2013 NICOFEST Carlisle: Official NICOFEST Carlisle Registrat

Read about NICOclub events of the past.
LongBeachCoupe
Car: 08 Altima Coupe (RIP Hurricane Sandy)
2005 Lexus RX

I still wish more people were there my first year (nico's 2nd year there) when I was the only one there, and they had MILF hot oil wrestling there.
Always a good time to see women with bellies that make Torry look skinny, go at it in a kiddie pool filled with lube!

DJ_B_Easy
Car: 2017 GMC Sierra All Terrain X

I wonder if they only do good business when NICO is in town? Perhaps they keep re-branding based on what they see the year prior. So who do we have to blame for giving the axe to the oli wrestling, introducing the mechanical bull, and the "Energy"? Maybe team Audi from the auto-x track stopped in last year and we didnt notice.

DrewH
Car: 2006 Altima SE R
2012 G37X

Team Audi. Hahahaha. :rotfl

sndtgr08
Car: Altima Coupe 3.5SE MT

Sent 3 payments :/ would not let me change payment amount to just send 1 payment :( Anyways its for:

Bart Helmus
Gavin Helmus
Maria Harris

Paypal Email:

[email protected]

Paypal Transaction ID's:

2UA34454BV630715B
6PG77382K0198150X
5G920869A1462452Y

VQpwrdSE-R
Car: 2005 Code Red Nissan Altima SE-R
2013 Nissan Altima SV

I have registered

Justin Funck

Transaction ID: 11Y28918BJ822972L

Sijonda
Car: DD => 1991 240SX/SE Silver SR20DET BlackTop.
For Sale => 1999 Altima GXE Black, completely stock. -Sold
Track => 1988 Mustang GT White, 3.73 rear gear.

Quick question. I've always had my car's inspection current (Pendot Mechanical and Emissions). This time around both my cars have been out for at least a year now. I know I can get my S13 inspected since it's still less than 5k miles since the last run through but I wanted to bring the car I just got (88 mustang). It's had it's cats, smog pump, and egr valve yanked or disabled from 2 owners previous. The car runs great but it's not going to pass unless I get everything put back on the car. I know the tech inspection doesn't say anything about having a current state inspection on the vehicle but I guess I'm more worried about getting past the police at the gates. I've been really smooth with driving just to and from work with both my cars (nearly a year since my S13 was expired, I check everything out every time I have it in the air). I guess I could rent a truck and trailer and just roll it in that way but I can't justify the cost/hassle of that just to get by.

Have any of you guys/gals rolled through the gate with an expired inspection before?

DJ_B_Easy

Every time Ive driven though the gate with a windshield sticker there has been a 70 year old woman there. They only want to know that they have your money, not the state.

Sijonda
Car: DD => 1991 240SX/SE Silver SR20DET BlackTop.
For Sale => 1999 Altima GXE Black, completely stock. -Sold
Track => 1988 Mustang GT White, 3.73 rear gear.

Ok. I'll cross my fingers. My S13 isn't ready to go a second round yet anyway. Running it around the track threw out the alignment at some point, got a nasty toe-in on the way home on the highway. I straightened it out but I'm planning on replacing the rest of the stock suspension before I bring it back.

DJ_B_Easy

To clarify that is the south gate, not the main gate. I highly doubt you will have a problem. Email or call them if you have a doubt.

EZcheese15
Car: 2012 Juke SV
2011 Titan Pro-4X
2007 BMW 328i

Sijonda wrote:Quick question. I've always had my car's inspection current (Pendot Mechanical and Emissions). This time around both my cars have been out for at least a year now. I know I can get my S13 inspected since it's still less than 5k miles since the last run through but I wanted to bring the car I just got (88 mustang). It's had it's cats, smog pump, and egr valve yanked or disabled from 2 owners previous. The car runs great but it's not going to pass unless I get everything put back on the car. I know the tech inspection doesn't say anything about having a current state inspection on the vehicle but I guess I'm more worried about getting past the police at the gates. I've been really smooth with driving just to and from work with both my cars (nearly a year since my S13 was expired, I check everything out every time I have it in the air). I guess I could rent a truck and trailer and just roll it in that way but I can't justify the cost/hassle of that just to get by.

Have any of you guys/gals rolled through the gate with an expired inspection before?
I doubt you'll have any problem getting in. If there are police at the gate, they won't be looking for state inspection stickers. Heck, half the people (such as me) will have out of state plates anyway.

As far as tech inspection goes, we are only tech'ing safety equipment. It has nothing to do with emissions.

Bubba1
Car: 2003 Nissan 350z
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

Sijonda wrote:Quick question. I've always had my car's inspection current (Pendot Mechanical and Emissions). This time around both my cars have been out for at least a year now. I know I can get my S13 inspected since it's still less than 5k miles since the last run through but I wanted to bring the car I just got (88 mustang). It's had it's cats, smog pump, and egr valve yanked or disabled from 2 owners previous. The car runs great but it's not going to pass unless I get everything put back on the car. I know the tech inspection doesn't say anything about having a current state inspection on the vehicle but I guess I'm more worried about getting past the police at the gates. I've been really smooth with driving just to and from work with both my cars (nearly a year since my S13 was expired, I check everything out every time I have it in the air). I guess I could rent a truck and trailer and just roll it in that way but I can't justify the cost/hassle of that just to get by.

