2011 NICOFEST TOTD Official Registration Information

Read about NICOclub events of the past.
Viper5000
Car: 2009 Altima Coupe 3.5SE/6MT

Cant wait to be back up in the mountains!!!!
I have freshly installed coilovers and im ready to have some fun :dblthumb:

***Also the other day I got into a mountain biking accident, my mouth got split open and one of my teeth almost fell out... 20 stitches and a temporary brace on my top teeth. I did get a s***-ton of Vicodin though

BusyBadger
Car: '92 240SX, '05 350Z, '13 Juke

tigersharkdude wrote:6 days left. Seriously, where is everybody at? Id like to get to know some of the attendee's through PM before I get down there, im kind of standoff-ish around people I've never talked to
Technically, you've never talked to them if you've only PM'ed them. :)

Glad that you're going to make it down.

tigersharkdude
Car: 1999 Nissan Maxima

BusyBadger wrote:
tigersharkdude wrote:6 days left. Seriously, where is everybody at? Id like to get to know some of the attendee's through PM before I get down there, im kind of standoff-ish around people I've never talked to
Technically, you've never talked to them if you've only PM'ed them. :)

Glad that you're going to make it down.
If you want to get real technical Ive only talked to handful of members here because of going deaf last year around this time. Dont talk much right now, during my last surgery my doctor hit the nerve in my face that controls muscle movement of my mouth. Its slowly coming back, but def. not as good as it was. Its just taking a while, I knew this was a possibility going into surgery.

Like how I said above, the majority of conversing with me is through writing, I write about 50/50 too. Some people "say" they cant understand me BUT thats a crock because I havent had anybody I know say that. I do get asked to repeat stuff, but with time Ive noticed less and less repeating, must mean my talking is getting better

Viper5000

Well tigershark, I don't think being deaf is going to be an issue for you at the meet, I'm sure everybody is going to be easy to deal with in person. (or at least that's been my experience with previous Nico things)

tigersharkdude

Thats usually how it goes at nico meets. I just wanted to kind of let everyone know whats up before we all get down there

Thanks for the "support" everybody. It does mean a lot, Ive found it very hard to find people who are willing to meet me halfway, if you get what Im saying

Viper5000

tigersharkdude wrote:Thats usually how it goes at nico meets. I just wanted to kind of let everyone know whats up before we all get down there

Thanks for the "support" everybody. It does mean a lot, Ive found it very hard to find people who are willing to meet me halfway, if you get what Im saying
If I still have it, I will bring a small dry erase so I can have some fun with you ;)

ChattCompDoc
Car: 2010 2.5s Nissan Altima Coupe/Crimson Black

I will also bring pen and paper.
It's all good in the hood:No matter race,creed,color,disabilities, we are all brothers and sisters alike.
And should treat all equal :)

I can't wait to see some of the A/C's this year.
Last year was only me and Chattownecoupe
Sounds like it's gonna be a great turn-out.
I hope we can keep this venue alive for many years to come.

undyingtron
Car: 2009 Nissan GT-R

I would like to take a moment to introduce myself. I have lurked on this board for a few months after seeing a post on the Facebook group for Nissan owners about this event. I have always wanted to visit the Dragon in any car, but I have never been able to set aside time for the trip until now. I have an original model year (2000) S2000 that I had turboed about 4 years ago. I have been a long time member of s2ki.com and attended many group events over the years, some of them with almost 200 cars attending and a few based around road course events. Those events gave me my first taste of real track time.

I managed to buy my dream car back in 2009 without giving up the turbo s2000 to do so. I have a gunmetal GT-R that I will be driving to the event. It has been stock all this time up until last week when my warranty finally ran out. I wasted no time and put in new downpipes and a new midpipe with a custom tune. Because I split time between the s2k and the gt-r I need it to retain its drivability on both short and long hauls, so my power and sound goals were modest. The tune really woke the beast up and it feels and sounds like a new car. It puts down close to 500hp at the wheels now, depending upon what dyno is being used of course.

I'm really looking forward to meeting all of you and having a lot of fun this weekend. While I may not actually be a kid anymore, that does not stop me from enjoying each and every day with a smile on my face and my inner kid in my heart.

tigersharkdude

Welcome to Nico. Cant wait to see the GTR, I got to ride in one around the road course at Nashville Super Speedway back in 2008 at Nicofest @ I.A. No doubt that thing is a beast, never road in anything on a road course that felt so planted. The guy driving really pushed it too. Sadly we only did like 2 laps (he almost ran out of gas, the car said he had like 4 miles to empty)

I know the video sucks but between holding the "oh sh*t handle" and not really paying attention to the camera, there is a lot of dash.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvhZ1zyJ9dc

By the way, Im Brad aka tigersharkdude. Look forward to meeting you this weekend

ChattCompDoc
Car: 2010 2.5s Nissan Altima Coupe/Crimson Black

Welcome to NICO !!!! You picked a perfect event to come to.
There may be another GTR from our neck of the woods. But none of the club members have said anything yet.
I will look forward to meeting you and seeing a great vehicle such as yours in person.

