Panoramic roof rattle

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
yi_dennis
Car: 2014 Rogue SL

Heather0282 wrote:
Heather0282 wrote:I have had my 2015 Rogue SL AWD for 2 weeks now. The 1st week in I noticed this annoying rattle coming from the passenger side... Thought it possibly was the seat belts or maybe even my purse making rattle sound. At this point I still haven't put anything in the car that would be making this noise. After some research someone said to check my moonroof...opened the shade (that had been closed all week) and sure enough the noise is coming from the moonroof. When I got the car the temp was pretty warm now temps have dropped and it's colder. Love this car but the sound is going to drive me crazy!!! I'm planning on calling the dealer tomorrow-so we shall see!

Following up with my issue of the moonroof rattle.... had my 2015 Nissan Rogue in for repair in early April. The dealership replaced the front sliding glass panel. It's been a little over 2 months and I haven't heard the noise since. Didn't think this would resolve the issue after reading the experiences of other Rogue owners... but it surprisingly has! Took 6 months of me having the car but i'm finally getting to enjoy it with no issues. Hopefully this noise will not come back!!!
Thanks for the update. I have the rattle as well and I do think it is the front panel. I have noticed lately the tilt sometimes make a strange noise opening and closing.

coolercity

Sorry to bump an old thread, but anyone get their sunroof rattle permanently fixed? My 2016 Rogue just developed it with only 3k miles. They tried to fix it by replacing the sunroof tracks but the fix only worked for 20 miles and now its back.

mpscotia

Our 2015 SV will be having our roof squeak looked at when it goes in this week.

I've noticed that the plastic air deflector thing that pops up when the roof is open rattles like crazy, and when I actually put my finger on it when the roof is closed that part of the rattle goes away, but I'm pretty sure it's the entire panel as well.

mpscotia

Update: They did some moonroof adjustments and the squeak is gone. For now. ;) I'll be keeping an ear out for it!

They also replaced the front left strut bearing, as we were getting a bit of a clunk when doing slow turns.

Roguish
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue

I've had a rattle in my 2014 Rogue since it was about six months old. It sounds like one of those old Styrofoam coolers bumping around. The dealership tried a few things, but nothing helped. Last week I tried to open the moon roof cover, and heard a TERRIBLE crunching and squeaking noise. The whole cover came off the rails, and the assembly fell apart. They are now going to replace the entire assembly once they get the part in. Hopefully that will fix the awful squeak.

Nissboyz
Car: Rouge

Have the same roof rattle for the past few weeks when the temperature has started to drop. Its the most annoying. Will be taking it to the dealership next week. Thanks for posting

CullenM
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue SL

DaFreak wrote:Rattle gone. Dealer replaced the frame, however it took 2 1/2 days. They provided a loaner at no cost. Thank god for warranty.
I just bought a used Rogue and it rattles. When you say replaced Frame can you be a little more specific? I'd like to talk to the dealer about it.

Thanks!

Anderson_46
Car: Nissan Rogue SL 2014

Guys I to have a moon roof that rattles. It's a 2014 Rogue SL and I have been to the dealership 5x already with "temporary fixes". Yet it still rattles especially when it's cold out. Nissan Canada keeps on pushing me back to the dealership and the dealerships keeps on pushing me back to Nissan Canada. I don't know what to do anymore the rattling is really annoying. Do you think they need to replace the frame? Is the frame around the moonroof including the middle brace? I am in Toronto, where are you guys who have this same problem?

Maximus099
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue SV AWD

Alomost 2 years ago they did change the frame around the moonroof and that fixed it but since this weekend it's back again and yes the noise is louder when it's colder outside. My front suspension that they completely replaced because of a loud squeaky noise when going over bumps is also back again. My waranty ends in 1500 kms so I'll be dropping by the dealers soon.

Anderson_46
Car: Nissan Rogue SL 2014

Please post and let us know what happened with your moon roof after your visit with the dealership

Pmedic49
Car: 2017 Rouge SV

My 2017 Rouge SV developed a noise and was traced to the moon roof. Sounds like..."klunk klunk". Dealer has tried 4 times to fix. I guess the are using double sided tape for the fix. Seems to work for a short time and the noise comes back. It only happens when I hit bumps in the road (but not all bumps...I know...strange). I am wondering if I should push them to replace the frame. Does this seem feasible?

