Original Front wheel Hub Assembly

ONLY for ADVANCED technical discussion about the 240sx!
John16
Car: 1993 Nissan 240SX hatchback

Hello!

I got original wheel hubs four studs. I just got me a whole new set of upgraded rotors and pads . The problem is that the front passenger side the wheel hub has two holes where the stud is hanging in loose. So my question is or are.
1-Is there any stud that is bigger and make it steady and safe?
2-Is there any website where I can get the original hub assembly "4 holes" I searched and the only thing I find is for the conversion.

I tried to get them steady using the JB weld but is not gonna work. My last option I think that it will be to get the assembly out and get the weld.

Any suggestion will be appreciated

:) :) :)

NukeKS14
Car: 1995 240SX SE - KA24DE-T
AC Cobra Mk IV Rep.
2020 Civic Si

What kind of car is this? S13? S14? I don't understand, so did the hub come with wheel studs or not? If not, you've got the wrong sized stud. The wheel studs are press-in. You can buy a generic tool and use it to 'pull' the stud into place using the lug nuts.

https://www.amazon.com/Lisle-22800-Whee ... B000ETUD22

Don't use JB weld on your studs/hubs unless you want the wheels to nope out while you're driving the car.

Since I don't know what generation it is I'll give the part # that I have which is for an S14, if you need the whole hub assembly. I guess I really don't understand what you're doing though.

https://www.coulterpartscenter.com/oem- ... 402000v200

John16

Is a S13, The studs the original studs for this cae wont press in the whole on the stud wheel bearing is too big. So im asking what could i do. Re-zise them with a thread maker or just to get the original wheel bearing stud which is what im looking for online but cant find it.

John16

The front hub wheel of my S13 has to wholes that are damage. The hole for two studs are too big because of the damage in them the studs wont press on them. Original studs. T hats why i'm looking for a wheel stud assembly original or even not original for my s13. The only thing i can find is for the conversion of the 4 to 5 stud assembly. Still looking around for a front 4 stud assembly for my s-13 and it does not have to be original as long it fits properly.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

Your front hubs w/o ABS are p/n 40202-35F00 or 40202-F6200, with ABS 40202-39F01. I don't see any here in the 'States, but Amayama has all three numbers.

John16

Thanks! A little pricy though. I'm just taking the hub to the shop and get them 2 studs weld up! In the future I'll do the conversion to 5 studs they are lighter and will make the car run smoother and faster but for now it is what it is. If I would of know better I would of get the conversion from the beginning. I also could go to a junk yard but to find one of these 240sx over here in Maryland is like finding a needle in the beach! Thanks again good stuff!

NukeKS14
Car: 1995 240SX SE - KA24DE-T
AC Cobra Mk IV Rep.
2020 Civic Si

John16 wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:14 am
Thanks! A little pricy though. I'm just taking the hub to the shop and get them 2 studs weld up! In the future I'll do the conversion to 5 studs they are lighter and will make the car run smoother and faster but for now it is what it is. If I would of know better I would of get the conversion from the beginning. I also could go to a junk yard but to find one of these 240sx over here in Maryland is like finding a needle in the beach! Thanks again good stuff!
There is an issue if you're having the studs welded. They are press in and if the hub has rusted out or become damaged to the point you have to weld to fix it, I'd question the integrity of the rest of it.
they are lighter and will make the car run smoother and faster
This is NOT true. Most people like to convert to 5 lug for availability of parts. For example, if you convert over to larger brakes, the cars that those rotors come from (Z32, J30, etc...) are 5 lug so it makes sourcing parts like that easier. Also, as you're finding, the 5 lug hubs are easier to find as they're more desirable. It has nothing to do with weight or speed. To some degree, I feel like 5x114.3 hubs open up more choices for wheels but I don't have anything to back that up, outside of personal observation.

John16

The integrity is fine! And about the 5 lug bearing wheel hub it does have more of a free spin than the original a lot more. Conversion will come soon still gonna enjoy this 4 lug hub s13 to the max welded with JB :) it gets the job done and lugs are tight tight as a virgin!!!

Return to “240SX Technical Forum”