EZcheese15
Car: 2012 Juke SV
2011 Titan Pro-4X
2007 BMW 328i

ChattCompDoc wrote:Welcome to NICO !!!! You picked a perfect event to come to.
There may be another GTR from our neck of the woods. But none of the club members have said anything yet.
I will look forward to meeting you and seeing a great vehicle such as yours in person.
Hey guys, sorry I haven't posted anything in the last couple of weeks about the event. I was out of the country and had pretty limited internet access. Just got back to the states less than an hour ago!

But anyway, the event is going to kick a**. I can't wait. I'm planning on driving down to Chicago Thursday after work then to Fontana on Friday. I'm going to try to get on the road by 7am from Chicago, so hopefully I'll be down to NC by around 6 or 7 pm.

For everyone who has registered, I'm going to stop by a store on my way down and get some food to grill. If you haven't registered, it's not a big deal, but it just means you're on your own for food each night. For those that are registered, I'll have your dinner covered Friday, Saturday, and Sunday nights.

Looks like there is going to be a wide variety of cars this year, including a few non-nissan's. I personally will be bringing my all-trac.

Also, if you registered but haven't seen the registration list update in the last 2 weeks, I apologize. That was because I was out of the country. I'll get it updated tonight.

tigersharkdude

Torry, just letting you know Im going to try to bring some food too. A case or two of sausage, some chips, maybe some cokes (will also have some gatorade but its mine. Been trying to kick cokes)

gmac708
Car: :o)
1970 240Z
1972 510

undyingtron wrote:I'm really looking forward to meeting all of you and having a lot of fun this weekend. While I may not actually be a kid anymore, that does not stop me from enjoying each and every day with a smile on my face and my inner kid in my heart.
<---not so young guy too. Everybody is sharing their passion for cars here. We all have that in common. I have never felt uncomfortable during a NICO event. Well...maybe I did when purple drank was involved. I think Cory was involved as well :confused: ...but I am sure that was the only time!
tigersharkdude wrote:I can read lips decently, but if its important please write to me....I do keep a white board or pen and pad of paper with me most of the time
Brad. I remember you from my last visit to Nashville 09. I look forward to seeing you again. All friends, no worries :dblthumb:
EZcheese15 wrote:I'm planning on driving down to Chicago Thursday after work then to Fontana on Friday. I'm going to try to get on the road by 7am from Chicago, so hopefully I'll be down to NC by around 6 or 7 pm.
That's about the time I hope to be there. I'll be passing through Lexington around 2PM.

BusyBadger

gmac708 wrote:
undyingtron wrote:I'm really looking forward to meeting all of you and having a lot of fun this weekend. While I may not actually be a kid anymore, that does not stop me from enjoying each and every day with a smile on my face and my inner kid in my heart.
<---not so young guy too. Everybody is sharing their passion for cars here. We all have that in common. I have never felt uncomfortable during a NICO event. Well...maybe I did when purple drank was involved. I think Cory was involved as well :confused: ...but I am sure that was the only time!
I might have you both beat, not sure. I'm older than Greg/Hitman though. ;)
gmac708 wrote:
tigersharkdude wrote:I can read lips decently, but if its important please write to me....I do keep a white board or pen and pad of paper with me most of the time
Brad. I remember you from my last visit to Nashville 09. I look forward to seeing you again. All friends, no worries :dblthumb:
Completely agree. :yesnod

maxentropy
Car: '08 Altima Coupe 3.5SE

Haha, looking forward to seeing everyone again after Carlisle this past year!

Torry, hope you had a good trip man. Will catch up with you at the dragon.

undyingtron
Car: 2009 Nissan GT-R

gmac708 wrote: <---not so young guy too. Everybody is sharing their passion for cars here. We all have that in common. I have never felt uncomfortable during a NICO event. Well...maybe I did when purple drank was involved. I think Cory was involved as well :confused: ...but I am sure that was the only time!
I'm not actually that old... I was just feeling old when I wrote my post. I'm 42 going on 29, or that is what I like to tell myself. My real is Dean and I will be bringing the other half with me. Her name is Lynne.

bublightyear
Car: 05 g coupe

I'll be another of the 'young at heart' crowd if I get the g back in time :woot:
had to replace a wheel, and I'm not sure if they will have it repainted by the weekend. The dragon was not as fun in the jeep as when we went on the bike but cant wait to try it in the g.

EZcheese15
2011 Titan Pro-4X
2007 BMW 328i

bublightyear wrote:I'll be another of the 'young at heart' crowd if I get the g back in time :woot:
had to replace a wheel, and I'm not sure if they will have it repainted by the weekend. The dragon was not as fun in the jeep as when we went on the bike but cant wait to try it in the g.
So it turns out I won't be driving down in the All-trac. The engine went today. Rings are shot.

