Pics from my "Tail of the Dragon" trip

A General Discussion forum for cars and other topics, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to NICO!
FutureDRFTer
Car: 1997 Nissan 240sx Se

Charlieo, quit being a trolling f**. Every post you make is cutting someone down or adding in a comment that isn't needed. Public forum or not, drop the thugness.

I don't wear any gear besides a helmet, gloves, and jeans. It's not a crime so get off his jock. I know I'm not as safe as I can be but I always ride with that on my mind. Ride safe regardless of gear.

Dragon looks badass, someday I'll cruise it.

Urabus GodofTraction
Car: 2002 WRX Wagon, 2004 SV650, 1988 Land Cruiser, 1994 XR600R

nelson8708 wrote:true.....tell me do you rock a 5-point harness and fire suit when you drive your car? Or maybe water wings when you eat soup like peter griffin? I'm a little troubled that your worried about my right asscheek :wtf2:

http://s41.photobucket.com/albums/e269/ ... mbands.flv
5 point harnesses make street cars less safe. Please try again.
FutureDRFTer wrote:Charlieo, quit being a trolling f**. Every post you make is cutting someone down or adding in a comment that isn't needed. Public forum or not, drop the thugness.

I don't wear any gear besides a helmet, gloves, and jeans. It's not a crime so get off his jock. I know I'm not as safe as I can be but I always ride with that on my mind. Ride safe regardless of gear.
What blood type are you? Are you an organ donor? If so, do your loved ones know you are an organ donor? These are important things for squids to know.

There be lots of squids in here. I'm expecting Hash to pop in any minute now with a good recipe for calamari.

nelson8708
Car: 1989 Nissan 240sx Fastback
1994 Acura Integra LS

What is it that makes me a squid? Just because i dont wear full gear when i ride? If so there are more of us than there are of you.....i would say 60-70% of the riders on the dragon didn't have full gear on. I guess we're all squids who are going to crash and die......o'well

Urabus GodofTraction

nelson8708 wrote:What is it that makes me a squid? Just because i dont wear full gear when i ride? If so there are more of us than there are of you.....i would say 60-70% of the riders on the dragon didn't have full gear on. I guess we're all squids who are going to crash and die......o'well
Oh my poor insurance premiums!

And I'd say about 60-70% of riders are complete dumbasses, so your numbers check.

Don't forget to make sure you're an organ donor!

FutureDRFTer

AB+... I'll be in your hospitals takin' your bloodz

My organs, I was born with them and I'll be buried with them.

Squid? TOTALLY BRO! I only screw up occasionally like cruise next to cars, leave my signal on, rip through first gear in town, lock my rearbrake, rev at everyone within a 2mile radius, split lanes, drift in the rain, and I'll NEVER ride under 65mph. (speedlimits are for p******, right?)

I love my $40 a month fullcoverage on the bike. lolol What a tool. Do you get fully suited on your h0m0 commuter bike?

tigersharkdude
Car: 1999 Nissan Maxima

Tail of the Dragon=FTW
Putting 7 watermarks on your photos=FTMFL

2the40
Car: Genesis

Those are proofs from their website. These pictures weren't purchased, if they were they wouldn't have obnoxious proof marks everywhere.

snwbrdr435
Car: 85 VW Westfalia, CBR F4i, SV650s, 1988 Honda Hawk(race)

not for the squeemish www.ride2die.com

Quit trying to drag knee on the street and go to a god damn track day

nelson8708
Car: 1989 Nissan 240sx Fastback
1994 Acura Integra LS

snwbrdr435 wrote:not for the squeemish http://www.ride2die.com

Quit trying to drag knee on the street and go to a god damn track day
Only track days around here are 450 for 1 day....Thats two trips to the dragon. I haven't tried to drag knee yet.
2the40 wrote:Those are proofs from their website. These pictures weren't purchased, if they were they wouldn't have obnoxious proof marks everywhere.
25$ for 4 pics on a CD...I need to pic my favorite 4 once they upload all of them.

ADDirishboy
Car: 2008 Nissan Titan Pro4x

FutureDRFTer wrote:Charlieo, quit being a trolling f**. Every post you make is cutting someone down or adding in a comment that isn't needed. Public forum or not, drop the thugness.

Dragon looks badass, someday I'll cruise it.
BWAHAHAHA! Did you honestly just throw jeans in the "gear" category? f*** fail dude. Yea, jeans provide TONS of protection. Especially after they tear off your body after you slide 17ft.

