Paint Defect?

From wax to washes, the Detailing Forum should be used for questions and ideas concerning exterior and interior cleaning and appearance
teufelhunde93
Car: 2006 Infiniti G35x

Ok, I bought my 2006 G35x Sedan used with 24K on the speedo May 1, 2008. I now have 30k+ miles. Today, I take it to the car wash and start spraying the hood with pre-soak and I noticed the paint started to peel back in a small section right next to the passenger side headlight (about the size of a quarter-- maybe slightly larger). I stopped spraying there and washed the rest of the car with no issues.

Has anyone had this problem? I have owned a Nissan 1987 Hardbody Pickup (silver), 2000 Chevy Silverado pickup (still have this one-- it's custom-- indigo blue), 1996 Oldsmobile Aurora (red), 2005 Toyota Camry (silver), 1995 Dodge Dakota Sport (black)... and I have never experienced stock paint peeling back before. Couldn't have caught a nick either... there are nicks in the bumper and other areas and they did not cause the paint to peel at all.

I need some advice for I am new to the Infiniti brand.
Modified by teufelhunde93 at 3:47 PM 9/15/2008

teufelhunde93
Car: 2006 Infiniti G35x

I dropped my car off at the Infiniti dealer located in Franklin, TN. I talked to the service manager named Randy. He inspected the car and noticed there was overspray on the rubber located on the edge right under the hood. So, maxspeed96ct called it-- non-stock paint. I purchased this car from CarMax in Rivergate and it was shipped to the dealer. It is unfortunate that I am just now finding this out for I would have never purchased the car.

AS-IS protects the dealer to a point, but not when they lie. Problem is proving the lie. Now days people get around repair work reports by paying cash or having friends fix their cars, etc. I am not sure what action I am going to take at the moment.

Return to “Detailing Forum”