Ontario crushing tunner cars

Including Japan, Australia, Canada, and others.
nismodriver28
Car: 98 nissan 200sx and 90 nissan 300zx

I just read an article on yahoo stating that ontario attorney wants to pass a new law allowing police to seize any car tunned for street racing and crush it, file criminal charges againts the owner and make him pay all fees including towing and crushing to car. So the police will be able to determine if the car is tunned for street racing, no court. If this is true then its going to be one of the dumbest laws in canadian history. I used to live in toronto, and i have a feeling that this law will target import cars, because if a cop see's a vette driving by and a 240sx hes going to pull over the 240, even if the vette has 1000hp. I also wonder if this law will include all the muscle cars restored with built motors? Here's the link:

http://www.leftlanenews.com/ca....html

maybe we should go back to horse pulled carts, kill of all dogs that might be dangerous, etc. What a tool.

gotak
Car: 2007 Sentra SE-R

I think as with all traffic laws in Ontario it's up to the officer to decide how they'll enforce it. Typically this means the heavy handed stuff is handed out when people clearly on purposely are doing something wrong.

I am sure if you don't speed in a modded car and the mods are street legal it'll be ok.

Return to “International Region”