Parking brake stuck! PLS HELP

General Discussion forum for Versa Owners
Katastrophe
Car: 2009 Nissan Versa hatchback automatic

Parking brake stuck! PLS HELP

Postby Katastrophe » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:26 pm

My boyfriend had parked my car in my heated underground with the parking brake up while we went on vacation for 10 days. Now as I return I cannot release the parking brake. I have checked multiple forums and tried multiple troubleshooting solutions but nothing will work. My vehicle will not move at all and my job requires me to use my vehicle.

Has anybody experienced this before or have any suggestions that I might not have come across?

amc49
Car: '11 Versa
'17 Altima

Re: Parking brake stuck! PLS HELP

Postby amc49 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:29 am

Assuming a female posting and certainly no insult intended. A strong guy can pull on the brake handle hard enough to let the thing lock against the button lock and not be able to be released by many. I suggest pushing button in while trying to lift with as much power as possible and get a guy to do it. I have trouble releasing my own sometimes and I ain't no weakling by any imagination.

Usually you run into that when somebody really throws his weight into yanking the handle up in a power move and it can be hard to overcome that yank enough to get clearance to make the button work.

Return to “Versa General Chat”