30

So all you're saying is that while its not traditionally VIP, it could still be considered VIP since it does boast all of the qualities of a VIP platform?

PantherRacer

Seems like it's just the difference of splitting hairs between traditional VIP and progressive VIP. To me it's the same thing, because obviously, there won't be anything that changes which cars started the movement. We'll always recognize an OG chassis.

I split my hairs between VIP and VIP style.

jltibbs
1994 Infiniti Q45
2000 Infiniti I30

As long as it is all tasteful, I'm down with it. Whether it's Auto Lux, VIP style, or traditional. It's all good to me.

yokota180sx

vip STYLE yesanything can be vip STYLE

but not VIP.you see waht im saying

its like thisYou can live in japan, speak nihongo, eat the foodbut your not japanese
jltibbs wrote:So all you're saying is that while its not traditionally VIP, it could still be considered VIP since it does boast all of the qualities of a VIP platform?

Encryptshun
Car: 2005 Xterra

yokota180sx wrote:its like thisYou can live in japan, speak nihongo, eat the foodbut your not japanese
That is probably the most educational analogy I've ever read on NiCO. If this doesn't clear up the issue, then nothing will. GJ, Yakota.

jltibbs
1994 Infiniti Q45
2000 Infiniti I30

I'm with you on that Grant. Like I said, I enjoy it all and appreciate it when people understand that they are or are not VIP.

BLACKonBLACK98
Car: Q45, LS400, STS-V

problem is ppl are taking stuff thats happened over a decade and trying to squeeze it all into 1 statement. things have changed and evolved. what was once true is still true but theres some other truths that contradict the first truths. follow me?

so yeah... there's the og platforms. those are 100% true vip, all the way, no questions asked.

then theres other makes/models which have come into play after the conception either by creation (i.e. fuga) or acceptance (i.e. sentias, ka9s, euros). call em vip or call em vip style, doesn't really matter. they are at the shows in japan sitting next to platforms and not looking out of place.

then theres some other genres like k-cars and wagonists that are related but not the same.

then theres those like me who are trying to apply the style to non-platforms (i.e. maxima) that are almost there but just don't quite make the "could this be considered vip" cut. a.k.a "vip style".

then theres cars that don't even come close (i.e. 240s) that could emulate the style but should do it quietly. a.k.a. not vip style in any way.

btw. im just posting this so i can post a wtb for a platform.

mrmark

yokota180sx wrote:traditional VIP is defined as the chassis i said before

there are alot of cars i want to be considered VIP chassis, Jags, 300s, a few MB, soem Nissans, the MarkX, a few others....but its not tradition
Now that's what we need.....another classification of VIP to confuse people even more. But I guess those experts can keep these classifications straight, while us neophytes will continue to be in the dark.....looking for that elusive search button....

yokota180sx

wow, your an idiot

Return to “VIP Forum”