Platforms.

NICO's V.I.P. styling forum.
jspec603
Car: 92 verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrt

yokota180sx wrote:wow, your an idiot
LOL Grant at his best! I LOL so much when I read some of your replies dude.
yokota180sx wrote:its like thisYou can live in japan, speak nihongo, eat the foodbut your not japanese
This is straight and to the point, so very very true.

mrmark

yokota180sx wrote:wow, your an idiot
Coming from you....that means a little less than nothing...

The only idiots are those who "think" they are the be-all-end-all experts in VIP. These idiots tend to be so arrogant and so stuck on themselves that they actually believe they are experts. They tend to be derogative and condescending in order to keep up the appearance and keep people fooled. Instead of useful information, they only fill the air with a bunch of negative crap. I could give an example, but I think you get the picture.

Also, “your” should be “you’re”, as in “you are”.

yokota180sx
Car: 1997 Stagea RS4, r34 front

how did i know you would try and be all cool and correct my grammar

this is nico, hardly anywhere it matters.

you tend to be an idiot.only thing that saves you is you have a cedric. and until you redid the whole look, it looked dumb anyways.

Haitian_King
Car: 1992 Black Infiniti Q45 /w TCS
1995 Black Infiniti Q45

mrmark wrote:
Coming from you....that means a little less than nothing...

The only idiots are those who "think" they are the be-all-end-all experts in VIP. These idiots tend to be so arrogant and so stuck on themselves that they actually believe they are experts. They tend to be derogative and condescending in order to keep up the appearance and keep people fooled. Instead of useful information, they only fill the air with a bunch of negative crap. I could give an example, but I think you get the picture.

Also, “your” should be “you’re”, as in “you are”.
Oh snaps. Sick burn.
yokota180sx wrote:how did i know you would try and be all cool and correct my grammar

you tend to be an idiot.only thing that saves you is you have a cedric. and until you redid the whole look, it looked dumb anyways.
I've seen this car in person, and I dug it way more than some of those crazy cambered cars.

mrmark

yokota180sx wrote:how did i know you would try and be all cool and correct my grammar

Sorry, I for one think grammar matters regardless of what the situation, but that's just me....possibly a by-product of my profession.
yokota180sx wrote:you tend to be an idiot.
Really....and how is that???? Because I'm not in your cliché and agree with everything you say or think you're the VIP king????
yokota180sx wrote:only thing that saves you is you have a cedric. and until you redid the whole look, it looked dumb anyways.
Yeah....all those magazines though it looked dumn too.

Well the only thing that saves you is......well.....uh.....give me a minute......

yokota180sx

magazines dont mean ****

just means you know how to suck up to the right people.ESPECIALLY in teh US.

ive sen it firsthand multiple times that its who you know to get in them

jltibbs
Car: 2015 Nissan Versa SL
1994 Infiniti Q45
2000 Infiniti I30

|_____________________________________|

There, ^^^, I drew the line for the pee-pee contest. Both of you need to keep it mature in here. You are BOTH old enough and mature enough for this to NOT go on. Thanks.

mrmark

jltibbs wrote:|_____________________________________|

There, ^^^, I drew the line for the pee-pee contest. Both of you need to keep it mature in here. You are BOTH old enough and mature enough for this to NOT go on. Thanks.
You're right....I'm out. Tired of playing with children.....

jspec603

Just curious, it seems that this forum has quite a few heated discussions about right and wrong. Heck, I definitely found myself in one the other day. Is it a matter of the forum being new and fresh on Nico and people want to set the bounds? Or just because so many people have a different understanding of what this scene is really all about?

jltibbs
1994 Infiniti Q45
2000 Infiniti I30

I just think everyone wants to put their input in AND be the one to have the correct info. Honestly, it bothers me not either way. I like Traditional VIP, VIP Style, Exec, Auto Lux and whatever else is out there. I enjoy looking at all the things that people have done to their vehicles regardless. Now as long as everyone keeps their cool, I'm happy. Happy posting!

WidebodyZ
Car: X300 LWB Vanden Plas / W203 C240 Luxury Sedan

Did someone call me?

BLACKonBLACK98
Car: Q45, LS400, STS-V

no. you're presence was not requested.

WidebodyZ

BLACKonBLACK98 wrote:no. you're presence was not requested.
Haha, I didn't ask you!

yokota180sx

jltibbs wrote:I I like Traditional VIP, VIP Style, Exec, Auto Lux and whatever else is out there.
and people need to know the difference between them

just cause you pull your ebrake on your accord around a turn doesnt mean your drifting.

jltibbs
1994 Infiniti Q45
2000 Infiniti I30

yokota180sx wrote:
and people need to know the difference between them

just cause you pull your ebrake on your accord around a turn doesnt mean your drifting.

. . . and I thought I was doing it right this whole time.

theTTshark
Car: 1995 300Zx Twin Turbo

Okay after reading four pages of this argument, I've come to a conclusion. Who gives a crap about the OG VIPers. Anyone who listens to some "all knowledgible" VIP expert is a brainless posser. If Keiichi Tsuchiya had said that only the AE86, S13-S14, and the RX7 were the only "true" drift cars would it really make a difference. No. Because no matter what people are going to use cars of a similar style to do the same thing...exactly the same way. If a S14 and a Viper are drifting, they're both drifting. If a VIP 91 Q45 is rolling down the street and a "VIP Style" MB W220 pull up along side each other. They have exactly the same style and are trying to emulate the exact same thing, so does it really matter? Maybe to the so-called "OGers", but unless the Yakuza starts shooting people because they aren't real VIPers I don't think anyone should really listen to them. It's just like when drifting hit state-side. Sure everyone first thought they had to have an import to drift, but once evolution took place, more and more cars outside that spectrum joined the ranks. VIP will evolve the same way. We will see more and more vechiles become commonly accepted platforms, and the world will keep spinning. Even if the OGers are cussin' up a storm.

