Picking up M45 tomorrow!!

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
hannibal
Car: Red Line to Glenmont

Wow, you guys rock! While I spend a lot time talking about 4 cylinders in a 240sx, I love to hear your impressions of the Infiniti V8.

Jaybird and bb-m35, congrats on your new rides.

TXSJaybird

BB,

Congrats and welcome!

The BEST thing you did was to not drive the M45. You will love your M35 and be very happy with it and thats that.

I was very surprised my dealer was going to let me swap out also. I think it comes down to the fact that I have a really great salesguy. He told me all his managers said no, but he pushed until they said yes. Turns out, I didnt take him up on his offer, which im sure made his boss very happy. Im writing a glowing letter about him and sending it to the head of Infinti regional.

All in all, I got what I wanted. I guess I had a moment of temporarity insanity. I also just couldnt go to a V6 after driving the V8 for a couple days.

I would have always been thinking, "remember when I had that V8?"

I also am in love with the rumble on start up. Music to my ears...

Oh, and hey Z, i tried uploading, but when I got to the members rides page, there was no upload button to push? What am I missing?Jay
Modified by TXSJaybird at 3:57 PM 8/2/2005

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

TXSJaybird wrote:Im writing a glowing letter about him and sending it to the head of Infinti regional.
A great idea!

Quote »Oh, and hey Z, i tried uploading, but when I got to the members rides page, there was no upload button to push? What am I missing?[/quote]It is a bit small unfortunately.

If you look in the upper right hand corner of the Photopost page, there isa button called "Register" next to a button called "Login". After you login, the register button goes away and a few more show up - one these buttons is labelled "Upload Photos".

Some other members are also having difficulty, so I am not sure what is up with that yet. I have been able to upload pictures, so I am not sure what the problem is for others - I will try to find out.

Z

bb-m35

I'll start a thread with some more pics and my impressions thus far - coming from a BMW 330i Sport to an M35 is a big change. I loved my BMW and really enjoy the M35 but for a lot of different reasons.

The interior layout and particularly the colors are what sold me - I just opened the door and decide it was going to be my next car - of course I didn't tell the sales guy that

TXSJaybird

bb-m35 wrote:I'll start a thread with some more pics and my impressions thus far - coming from a BMW 330i Sport to an M35 is a big change. I loved my BMW and really enjoy the M35 but for a lot of different reasons.

The interior layout and particularly the colors are what sold me - I just opened the door and decide it was going to be my next car - of course I didn't tell the sales guy that
HAHA! Same here! Once I got in that bad boy, it was hard to hold back my big smile and that exhilarating feeling!

my buddy just picked up a 06 330Ci yesterday. We drove around in it. Nice ride for sure, but I still like the layout and performance of the M much better!!

Jesda

Pictures, pictures, pictures!

SIDVICIOUS
Car: GOLF, NEW SON,

shoot.....i was hoping they would take it back...your m45 and then i could buy it as a used m45...just kidding....trust me you will grow to love your m45 like i have mine. after two years everytime i see it in my garage, parked in a lot, or just sitting there I fall even more in love with it. I was down my mother-in-laws house in brick N.J. and i was driving by this 8 year old kid and he yells "NICE CAR MISTER" !!!!

After two years very, very few problems......

bb-m35

how come I can't attached picture? I go to

http://nissaninfiniticlub.net/...t=500

and set up an account - but I never get the email to register. what's up??

szh

bb-m35 wrote:how come I can't attached picture? I go to

http://nissaninfiniticlub.net/...t=500

and set up an account - but I never get the email to register. what's up??
There is some problem apparently ... Admin folks are looking at it.

Z

bb-m35

oh - what does "JWT POP Charger" mean?

szh

bb-m35 wrote:oh - what does "JWT POP Charger" mean?
It is an oil-based, "reusable", air filter from Jim Wolf Technology (where the "JWT" comes from) among other brands that are on the market (such as K&N.)

http://www.horsepowerfreaks.co...stems

However, most perfectionists here (including our resident expert Dennis, aka Q45tech) will tell you that the tiny theoretical gain (even if achieved) is not worth the pain. In almost all cases, the car intake system needs to be modified - sometimes extensively - to use this air filter.

The replaceable OEM air filters, if replaced on a regular basis, will do as well and with good results. In some cases, oil-based air filters may actually be harmful to the engine because they do not filter as well as stock air filters or guck up the MAF, etc. The drivability of the car may be affected, etc.

My advice is: stick with stock OEM filter in Infiniti cars!

Z

bb-m35

and why is it list under my username?? I don't have that and never typed it in??

szh

bb-m35 wrote:and why is it list under my username?? I don't have that and never typed it in??
Oh, I get the reference now ... this is a little NICO humor set up when the site began using this new forum software some years back!

Rather than allowing the users to select that info line in that location (which sometimes leads to unacceptable results, as you can imagine ... I have seen some sites that were pretty bad!), the NICO owner and administrators implemented a line that changes each time you cross a threshold with the number of posts you have made. If you look at others posting, you will see some of the other dynamic ones - the list is typically not posted, to keep it a surprise, although I think if you do a search, you might find an old reference somewhere!

There are a few exceptions that have more specific identification: the Super Moderators (there are two as I recall), the Moderators, Administrators, the CEO/owner of NICO, some specific forum experts, and NICO contributors (those who have made cash contributions - purely voluntary - to keep the site going) ... there may be a few other specials that I have not noted here.

Z

Rex
Car: None

It's no secret

Mr. K --------------- Mr. K total_posts >= 5000 T51R --------------- T51R total_posts >= 2500 Looks Stock -------- Looks Stock total_posts >= 1000 Bolt-on Turbo ------- Bolt-on Turbo total_posts >= 400 CEB ---------------- CEB total_posts >= 100 Bolt-ons ----------- Bolt-ons total_posts >= 50 ISP ---------------- ISP total_posts >= 15 JWT POP Charger --- JWT POP Charger total_posts >= 5NICO Newbie -------- NICO Newbie total_posts < 5

szh

Ah! Good to know ... I did not know we had begun posting the list! Thanks!

Z

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”