Opinion please

1972-1979 Datsun 620 forums. All 620-specific topics and discussion can be found here.
HIPCHIP
Car: Dodge Magnum

I found a 1973 620 1600 cc. Rebuilt head and new main bearings. Has a B-210 5 speed manual trans in it and body looks clean from the photos. Dash looks cracked and interior would need to be redone. $2000. Sound like a good deal? I had a 1975 and I think they had the 1600 engine and I had no problems. Don't know much about the 5-speed B-210 tranny.

My main worry, is if the engine needs a rebuild, or ball joints, etc, need replacing, what all that would cost me. Was there was anything wrong with the 73 that they had fixed by 1975?

I want to get my old truck so bad I can taste it (want to relive my youth and feel young again-LOL), but don't want to get something that has to sit in the driveway for years until I can afford to get everything fixed. I'm retired on disability so don't have a ton of money and don't have a job for extra cash. My mechanical skills are OK at best (old MX'er), but to rebuild a motor without help is probably beyond my ability. I do have a local Nor Cal Datsun club, so I'd join and would probably have folks that could teach me what to do.

Thanks for any advice.

hawaii_620
Car: 75 Datsun 620

IMO, Price is a relative term. If it's worth it to you, then it's worth it. Your location and availability of a particular vehicle is a factor.
I live in Hawaii, and I'm sure I "over paid" for my 75 620, but then again, the selection out here is far and few between... so I'm satisfied.

As far as the 73 being a good year, I don't know, and I'd say just read over the forums like this one. [No linking to sites outside the NICO network]
Good luck,

Kyle

Return to “Datsun 620”