Honestly. Go run with an EMT crew or Medic crew on a bike wreck wear they didn't wear gear. Pictures don't show s***. Please, go pick up a leg that got ripped off of someone's body from sliding and rolling. THEN you can talk to me about how wearing full gear isn't necessary.

Also, while I agree that Charlie can be an a**, he also speaks the truth here. Wear your gear if you're gonna be riding like that.

es.biggs
Car: 1990 300ZX 5sp NA

Looks like a lot of fun man. My favorite picture was that 300zx though :D

I'm taking mine up there ASAP...I live 3 hours away there is no excuse for me not to have been there by now!

FutureDRFTer

ADDirishboy wrote:
BWAHAHAHA! Did you honestly just throw jeans in the "gear" category? f**king fail dude. Yea, jeans provide TONS of protection. Especially after they tear off your body after you slide 17ft.
Not as in gear but something I don't ride without. My bad for my wording being unclear.

tm1218
Car: 240sx

I cant stand people giving other riders s*** for not wearing gear. it is a personal choice. also, half of the people that preach it do not wear it themselves or do not even ride period. sure, gear is 100x better than no gear if you crash, but you dont go out planning to crash. you have to be confident and attentive when riding, you also have to be comfortable. every time i see a bike on the road, the rider is never wearing gear other than a helmet 99% of the time. thats just how it is. if they wreck and need a skin graft, so be it, worry about yourself. and youre not a squid if you dont wear gear, youre just a hard head. people who dont even ride or practice what they preach need to shut the f*** up ragging on other riders, s*** gets old.

ADDirishboy

So does cleaning up your f*** body parts, cockbite.

tm1218

ADDirishboy wrote:So does cleaning up your f**king body parts, cockbite.
why are you so worried about other people? and why do you feel the need to call people names online because you dont like their opinion? wait... thats probably because you wont call names in real life. vent your anger sweetheart. lol

tm1218

half of these guys who give people s*** about wearing gear, are the same guys you see riding without it. dumb asses trying to look like motorcycle veterans is what it is. lol

snwbrdr435

I give people s*** about it all the time but guess what I try and set an example. Race boots/gloves, helmet, crash pads, riding and a suit. I don't care what the weather is like I will always have it on. The lame gear is too expensive excuse is s***, you can get deals on tons of s*** online.

snwbrdr435

You can ride as safe as possible but it doesnt matter I have had 4 friends dump because of other people. s*** happens i would rather be prepared for it then not have it when i need it.

dickie
Car: Killer Turtle

this thread sucks. i saw an accident on the way to work yesterday, they were scraping the dude off the street and had 2 lanes of the freeway and an onramp completely closed off so they could clean up the red stripe that was left of him. i saw a guy i went to school with go down wearing nothing but shorts and flip flops a couple years ago. he was a complete tool so i didn't really care when he cried like a b**** about how bad it hurt to have the asphalt scrubbed out of his tissue.

if solely for the reason that wearing gear makes your a** easier to clean up when you lose it, therefore making my commute faster, i support charlieo and addirishboy's statements. i really don't care about you beyond how it impacts me though, so please continue to wear whatever you want, but post pictures if you f*** up because i love seeing that s*** after people talk like a hardass on the internet.

flohtingPoint
Car: 2004 Z16 Corvette Z06

Are we not missing the most blatant thing? Keep it to the track...

infinitgkid
Car: '06 Infiniti G35 Coupe

flohtingPoint wrote:Are we not missing the most blatant thing? Keep it to the track...
Adding to that: Keep in mind folks that gear or no gear, if the accident is severe enough, the rider will die. What I'm saying here is wear gear does not make you invincible.

Yes, the gear will protect you from scrapes and slides down the asphalt, but if you are riding your bike and hit something (like a car) and ragdoll all over the place, your chances of "being scraped up off the pavement" (a statement that is used quite often in this thread apparently) are relatively the same as if you aren't wearing gear. I've had numerous friends die from motorcycle accidents where some were wearing a t-shirt and shorts, and then some were wearing full on gear.

To wear gear or not to wear gear is a decision up to the rider, and you can get on someones case for not wearing gear, but you also have to keep in mind that those people understand the possible concequences for their decisions. Hopefully.

IMO, flaming the OP and whoever for not wearing gear is uncalled for as I'm sure there are countless people (me being one of them) that has done something that poses possible danger and has not used some form of safety device to reduce that risk of danger. For example, using powertools without saftey glasses, cooking without a fire extinguisher near by, and the list can go on.