[/quote]

I never have, but I think your risk mostly is outside the gate, not at the gate or inside it. Some local police (don't know about Carlisle's cops) will sometimes target inspection stickers. However with the big volume of traffic during the P&S show, I think if you drive conservatively and not draw attention to yourself, (like high revs,chirping the tires, tailgating, etc) you have a good chance going unnoticed. but it's still a risk. Good luck.

libtech240sx
Car: black 95 Nissan 240sx SE-project
white 95 Nissan 240sx SE-parts

myself and t least 2 of my ggod friends who are also nico members will be joining me, anyone know of cheap hotels in the area or willing ad us to a group going in on hotel rooms. Lemme know and shoot me a PM. thanks guys! stoked to finally be able to run my car on the track this year! Black S14 zwnki with NAVAN aero keep an eye out for me and the rest of the "SRZ Chassis Works" crew.

VQpwrdSE-R
2013 Nissan Altima SV

libtech240sx wrote:myself and t least 2 of my ggod friends who are also nico members will be joining me, anyone know of cheap hotels in the area or willing ad us to a group going in on hotel rooms. Lemme know and shoot me a PM.

The cheapest option is the lodge rooms but they have already been filled since January. carlisle-13-hotel-accommodations-t569281.html

Private message Long beach coupe from that thread for a regular park inn room. He can get you a better deal at our group rate. They have 2 queen beds. Pack your friends in one and split the money 3 ways. If you stay at the park inn you'll be close to the party Friday and Saturday nights.

EZcheese15
2011 Titan Pro-4X
2007 BMW 328i

VQpwrdSE-R wrote:
libtech240sx wrote:myself and t least 2 of my ggod friends who are also nico members will be joining me, anyone know of cheap hotels in the area or willing ad us to a group going in on hotel rooms. Lemme know and shoot me a PM.

The cheapest option is the lodge rooms but they have already been filled since January. carlisle-13-hotel-accommodations-t569281.html

Private message Long beach coupe from that thread for a regular park inn room. He can get you a better deal at our group rate. They have 2 queen beds. Pack your friends in one and split the money 3 ways. If you stay at the park inn you'll be close to the party Friday and Saturday nights.
The cheapest option is camping at the fairgrounds.

VQpwrdSE-R
2013 Nissan Altima SV

Oh yeah I forgot about that. I'll have to see who does it this year to see if it's worth trying next year.

BeezLaM1235
Car: Year: 2012
Make: Nissan
Model: Altima 3.5 SR
Color: Ocean Grey

Hi guys! This is the first time I will be actually putting my car in a show. I've been to the plenty of show worthy cars and been to plenty of import events, but only as a spectator. The NICO community seems like great thing to be apart of :dblthumb: ... How was the turnout last year? Anyone keeping a running list of all members attending this years event? I hope the turnout is great!

VQpwrdSE-R
2013 Nissan Altima SV

Welcome to NICO! If you go on the first page and click verify registration you can see who all is coming. From what I counted I saw over 40 ppl and there will be more. I saw some names missing from the list of those who purchased hotel rooms in another thread. It's still early. I'm sure many more will register in the last few weeks before the event.

BeezLaM1235

Awesome! Sounds like it's gonna be a killer time. Now, I know this isn't the place to ask this question, but i am going to anyway. How do I post pics in the forum? I've read the tutorial, i'm a noob, still dunno. Bear with me......

gmac708
Car: :o)
1970 240Z
1972 510

In the general section there is a thread that has been sticky'd that has instructions on how to use Photobucket. Photobucket is a place to post, organize, and share you photo's. Photobucket is going through some pretty major changes Right now and the instructions are not so accurate to follow and it is confusing.

Here is the quick answer.

You need to find a place to upload any pictures you want to share in the public environment.
Most places that "host" these pictures or "images" attach an Image "[IMG]" code to these pictures.

You need to copy these codes and insert them into the body of your post, here on NICO.

They used to have a thread around here where you could test your picture insert ability until you get the hang of it. Not sure where that went. I think you need an minimum post before they let you post pictures.

Gord

BeezLaM1235

gmac708 wrote:In the general section there is a thread that has been sticky'd that has instructions on how to use Photobucket. Photobucket is a place to post, organize, and share you photo's. Photobucket is going through some pretty major changes Right now and the instructions are not so accurate to follow and it is confusing.

Here is the quick answer.

You need to find a place to upload any pictures you want to share in the public environment.
Most places that "host" these pictures or "images" attach an Image "[IMG]" code to these pictures.

You need to copy these codes and insert them into the body of your post, here on NICO.

