Parts and cost of ls1 swap(high end and low end cost)

V8 240sx? Sure! If either the chassis OR the engine is non-Nissan (i.e. SR20 in an RX-7 or LS1 in a 240sx), we've done it.
240SXREX
Car: 1992 RED 240SX HATCHBACK(SOLD),2002 NISSAN EXTERRA(SOLD) Update 5/25/10 1989 240sx Black on black.2006 Nissan Xterra

ok so I have six months to get the LS1 swap into the S13 chassis. I have looked and researched every site possible and I think I have come up with all the common parts to do the build. On this build I will start out on the high cost and hopefully save money with a low cost with help of some NICO peps. This build is just to get an LS1 into the S13 and running. other upgrades are after the recoupe unless i can get the cost down. Here's the list of parts with cost. I hope your sitting down.
1) clutch master cylinder(Sikky $249)
2)trans am f body LS1 w/T56 manual trans 76000 miles on 6.0 motor everything included(ebay 5000 w/shipping) this cuts out having to rebuild to soon
3)hinson radiator 240sx LS1 swap(hinson $622.45) includes hoses,fans and caps
4)power steering line(Sikky $129)
5)fuel line,fuel pump(Hinson $250) for lsx conversion and comes with short version long version(from tank to engine add $75)
6)exhaust local muffler shop estimated at $550 for a quiet deep tone sound. Two resonators,high cats and two mufflers with smooth bend four inch piping.
7)headers(sikky $650)
8)s13 mount kit includes aluminium driveshaft ,motor mounts,oil pan so no cutting cross member,remote mount oil filter relocator kit and trans/engine mounts plus wire harness kit (sikky$2250)
9)sikky front sway bar (279.95)
10)dakota speedmeter converter(dakota website $90.00)
ok all of these parts come with all you need that are supposedly correct fitment and comes with easy instruction. The wiring harness will be converted by sending off sohc or dohc harness along with your camaro ls1 harness. This high end is on a good weekend friday,saturday and sunday with all parts on hand build with three people. You get what you pay for. the next one I will have in a day or two it will consist of short cut easy to follow websites to cut cost. This will include for starters a high mileage 165000 ls1 camaro motor with T56 trans but will have a complete rebuild. Hopefully that will cut out 1500 to 2000 bucks. Please reply back if you know of the lowest cost of any these 10 key parts. This build will be broke down with step by step while still in use as a daily driver. Some mods for the swap can be done as you still drive with the dohc or sohc and etc. Which will be upgrading fuel connectors and lines, clutch with backing way of the clutch rod on the master cylinder. If i have missed something please let me know. All the extra modification will be done by me like for instance beating the trans tunnel in. With these parts most of the special fabricating is already done, it just comes with a hefty price tag. The low end build will be some low buck diy. Hopefully we can eliminate the stress and truly see how low the cost can be without sacrificing quality. Also if you can offer a better deal by your services and don't mind that being added to the low cost more power to you or if you have a list of online/local estimates(state what city)post a reply. This build will be done in Lexington,KY. This build will be for show and touring. I Love this car so much I put it in my family tree on ancestry.com. j/k lol. Thanks 240SXREX

p.s.The grand total is 10070.40 just in case add extra 400 for misc.

240SXREX
Car: 1992 RED 240SX HATCHBACK(SOLD),2002 NISSAN EXTERRA(SOLD) Update 5/25/10 1989 240sx Black on black.2006 Nissan Xterra

oh yeah this is an 1989 s13 sohc fastback chassis with abs drive shaft and vlsd differential out of an abs s13 chassis. Thanks 240SXREX

240SXREX

just got moved to Lexington,KY and when settled will give low end with detailed low end cost and web sites of diy also add up the hours and give a ball park estimate of low end cost but make it to were it's not burning the pocket book all at once. Keep in mind it will be a tax time build. Thanks 240sxRex

Wiring Specialties
Vendor

Adding a wiring harness to the price list for anyone researching this swap.

Plug and Play LS1 to 240sx Wiring Harness: $599

Return to “Hybrids”