Part Identification ~ What is this...

A forum for the Nissan Quest... minivan lovers unite!
crosis
Car: 1998 Nissan Quest GLE

Vehicle: 1998 Nissan Quest GXE

I'm trying to identify the hose in the following photos so that i may place an order for the exact part. Note the green arrow. It is the same part but from different angles / zoom. I suspect there is a crack in the hose but before i can do anything with it i need to identify what the entire line is and the hose name. The line is coming from behind the intake manifold and ends at some part below the throttle body.

The bigger problem is there's a leak occurring in the area. It looks like coolant but i could be wrong. I will get an endoscope USB cam to try to identify where the leak is coming from but from the wetness around this hose and the fact another line behind/below it was also wet makes me believe this indicated rubber hose is the issue. ODDLY ENOUGH, when the leaking starts it keeps dripping but as soon as the radiator fans turn on the leaking stops. When the radiator fans turn off perhaps 60 secs later the dripping begins again.

Would appreciate you chiming in.

Thanks

centralcoaster33
Car: 240SX #5-1997

Looks like a rubber coolant hose to me. or maybe a PCV hose. I'd pull it off, bring it in to the parts store and replace it with an equal length piece of new hose. Nissan doesn't have part numbers for plain hose that I'm aware of. Pre-bent stuff might have a number, which the parts store would have.

crosis
Car: 1998 Nissan Quest GLE

Thanks

Return to “Quest Forum”