They used to have a thread around here where you could test your picture insert ability until you get the hang of it. Not sure where that went. I think you need an minimum post before they let you post pictures.

Gord

Thanks man. :bigthumb:

DJ_B_Easy

Hai guys! Two months!

Carlisle FB page said NICO was back on top for most registrations today. Who keeps those banners anyway?

EZcheese15
2011 Titan Pro-4X
2007 BMW 328i

DJ_B_Easy wrote:Hai guys! Two months!

Carlisle FB page said NICO was back on top for most registrations today. Who keeps those banners anyway?
They usually go back and forth between me and Greg, depending on what the last event was. I think I have have them right now since the last event we did was NOPI last year.

LongBeachCoupe
Car: 08 Altima Coupe (RIP Hurricane Sandy)
2005 Lexus RX

There was one on the east coast.. or maybe it was only the altimacoupe.com one... I think Darryl has it.
I am really excited... we have 26 rooms booked at the hotel now, that is more than we have ever had! The hotel is almost booked with standard rooms now, last call fellas. PM me if interested.

htbyrico
Car: 1996 Inifiniti Q45/ Nissan President

anyone thinking of going from the southern east states? i feel like making a road trip from New Orleans, La :bigthumb: its time for the G50 President to take a trip.. would like to run in a Nico group.. ;)

VQpwrdSE-R
2013 Nissan Altima SV

Come on up. Someone has to represent the VIP section of the club.

nissan240boy
Car: 1992 nissan 240sx, ka24det , hicas 4 wheel steering, welded rear, konig rims, aftermarket 3 inch cat back exhaust, t3 t4 turbo, tomei fpr, emance ecu, 255 fuel pump, gauges afr and egt and boost

Hey I wanted to get nicoclubs permission to promote the event to hopefully get more people there this year, I was gonna make like papers with info on the event and little buissness cards with info and a link to Ur site, ill be doing this around York, pa and asking stores if they would put a paper at there counter or window, it seems like everyone I talk to has no clue bout the event, so I'd like to help get the word out, ill be drifting this year and don't mind helping with teching cars or whatever just as long as I get drift time lol and my gf would like to help with registration so let me know Wat I need to do to sign up for that, also if friends pay the registration fee they fan ride passenger in cars right and is tandem still allowed this year?

EZcheese15
2011 Titan Pro-4X
2007 BMW 328i

nissan240boy wrote:Hey I wanted to get nicoclubs permission to promote the event to hopefully get more people there this year, I was gonna make like papers with info on the event and little buissness cards with info and a link to Ur site, ill be doing this around York, pa and asking stores if they would put a paper at there counter or window, it seems like everyone I talk to has no clue bout the event, so I'd like to help get the word out, ill be drifting this year and don't mind helping with teching cars or whatever just as long as I get drift time lol and my gf would like to help with registration so let me know Wat I need to do to sign up for that, also if friends pay the registration fee they fan ride passenger in cars right and is tandem still allowed this year?
Feel free to spread the word as much as possible. You don't need any type of special permission from us, go for it! The more people that know about the event, the better!

If you want to volunteer to tech cars or work registration, simply tell us so when you get there. We can always use an extra hand.

Passengers are not typically allowed except for staff members, but ask us when you get to the event. We'll call it as we see it. We might allow a few exceptions depending on the circumstances. If you have friends that pay the registration fee though, they will be allowed in the paddock area and can ride passenger with staff members for sure.

Tandem will still be allowed for drifters.

htbyrico
Car: 1996 Inifiniti Q45/ Nissan President

VQpwrdSE-R wrote:Come on up. Someone has to represent the VIP section of the club.
thanks i sure will try to make it.. :dblthumb: ill post update as soon as i can..

nissan240boy
Car: 1992 nissan 240sx, ka24det , hicas 4 wheel steering, welded rear, konig rims, aftermarket 3 inch cat back exhaust, t3 t4 turbo, tomei fpr, emance ecu, 255 fuel pump, gauges afr and egt and boost

okay so wanna double check my car is ready, the car is the same as last year and it passed tech inspection last year, any new changes from last year on inspections? Also I didn't need a bumper last year so I was planning on not bringing the bumper this year, so is it ok to drift with out a front bumper, and my reverse lights don't work, is this okay? thanks cant wait to tear it up again! just wanna make sure everything is good to go.

EZcheese15
2011 Titan Pro-4X
2007 BMW 328i

nissan240boy wrote:okay so wanna double check my car is ready, the car is the same as last year and it passed tech inspection last year, any new changes from last year on inspections? Also I didn't need a bumper last year so I was planning on not bringing the bumper this year, so is it ok to drift with out a front bumper, and my reverse lights don't work, is this okay? thanks cant wait to tear it up again! just wanna make sure everything is good to go.
Tech inspection will be the same as last year. You don't need a bumper. That's just more parts for us to clean up off the track when you hit stuff ;) Reverse lights aren't needed.

Return to “Past NICO Events”