Options for S13 redtop valve cover T?

For the RWD SR20DET cars! Sponsored by Wiring Specialties.
JRPS13
Car: 1992 180sx

im really curious as to the use of the stock "catch can" or oil/air seperator, black box. now its installed to the right of the "T". Should we not put an after market catch can in there? or should we leave that box there and run a catch can on the left of the "T" which would also be in between the maf and turbo? also what is the purpose of that stock black box? thanks

codyace
Car: S14 w/redtop

JRPS13 wrote:im really curious as to the use of the stock "catch can" or oil/air seperator, black box. now its installed to the right of the "T". Should we not put an after market catch can in there? or should we leave that box there and run a catch can on the left of the "T" which would also be in between the maf and turbo? also what is the purpose of that stock black box? thanks
I run the black OE oil seperator between the block vent and the valve cover T, just like factory. Then on the front side of the T, I run it to my catch can, which then is rerun into the intake (as it should be)

domiballa
Car: 1993 s13 hatch

I also have a question about this.. i upgraded my turbo to an s15 and the guy i bought the turbo off of also gave me this custom intake he welded up.. well the intake doesnt have anywhere for me to plug in the hose that comes off of that T.. what would my options be? I was originally plannign on hooking left side of T to a catch can then from there to the intake but no where to hook it up 2!!

Return to “SR20DET Forum (rear-drive)”