You cannot predict the future, and maybe wearing gear will reduce the risk of danger, but gear or no gear... I don't think any of that will save your life from a drunk driver pulling out in front of you and causing you to him, thus hurling your body into a tree at 50+ mph.

*Disclaimer: I do not have much experience on a bike, but this comment was made from observations and true stories that were witnessed and heard from through word of mouth. I don't mean to offend anyone, I'm just trying to make point.*

ADDirishboy

tm1218 wrote:
ADDirishboy wrote:So does cleaning up your f**king body parts, cockbite.
why are you so worried about other people? and why do you feel the need to call people names online because you dont like their opinion? wait... thats probably because you wont call names in real life. vent your anger sweetheart. lol
I'm an EMT. Its my job to care. And I don't much like cleaning you off the side of the road when you slide for 300 ft on your bare a**. Wear gear.

tm1218

the most dangerous part about riding a motorcycle is doing so on public roads. gear or no gear, youre most likely f*** if you get into an accident. even if you have gear on and slide on the road, another driver might run you over or you might slam into a barrier. the only way to truly be safe on a motorcycle is to stay off of public roads and wear a helmet. sure gear is better than no gear, but lets face it, 99% of riders dont wear any gear other than a helmet. I can understand full gear on a day you just want to ride, but when you are commuting on your bike, full gear is not something anyone likes to do. not trying to sound ignorant to safety, but that is just how it is with most riders. I wear my jacket, but no way am I wearing padded race gear on a daily commute.

Urabus GodofTraction

tm1218 wrote:half of these guys who give people s*** about wearing gear, are the same guys you see riding without it. dumb asses trying to look like motorcycle veterans is what it is. lol

The least gear you'll ever see me in is a jacket, gloves, helmet, over-the-ankle boots, and armored kevlar leggings under my work pants, as I commute to work. What was your point again? Or that it's too expensive? Please. If you can't afford the $100 textile jackets and pants that are on closeout on newenough constantly, then you can't afford the bike, it's tires, chain, etc.

The justifications for being a damn squid are getting weaker and weaker. But...but... Johnny doesn't brush his teeth, so I'm not going to either! Following the herd doesn't make you right, it makes you stupid. See credit card debt, car loans, terrible eating habits, etc. 60% of Americans are overweight, so what, that makes it ok to be a fat cow?

BusyBadger
Car: '92 Nissan 240SX
'05 Nissan 350Z
'13 Nissan Juke

nelson8708 wrote:Its not to crowed...There were 3 leo's on the dragon both days we went

You'll pull up on traffic every once in a while but, there usually pull over to let you pass.
I've found neither of these to be true in my experience. I usually see 4 troopers and 2 Counties when I've gone. Were you there on a weekend?
charlieo wrote:The least gear you'll ever see me in is a jacket, gloves, helmet, over-the-ankle boots, and armored kevlar leggings under my work pants, as I commute to work.
Charlieo with my favourite leadership style...Leading by example. :yesnod

tm1218

never mind. I will be nice.
Last edited by tm1218 on Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:24 am, edited 3 times in total.

flohtingPoint

ADDirishboy wrote:
I'm an EMT. Its my job to care. And I don't much like cleaning you off the side of the road when you slide for 300 ft on your bare a**. Wear gear.
EMT??!?! You said you were an ATM at Carlisle!

numbnuts240
Car: 1999 exploder 4-door 5-speed, 1974 fairlady z 250gt, 2011 ford focus, 2010 mazda3

flohtingPoint wrote:EMT??!?! You said you were an ATM at Carlisle!
he is. a** tonguing metrosexual.

flohtingPoint

numbnuts240 wrote:
flohtingPoint wrote:EMT??!?! You said you were an ATM at Carlisle!
he is. a** tonguing metrosexual.
*check's off "Dine with ATM" from my bucket list

Never add to your bucket list while drunk. Next up, pierce my gonads. Oh boy...

Urabus GodofTraction

tm1218 wrote: 2) I do not copy others
3) I never said anything about prices of gear being too expensive
4) You know you are trying too hard to look like a motorcycle veteran when you use the word "squid" constantly
My my aren't you self-centered. Notice I said THE justifications, not YOUR justifications... others have mentioned most people don't wear gear, or that it's too expensive, etc.

I'm no motorcycle vet, but I can call a spade a spade, or a squid a squid. A cager can tell that not wearing gear is a squid move.

Did you have a valid argument hidden in there?

Return to “General Chat”