ChattCompDoc
Car: 2010 2.5s Nissan Altima Coupe/Crimson Black

I can't find my radios anywhere. :cry:

tigersharkdude
Car: 1999 Nissan Maxima

Radio's....who needs 'em :cool:

ChattCompDoc

Thought this was appropriate it's a few years old but it's still a classic to get you hyped up for this week-end.
Be safe will see you on Saturday Morning rise-n-shine.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIdYjb26 ... re=related[/youtube]

d356bud
Car: 1990 240sx w/ RB25DET

I'll have a cb in my truck for the way down

BusyBadger
Car: '92 240SX, '05 350Z, '13 Juke

NXgear wrote:
maxentropy wrote:Heading down there tomorrow morning so the wife and I can take our time getting there. Will have the CB on channel 3 for anyone who is traveling down Thursday or Friday. Taking mostly 81S-- but hopping on Skyline Dr for a bit.

Callsign "Max" on the CB.
I don't have a CB but I plan on bringing a two way radio to keep in contact with other drivers for the weekend. Anyone else planning on doing the same?
I'm bringing a pair, loaning the spare to Torry since his is MIA.

Channel 7, sub-chan 21
ChattCompDoc wrote:I can't find my radios anywhere. :cry:
Some Wal Mart locations carry Motorola 2-Ways, the one near me only has Crapra, errr...Cobra. You can check local availability online so you can avoid jetting all over town if you really want a pair and can't find yours.

tigersharkdude

also check some local pawn shops. Ive seen 2-ways a number of times.

NXgear
Car: 91 NX2000

tigersharkdude wrote:also check some local pawn shops. Ive seen 2-ways a number of times.
Radio Shack is another good spot, not sure on cost though.

ChattCompDoc

bublightyear wrote:I'll be another of the 'young at heart' crowd if I get the g back in time :woot:
had to replace a wheel, and I'm not sure if they will have it repainted by the weekend. The dragon was not as fun in the jeep as when we went on the bike but cant wait to try it in the g.
Nice to know the UK crowd will be coming down :)

tigersharkdude

Today's the day :D :D

undyingtron
Car: 2009 Nissan GT-R

I have been delayed a bit. I was supposed to get there friday morning but its looking more like 2am sat. I was getting 2 new rear tires put on when the tech called me over to show me that my fronts were showing metal on the inside edge. I had to express order 2 more tires and im getting them installed friday morning as I type this. To make matters worse my gf backed her altima into my s2000 and left a massive amount of damage. That would not have happened if I had noticed my gt-r front tire wear earlier. We would have been long gone. Anyway I will not be there at 6pm but I will be there sat morning. Why does all this crap happen just before a trip?

tigersharkdude

preaching to the choir brother. Seems like the **** hits the fan before big plans

BusyBadger
Car: '92 240SX, '05 350Z, '13 Juke

Ouch, better to find out before rather than after! I know what you mean about stuff happening before a trip...

I picked up a cold somewhere in the last 24 hours, feel like crap but I'll be there. Only thing I hate worse than being sick is having "medicine head'. :crazy: One of my bags looks like I'm getting ready to open up a Walgreens.

d356bud
Car: 1990 240sx w/ RB25DET

I have to say I think I'm cursed. I was taking the 240 for a run yesterday before I put it on the trailer and the brakes gave out and my pedal went right to the floor. This is the second year where I couldn't bring down my 240. I guess its better it happened before I brought to NC. So instead of the car I brought down my suzuki gsx.

tigersharkdude

Letting y'all know I'm in the lobby. Waiting on torry to get here. Wearing blue plaid shorts and a sleeveless blue shirt

ChattCompDoc

Taking a pit stop in maryville then on to the cabin will see you in the morning.this is gonna be fun.

tigersharkdude

For everybody that asked about the decals, or who would like one...they came in

The guy messed up the color on the double stripe, but you can cut those off. There are two different lengh's. one is about 8" long, and the other is about 7" long. They are $2 each + a stamp. If you want, send me an letter with a self address, stamped, envelope inside and $2. If you want any PM me and I will send you my address

EDIT: The E looks solid but there is indeed a whole in it like there should be

tigersharkdude

also, this guy got some pics of us. I think it starts on page 3
http://www.photoreflect.com/store/Thumb ... 1WPV005E06

RED_DET
Vendor
Car: 2004 6 speed G35 Sedan, 2011 G37x, 1992 Nissan Sentra SE-R SR20DET, C7Z06

just a teaser shot... ;)

Tim Rogers
Car: NX2000 - 4 of them...

tigersharkdude wrote:also, this guy got some pics of us. I think it starts on page 3
http://www.photoreflect.com/store/Thumb ... 1WPV005E06
I didn't find us on page 3; it was later - maybe page 10 or so. We definitely start with photo #286:
http://www.photoreflect.com/store/Order ... 11&pc=2114

And on this site (well, different photographer) we start with photo #393:
http://www.photoreflect.com/store/Order ... 37&pc=3405

Great shot of Edna proclaiming victory from the red NX2000!

