P1130 Swirl Control Valve Control Solenoid Issue

A forum for the legendary Nissan Pathfinder and Infiniti QX4.
midiman

Hi everyone, I'm new here and find this to be a very informative site.

Anyhow this is my problem.

I had the SES light popup about a month ago and had my mechanic take a look at it. He ran a diagnostic and pulled 3 codes from the ecm P0174, P0171 and P1130.

He told me that the Swirl Valve Control Solenoid Valve was faulty and would need to be changed. He also said that the MAF sensor might be failing and it might also need to be changed, but could be quite expensive. So he replaced the Swirl Control Valve first and reset the ECM. About 2 days later the light came back on and we decided to change the MAF sensor also. Again two days after changing the MAF the light came back on, so he ran another diagnostic and said that P0174 and P0171 were gone, but P1130 was still there. He told me that it would take time for the ECM to recalibrate itself with the new sensors. So he reset the ECM again and told me not to worry about it.

Well the light is back on again and the code is still P1130. I would like to know why this is happening. Should I just bring it on over to Nissan and have them figure it out or should I try to figure it out on my own on why this is happening, it has been over a month and this is still not resolved.

One more thing, I checked all the vacuum hoses that pertain to the SCV solenoid and they look good, but when looking at the vacuum hose diagram in the service manual it is not laid out the same as the sticker on the hood of the truck. There are slight differences.

If anyone can help it would be really appreciated.

dflosrt4

OH yes I have diagnosed many p1130 codes. First thing i would do is pull of the vacuum hose going to the scv check switch that is on the drivers side by the air filter housing. There is a vacuum hose that goes from the black vacuum box where the scv solenoid vavle is located to the scv check switch. Get a vacuum pump apply vacuum to the check switch itself with the igntion switch on. Look at the front of the engine. You should see the opening where you can see in the valley of the engine. When you apply vacuum you should see the actual SCV actuator move. If it doesnt move its either the check switch, vacuum hose leading down to the scv or the scv diaphram itself. The scv is the manifold itself so dont try to buy it seperate. IF the actuator moves then you know the check switch and scv is ok. I have found small debris before in the vacuum lines leading up the the scv solenoid. This actually clogged up the scv solenoid and the vacuum box. Let me know if you get to this point. I need to look at a 3.5 again to see what i did next. hope this helps some
midiman wrote:Hi everyone, I'm new here and find this to be a very informative site.

I had the SES light popup about a month ago and had my mechanic take a look at it. He ran a diagnostic and pulled 3 codes from the ecm P0174, P0171 and P1130.

He told me that the Swirl Valve Control Solenoid Valve was faulty and would need to be changed. He also said that the MAF sensor might be failing and it might also need to be changed, but could be quite expensive. So he replaced the Swirl Control Valve first and reset the ECM. About 2 days later the light came back on and we decided to change the MAF sensor also. Again two days after changing the MAF the light came back on, so he ran another diagnostic and said that P0174 and P0171 were gone, but P1130 was still there. He told me that it would take time for the ECM to recalibrate itself with the new sensors. So he reset the ECM again and told me not to worry about it.

Well the light is back on again and the code is still P1130. I would like to know why this is happening. Should I just bring it on over to Nissan and have them figure it out or should I try to figure it out on my own on why this is happening, it has been over a month and this is still not resolved.

One more thing, I checked all the vacuum hoses that pertain to the SCV solenoid and they look good, but when looking at the vacuum hose diagram in the service manual it is not laid out the same as the sticker on the hood of the truck. There are slight differences.

midiman wrote:Hi everyone, I'm new here and find this to be a very informative site.

Return to “Nissan Pathfinder Forum / Infiniti QX4 Forum”