WidebodyZ

As long as they meet the basic guidelines..why not. I'm living proof. But cars that don't fit the bill...will never fit the bill. Like low powered FWD in drift.

Damicci
Car: 1994 Q45/President

theTTshark wrote:Okay after reading four pages of this argument, I've come to a conclusion. Who gives a crap about the OG VIPers. Anyone who listens to some "all knowledgible" VIP expert is a brainless posser. If Keiichi Tsuchiya had said that only the AE86, S13-S14, and the RX7 were the only "true" drift cars would it really make a difference. No. Because no matter what people are going to use cars of a similar style to do the same thing...exactly the same way. If a S14 and a Viper are drifting, they're both drifting. If a VIP 91 Q45 is rolling down the street and a "VIP Style" MB W220 pull up along side each other. They have exactly the same style and are trying to emulate the exact same thing, so does it really matter? Maybe to the so-called "OGers", but unless the Yakuza starts shooting people because they aren't real VIPers I don't think anyone should really listen to them. It's just like when drifting hit state-side. Sure everyone first thought they had to have an import to drift, but once evolution took place, more and more cars outside that spectrum joined the ranks. VIP will evolve the same way. We will see more and more vechiles become commonly accepted platforms, and the world will keep spinning. Even if the OGers are cussin' up a storm.
You really can't compare a styling concept to a motor sport.Definitely apples and oranges. It's when people do whatever they want and tell others that what they did is the real deal. that's how ignorance spreads.But on the other hand there is a real simple thing called SEARCH that can provide a whole lot of information if you don't want to believe what people are telling you.

BTW front wheel cars can drift. I am not going to listen to what anybody says I am going to drift my Pontiac Grand Am.

BLACKonBLACK98

drift = verbvip = adjective

dammicci's absolutely right. apples and oranges.

PANCAKES1
Car: 1999 Infiniti Q45T

I like oranges over apples! But I prefer apple bottoms over orange bottoms!

Damicci

PANCAKES!!!!!!!!!!! Where ya been?

BLACKonBLACK98

apple bottoms ftmfw!

PANCAKES1

Damicci wrote:PANCAKES!!!!!!!!!!! Where ya been?
Here! & LJC

Damicci

Have you seen the thread on VSC about your recent disappearing act?Best par tis it's not even about you. Never thought this culture would be so controversial.

PANCAKES1

Damicci wrote:Have you seen the thread on VSC about your recent disappearing act?Best part is it's not even about you. Never thought this culture would be so controversial.
I haven't seen it but I've heard all about it!

I didn't think anybody would really care like that! but whatever

How you been?

oh wait off topic......F** it

theTTshark

Damicci wrote:
You really can't compare a styling concept to a motor sport.Definitely apples and oranges. It's when people do whatever they want and tell others that what they did is the real deal. that's how ignorance spreads.But on the other hand there is a real simple thing called SEARCH that can provide a whole lot of information if you don't want to believe what people are telling you.

BTW front wheel cars can drift. I am not going to listen to what anybody says I am going to drift my Pontiac Grand Am.
Okay fair enough, but you get my point. Which is that regardless of whatever you say is OG, VIP is going to evolve like anything else, and people aren't going to care if it isn't a Q45 or any of the other VIP platforms. They will call them VIP cars and life will go on.

Don't get me wrong, I love VIP, from the way the cars look to just the overall message about having a nice clean car. I'm just saying it's not worth trying to argue the point dead, because in the end, let's face it, the VIP culture will become "tainted". It's inevitable. Just do what you do, and don't let what someone else says or do affect it. Just my $.02.

I drift my Buick LaSabre all the time... =fail! hahaha

PANCAKES1

Both have good points but there's a reason why you only see these cars VIPstyled in Japan after all the years VIP has been around. There's tons of cars in Japan that if they wanted they could try and make VIPstyled but they don't. Now I don't know what that reason is and don't really care but wouldn't it be better to do somethin the right way instead of trying to be that one to try and break the mold???? (wait don't answer that, hahaha) The problem is when you get a BMW, AUDI or any other domestics take the best VIP award in a show because they have a fusa, or some curtains and whatnot....

but I agree like all them domestic and FWD cars in drifting, here in the US we will find some way to break the norm.......

I'm jus glad I got it out my system and did i the way I think it should be done b4 all that happend

Damicci

I think a lot has to do with the American idea that "Things should cater to my tastes" We always want something our way and if anyone says other wise we we'll fight tooth and nail to make them understand. These are the same people that go to another country where the main language is not English and say "Why aren't there more things in English" Well you don't have that control in that country but here you do, so "why don't they make VIP more open to cater to my vehicle? I'll just make my car VIP regardless of the so called rules or tradition" There is no fighting it, people will do what they want especially in this country.

theTTshark

Damicci wrote:I think a lot has to do with the American idea that "Things should cater to my tastes" We always want something our way and if anyone says other wise we we'll fight tooth and nail to make them understand. These are the same people that go to another country where the main language is not English and say "Why aren't there more things in English" Well you don't have that control in that country but here you do, so "why don't they make VIP more open to cater to my vehicle? I'll just make my car VIP regardless of the so called rules or tradition" There is no fighting it, people will do what they want especially in this country.
Exactly my point.

jspec603

You guys do make really good points. After all, America is all about the individual and not the whole. Well, I personally understand more of what/why you guys react so much regarding this topic. I've done some snooping here and there and agree with you all that are trying to keep this topic on the real. Had you asked me about a month ago, I would've said otherwise! Getting into a heated agurement can sometimes open your eyes to the truth, right or wrong.

Return to “VIP Forum”