ChattCompDoc

Did anyone get pictures of Dean and Lynne's GTR?
Or any of the other cars?

RED_DET
Vendor
Car: 2004 6 speed G35 Sedan, 2011 G37x, 1992 Nissan Sentra SE-R SR20DET, C7Z06

I have tons of photos, just need to upload them....

VQpwrdSE-R
Car: 2005 Code Red Nissan Altima SE-R
2013 Nissan Altima SV

This was a great event, nice to meet other Niconauts, (this was my first Nico event). Anyways here's some of my pics if anyone is interested.

tigersharkdude

@VQpwrdSER----your PM feature is disabled.

Also at anybody wanting a decal
I posted in the nicofest thread, I will check and make sure its still there. EDIT: posted at 2pm on 9-4-11

my address is

Brad C.
306 grandview drive
old hickory, tn, 37138

stickers are $2 each plus shipping ($1 or a self addressed envelope)

gmac708
Car: :o)
1970 240Z
1972 510

Moved to picture thread

post6183758.html#p6183758

Tim Rogers
Car: NX2000 - 4 of them...

One more photo stream here:
http://www.129pix.net/jps/store.jsp?t=0 ... 5202456783
We do start on page three of that one ;-)

ChattCompDoc

We had funtimes in Gburg and surrounding area

jekl
Car: '93 240sx se coupe, '95 Volvo 850turbo, '09 Toyota Sienna

I HAVE A VIDEO OF DEAN ON THE CHEROHALA SKYWAY I'LL TRY TO GET POSTED TONIGHT ALONG WITH SOME MORE PHOTOS. WILL PUT THEM ON THE "NICOFEST TOTD PHOTOS" THREAD.

Viper5000
Car: 2009 Altima Coupe 3.5SE/6MT

It was really fun meeting all you guys... this was indeed a great event, will definitely be there next year (hopefully it continues to grow) :werd:

On the drive home it was my first time just breezing through ATL, when I got the the FL state line I hit some massive rain bands.... I always feel like a champ in the rain with my tires that like the rain and a fresh coat of Rain X on all the windows.... if you go fast enough you don't need to ever use your wipers, just zipps right off.

EZcheese15
Car: 2012 Juke SV
2011 Titan Pro-4X
2007 BMW 328i

Viper5000 wrote:It was really fun meeting all you guys... this was indeed a great event, will definitely be there next year (hopefully it continues to grow) :werd:

On the drive home it was my first time just breezing through ATL, when I got the the FL state line I hit some massive rain bands.... I always feel like a champ in the rain with my tires that like the rain and a fresh coat of Rain X on all the windows.... if you go fast enough you don't need to ever use your wipers, just zipps right off.
Yeah, weather on the way home sucked. It was raining hard all the way until about Indianapolis, but then it cleared up and was pretty clear the rest of the way home. And it was actually quite chilly in Wisconsin, I actually had to turn the heat on! Far departure from the weather on the way down, which was like 150 degrees the whole way.

undyingtron
Car: 2009 Nissan GT-R

It was great meeting everyone and I did have a blast before it rained. I wanted to get more "fun" driving done on Sunday and Monday, but the rain screwed that up. I did have a blast on the Cherohala Skyway on Saturday though! Everyone was very nice. If I had more time I would have loved to let everyone who was interested get a chance to ride in the GT-R. On future trips I hope to do that more, maybe even let someone drive it one day. Visiting the Biltmore Estate was fun too. The place reminded me of a few estates I have visited in England, except it was a super sized American version of them.

I was forced to dive back to Pa over 12 hours through a steady downpour. The stock tires LOVE to hydroplane through standing water! If any of you get a GT-R don't forget I told you that. It's like having 4 mini surfboards attached to the suspension instead of tires. We took our sweet time and stretched it over two days and we found a stunning inn nestled in the VA mountains to spend the night. The place looked like it was a postcard brought to life and included an outdoor private jacuzzi on a covered deck with a fireplace. Sitting in the Jacuzzi during a rainstorm surrounded by dense woods on 2 sides was amazingly relaxing as I let it work over my many sore spots. If you are ever in the area, I would strongly recommend House Mountain Inn in Lexington Va. Its not cheap, but it was a perfect way to end the trip.

I was sure I would get some new road damage on the GT-R after driving almost 2000 miles over 5 days and I was right. Luckily no hood or bumper nicks! However, I got a nasty scratch on the right front wheel. No idea how, but it gives my GT-R some more character I think, lol.

Return to “Past NICO Events”