IHNS8809
Car: Nissan Rogue 2015 SL

I have a 2015 Rogue SL, AWD with tech package.

Earlier this week I noticed a squeaking noise that appears to be coming from the moon roof.

If you press on the retractable part of the glass where it overlaps with the other piece of glass the sound goes away.

I took it to the dealer yesterday and they said the rails just needed to be lubricated.

Drove of the lot, got about halfway home an the sound came right back.

I've scheduled a follow up appointment but am not happy. I've owned the car for about 4 months, it's certified pre-owned with less than 13k miles on it.

Anyone else run into this issue? And what was the resolution?

Thanks

datechboss101
Car: 2016 Nissan Rogue SL -- RIP
2018 Nissan Kicks SR -- RIP
2019 Nissan Rogue SV w/ Prem. Pack

IHNS8809 wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:54 pm
I have a 2015 Rogue SL, AWD with tech package.

Earlier this week I noticed a squeaking noise that appears to be coming from the moon roof.

If you press on the retractable part of the glass where it overlaps with the other piece of glass the sound goes away.

I took it to the dealer yesterday and they said the rails just needed to be lubricated.

Drove of the lot, got about halfway home an the sound came right back.

I've scheduled a follow up appointment but am not happy. I've owned the car for about 4 months, it's certified pre-owned with less than 13k miles on it.

Anyone else run into this issue? And what was the resolution?

Thanks
Merged post to existing Topic!

Please use the search feature for future doubts before posting any threads!

RGOLD
Car: 2015 Nissan Rouge

Had same issue. I bought a silicon spray and sprayed on the gasket around the glass. No more noise. The noise is coming from the friction between the glass and the gasket.

IHNS8809

RGOLD wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:36 pm
Had same issue. I bought a silicon spray and sprayed on the gasket around the glass. No more noise. The noise is coming from the friction between the glass and the gasket.
Any chance you could snap a picture of where exactly to spray? I'm pretty illiterate with cars. Also, any particular brand of silicon spray you'd recommend?

datechboss101
Car: 2016 Nissan Rogue SL -- RIP
2018 Nissan Kicks SR -- RIP
2019 Nissan Rogue SV w/ Prem. Pack

I think a can of WD-40 should work, however, I don't have the sunroof on mine, so not sure how effective it can be.

RGOLD

Here are the images:

RGOLD

datechboss101 wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:52 am
I think a can of WD-40 should work, however, I don't have the sunroof on mine, so not sure how effective it can be.
WD-40 will damage the gasket. Do not use.

IHNS8809

RGOLD wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:20 pm
Here are the images:

Thank-you. I bought the same stuff, found it for $3 at Wal-Mart.

So you spray between the glass and gasket? I assume this stuff would be harmful if it got on the paint?

I noticed my noise goes away when I press on the retractable part of the roof. Should I tilt it up and apply directly to that?

Thanks again for all your help.

RGOLD

The idea is to coat the gasket with silicon where it is contacting the glass. I didn't open or tilted just sprayed around the length of the gasket. I wiped the extra off the paint and the glass.

AlabasterJ

Has the solution to spray the gasket where it meets the metal with silicone worked as a fix for anyone? I have the same issue (squeakiness over bumps, worse in cold, pressing on the metal bar fixes it) and would love to know if anyone has had any success fixing it.

elebish
Car: 2017 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

I suspect that the body is twisting ever so slightly when going over uneven roads. Try installing braces under the hood at the shock towers.

AlabasterJ

I tried the heavy duty sillicone spray solution and it did little to help the problem.

IHNS8809

It's cold again in the Chicagoland area and my noise is back. Bumping this thread for any suggestions. The dealer once again has proven completely worthless and Nissan's only suggestion is to take it to the dealer. Super helpful.

IHNS8809

elebish wrote:
Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:26 am
I suspect that the body is twisting ever so slightly when going over uneven roads. Try installing braces under the hood at the shock towers.
Could you elaborate on this? Where would we get the braces ?

AlabasterJ

I tried the spray silicon on the gasket and that didn't work but a friend loaned me a tube of silicon (similar to a tootpaste tube where you squeeze and gel comes out). I rubbed a good amount of that on the gasket inside the Rogue wherever the middle bar contacts the gasket and it's been silent ever since (that was probably a year ago). The sunroof hasn't leaked or anything either.

Return to “Rogue Forum”