Passenger window and drivers door lock button not working

All things Altima Coupe.
abraden

I replaced master switch, tested points and they all have juice going to them. The lock button doesn't lock doors (button on passenger side control does) and the passenger window doesn't work no matter what controls you use. 2008 coupe.

I'm at a loss, please help!
Last edited by Rogue One on Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: TYPO

WMAlt290
Car: 2008 Altima Coupe S 2.5 MT

I just went through this with the passenger door on my 2008 Coupe. I also had juice going to everything. I removed and disassembled the switch, cleaned it with contact cleaner and re-installed it. Seemed to work fine for a few days and then it started binding again. I replaced the window motor and window regulator, but it was still only working intermittently, so I finally replaced the switch with a new one (which I really should have tried first) and now it works fine.

I'd pull the door panel to make sure the door lock cable is routed correctly and hasn't become detached somehow. Just don't make the mistake I did when removing it. The arm rest comes off the door panel on a standard Altima, but not on a Coupe where it's permanently attached to the panel. I forced the arm rest off, broke it and had to re-attach it with Gorilla Glue.

abraden

08 Altima Coupe
replaced both switches on door handles
window motors tested good
lock switch will work on passenger side,
and driver window works
Is their a power window relay??
Last edited by Rogue One on Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

:welcome:

I know you're anxious to get this resolved as soon as possible, however we do request that you do not create a new thread for the same topic.

Anyway, sorry to hear that your car is having trouble. I'm not all too well versed in your vehicle, but can offer an option for you.

Here at NICO, we have Factory Service Manuals available free to members. Here's the direct link for the FSM for your car: 2008 Nissan Altima
Take a look at the link for your car and you'll have all the info you'll ever need to make repairs and try to diagnose things for yourself while help is on the way.

Return to “Altima Coupe (2008-2013)”