Pathfinder / QX4 General Information and FAQ

A forum for the legendary Nissan Pathfinder and Infiniti QX4.
atraudes
Car: 2001.5 Infiniti QX4 4WD

Go to the main page for the Pathfinder/QX4 forum:

pathfinder-forum-qx4-forum.html

and click the New Topic button near the top left.

Assuming you've done your due diligence and used the search box first, of course ;)

Barkmau

Thank you very much for taking the time to putting all this info together..So helpful. I'm the proud owner of a low-mile 2001.5 qx4 and would like to address some of the issues like driver seat not sliding back/forward or soft suspension. Since I live in FL just like the OP, maybe he or someone else can refer me to a good shop to work with. I live in south FL.

atraudes

For finding a mechanic, I'd recommend checking out Car Talk's Mechanics Files. Please post all new questions as new topics, though, as noted above.

Ravicee
Car: Nissan 98 pathfinder 2003 infinity g35 coupe

How do you access the crankshaft position sensor on a 1998 pathfinder SE

Ammar738
Car: Nissan Pathfinder 2004

Hello dear
I have pathfinder 2004 automatic
Type - MPV
ENGINE - VQ35 (DE)
The question is
How many liter oil change for automatic transmission fluid (capacity)?
Thank you for help

04pathse
Car: 2004 Nissan Pathfinder SE
2008.5 Mazda Mazdaspeed 3

Ammar738 wrote:Hello dear
I have pathfinder 2004 automatic
Type - MPV
ENGINE - VQ35 (DE)
The question is
How many liter oil change for automatic transmission fluid (capacity)?
Thank you for help
http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/Pathfinder/ ... der/at.pdf

Page 353,

A/T fluid capacity:
8.5 liters / 9 Quarts

AlanAZ
Car: 2003 QX4 rwd

atraudes wrote:I bought a ⅜" Magnefine filter but found the connectors to be too large for the hose. I got the hose slipped over the end after much stretching with some spreaders, but only barely. I ordered a 5/16" filter instead and it installed nice and snug. I'd recommend that you pull the hose off the radiator and test fit before you go cutting hose in case you end up getting the wrong size too.
Ran into this as well, but before I saw this post, and had to make the 3/8" work, but barely.

It would be super helpful if this info was changed in the main body of the thread.

MilEngineer
Car: 02 qx4

I have an 02 qx4 4X4. I am wondering if anyone knows what cable or tube comes out from the front of the engine cover, curves towards the driver's side, then goes through the firewall between 2 nuts that are welded onto the firewall?

Thank you.

atraudes

For new questions, please start a new thread. In answer to your question, it sounds like the throttle cable. There should be another cable similar to it running out in the same place that runs to a small cylinder on the passenger side. If you pull the cover off, you'll see the cables running to the side of the throttle body.

Wild Ferenc
Car: Infiniti Qx4 1997

Dear Everybody!
I bought a car Qx4. I really like but my question is why is the light times on 3 cross a small bottle of peak yet no one could answer. Please, someone tell me nicely!
Welcome, Feri

akers912
Car: 1999 Infiniti QX4

i drive a 1999 qx4 with 163,000 miles and i plan on doing an oil change soon. what grade oil should i use and should i use synthetic or regular oil?

GTWarrior

Towncivilian,
I took a look at your auxiliary transmission cooler pictures. When you say "Stock Cooler", do you mean the simple A/T tube cooler at the bottom of the radiator, or the "auxiliary stock small radiator A/T cooler" in front of the Radiator? I couldn't see the "Stock Auxiliary small radiator Cooler" in your pictures, did you remove it and replace it with the stacked one you chose?

I am hoping to install a Magnefine filter, but where is the best place to install it? My cooling path is from A/T to bottom of Radiator (tube cooler), to "Auxiliary Stock small radiator Cooler", return to A/T. I am assuming I should install it AFTER the "Stock Auxiliary small radiator Cooler", so that it is the last thing inline before return to A/T.

Does that sound right to you?

Thanks so much for your help!!

Wild Ferenc
Car: Infiniti Qx4 1997

Hi,
In the last year I bought my car in 1997 Qx4. We do not really have these cars. No one to talk to is not my problem. I ask you to give me advice! While driving, be switched 2H, 4H automatic imposes on? I'm afraid to get hurt.
Thanks for any help.

Return to “Nissan Pathfinder Forum / Infiniti QX4 Forum”