So I picked up a '98 Metro tonight to get me by until I can rebuild the engine in the Celica. So I'll be sporting that down to the gap. But I think I'll leave that parked at the hotel and ride shotgun with my friend in his FC to lead the pack.

DrewH
Car: 2006 Altima SE R
2012 G37X

Sorry to hear about your Celica. I know you'd rather have the all trac but look on the bright side, you're drive down and back just got a lot cheaper.

I don't want to jinx it but the slight break in gas prices couldn't have come at a better time. I've got a lot of extra driving planned but its nearly an 800 mile trip for me on the way down. Leaving tomorrow morning and planning to be down there around 6-7 on Friday. Looking forward to a great time and seeing/meeting everyone.

tigersharkdude

EZcheese15 wrote:
bublightyear wrote:I'll be another of the 'young at heart' crowd if I get the g back in time :woot:
So it turns out I won't be driving down in the All-trac. The engine went today. Rings are shot.

So I picked up a '98 Metro tonight to get me by until I can rebuild the engine in the Celica. So I'll be sporting that down to the gap. But I think I'll leave that parked at the hotel and ride shotgun with my friend in his FC to lead the pack.

If you want to drive something, I let you drive my car some.

Also, Labor Day events at the dragon
http://www.facebook.com/notes/tail-of-t ... 3617830869

maxentropy

Heading down there tomorrow morning so the wife and I can take our time getting there. Will have the CB on channel 3 for anyone who is traveling down Thursday or Friday. Taking mostly 81S-- but hopping on Skyline Dr for a bit.

Callsign "Max" on the CB.

tigersharkdude

For a few minutes there on Monday, I didnt think I was going to be able to make it. Someone hit my windshield with what looked like a hammer when my mom and I went out to lunch on monday. Luckily she paid for a replacement, I will just pay her back over the next few months

maxentropy

tigersharkdude wrote:For a few minutes there on Monday, I didnt think I was going to be able to make it. Someone hit my windshield with what looked like a hammer when my mom and I went out to lunch on monday. Luckily she paid for a replacement, I will just pay her back over the next few months
Wow. A hammer? Geesh. It's funny how this negative stuff always happens to everyone a day or two before a big car trip.

tigersharkdude

The impact sport on the window was about a one inch circle. So my guess was a hammer

DrewH
Car: 2006 Altima SE R
2012 G37X

Some people just suck at life. Seriously, who does that?

EZcheese15
2011 Titan Pro-4X
2007 BMW 328i

maxentropy wrote:
tigersharkdude wrote:For a few minutes there on Monday, I didnt think I was going to be able to make it. Someone hit my windshield with what looked like a hammer when my mom and I went out to lunch on monday. Luckily she paid for a replacement, I will just pay her back over the next few months
Wow. A hammer? Geesh. It's funny how this negative stuff always happens to everyone a day or two before a big car trip.
Yeah, no kidding. 2 days ago if you would have told me my Celica engine would be toast and I would be buying a 3 cylinder Metro to drive down to NC in, I would have laughed :/

BusyBadger

tigersharkdude wrote:Also, Labor Day events at the dragon:
http://www.facebook.com/notes/tail-of-t ... 3617830869
Well, anyone that had any foolish ideas about time-attacking The Dragon will certainly be disappointed. :)

240AceX
Car: 98 240SX SE

Last year we visited it was quite busy with bikers. Labor Day weekend is a popular holiday for all sort of motorcyclists to hit the Dragon. When we came behind them, all we did was follow in line and stay as far behind the bikes as we could. Usually most biker are nice and pull over when its safe and let the caravan pass. Once in a while you will have to follow someone that is not as willing to interrupt their ride as others, so we just need to keep safe distance and enjoy ours. A couple of our guys had some close calls last year, so prep your cars before you leave for the Dragon and most importantly drive safe! It might save your life and the life of others!

NXgear
Car: 91 NX2000

maxentropy wrote:Heading down there tomorrow morning so the wife and I can take our time getting there. Will have the CB on channel 3 for anyone who is traveling down Thursday or Friday. Taking mostly 81S-- but hopping on Skyline Dr for a bit.

Callsign "Max" on the CB.
I don't have a CB but I plan on bringing a two way radio to keep in contact with other drivers for the weekend. Anyone else planning on doing the same?

tigersharkdude

Been watching the weather the past few days. Currently the Fontana Dam area is saying

Friday- Mostly sunny, high of 90, low of 60
Saturday- 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms, high of 90, low of 60
Sunday- Partly cloudy, high of 87, low of 60
Monday- 40% chance of rain, high of 80, low of 58

Return to “Past NICO Events”