Official Lighting Thread

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
mr_luv

Made a new set of lights.

jonlex99
Car: 06 Infiniti M35X, 06 Kawasaki Z10r, 06 G35s coupe 6smt with the 19 inch forge wheels. 02 Lexus LX470

^^^^^ Sweet.....

06M4.5
Car: 2006 M45

The white leds look great. :cool:

CPJ LB
Car: 12 G37X Sedan- stealthy modded
14 Altima 2.5
08 Tahoe
06 M35 S (gone)
14 Versa 4dr (gone)

nice LED's....do you have a shot at night??? Good work Luv!!!

usama905
Car: 2007 M35x Journey Package :D

Hey guys this is my first post on this forum so excuse me if the format/place is wrong to post this , i had a question regarding the hid conversion for the low beams and fog lights. I just got an 07 M35x with what i think is the journey package( nav and 8speaker bose system) and regrettably it doesn't have HIDs :( . I was thinking of getting the kits from theretrfitsource but not sure what to order. I want 6k bulbs on both and from the posts on this forum i know ill be needing h1s for the lowbeams and h11s for the fogs. but i have no clue what wire harness il need and which type (relay or canbus). Another concern im having is figuring out were to put the 2 ballasts on each side and how to go about this wire harness. In the howto forum there was a post with just the foglight conversion so i have a starting point but there was only 1 balast and no relay to the battery was present in that guide. Im going to include the links to the 2 kits i think i should be buying but correct me if i picked the wrong ones. Anyone that has done this already please let me know how i should go about this conversion(especially on were to put the ballasts and how the relay stuff should be done)

Thanks alot :D !!

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/produc ... ts_id=3959 - low beam kit
http://www.theretrofitsource.com/produc ... ts_id=3955 -fog light kit

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

You only need the harness if your lights flicker. And you don't need any relays or anything.

Just get the HID kits themselves.

usama905

k, since all of the extra stuff is included in cost it'll be nice to have on hand i guess. BTW whats the likly hood it'll flicker? Also does any1 have any experience with the Phillips hid kits and how they compare to the morimoto elite hid kit?

Thanks for the reply! your howto sticky was an awesome utility since i knew what was up before the actual purchase :D

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

Phillips, as far as I am concerned, is THE leader in HID's. Their 85122 bulbs are the standard.

However, Morimoto is nice. That's what I'm running. Definitely go with Morimoto. As for the flicker, I'm not sure. I got a harness back when I had crap DDM Tuning HID kits and kept it when I switched to Morimoto. I can't say if my Morimoto's would flicker or not without it.

usama905

sounds good il be hopefully placing my order on the first! And was the harness difficult to install and neatly conceal ? these kits are all plug and play right? or is there any drilling and cutting involved?

Ilya

Just gotta run it to the battery. No cutting, etc.

DJPlayedYA
Car: 2007 Infiniti M35 Sport

Edited out: Do any of you guys with 6000k HID low beams and 3000k HID fog lights have pics to show? This is the setup I'm thinking about going with, but I'd like to see what it looks like first. Thanks in advance.

Also, if I'm reading this correctly, 55w ballasts should be used for low beams and 35w ballasts for fog lights? Since stock low beam ballasts are 35w, using 55w ones will produce a slightly lower temperature look? (6000k ~ 5500k?) Lastly, does anyone ever do HID high beams? Or is that not possible/a complete waste? Again, TIA.

Edit: I didn't realize that the 2nd post in the thread had 3k fog lights with the 6k low beams.

Ilya

You have the right idea.

High beams are a waste because by the time they warm up they are useless (you don't need them anymore). Also, turning on/off the highs will KILL your ballast unless you can figure out a wiring harness that will keep the ballast running at all times (had this on my retrofitted Maxima).

photopro
Car: current dodge charger; 09 g37x

Hello guys! i am new to NICO and planning on buying a 35x in the spring. I noticed all the questions about the HID headlights and having a lot of experience with HID kits i would like to help. The stock ballast is 35 watts. thats the standard on most OEM hid lights, both domestic and foreign. The bulb color does not increase brightness or intensity. the only way to increase that is going to a 55 watt ballast. If you use 55 watt ballasts you should always use a wiring harness so you dont fry your OEM wiring. The draw on the 55 ballast is much more when firing up and also burns hotter. If they flicker an easy fix is to use a $2.00 capicator in the harness where the relay fits in. I can post a photo later. Its a little trick the dodge charger guys use. ( i have a charger, 08) and it works fine. the flicker is becuase the system monitors if the bulb is out and when you use another ballast it may read the bulb is out. OR you can use the error cancellors. I have a DDM set i never used. If you buy aftermarket kits make sure you are getting 55 watt bulbs. a 55 watt bulb will run with both 35 and 55 watt ballast but it will be dimmer of course with the 35 watt. A 3 watt bulb with a 55 watt ballast will ruin the bulb in short order. Its as simple as removing the OEM bulb, replacing with a kit bulb that comes with the ballasts, and hooking up the ballast to the bulb and the ballast to the wiring harness. the harness has to be connected to the battery post and ground. When using the harness you only need to connect one "controller" from the OEM harness to the new harness. The harness is connected to the other side and controls both lights. Also i dont know if the connection to the harness needs to be reversed or not. thats simple trial and error. (the Charger had to be flipped). There should be no cutting of the assembly or the wiring. I think you guys are trying to use the OEM bulb with aftermarket ballasts and they are not plug and play. The biggest hassle is mounting the new ballasts. Some kits have brackets, i use industrial strength 3M velcro and glue. Works great even in dirty envorinments. Buy it from Radio Shack. i see from the posts the wheel must be removed for easy access. you may be able to just turn the wheel to get at the pins for the cover. you dont have to spend a fortune on kits; the new digital ballasts are reasonable and reliable, under $30/each. I'm glad to help anyone! i can send pics if needed.

WHOisDANE
Car: 2007 Infiniti M35x

I'm just gonna revive this thread, 18 months later.

Car: 2007 M35x
Low Beam: Innovited 55w 6k HID (slightly regretting this idea/brand)
High Beam: Factory
Fog: Innovited 55w 6k HID (slightly regretting this idea/brand)
Interior: LED Conversion (front and rear map lights) [Amazon]
Puddle: LED Conversion [Amazon]
Parking Light: LED Conversion [Amazon]
Reverse Light: LED Conversion (68 SMD LED) [Amazon]
License Plate: LED Conversion [Amazon]
Trunk Lights: LED Conversion [Amazon]

Next to get upgraded:
Front Turn Signals - VLED system
Rear Turn Signals - LED Conversion
New HID's - DDMTuning (or any other brand people may recommend?)
DRL's
High Beam converted to HID

Pictures!
(sorry for the crappy iPhone night picture)

DJPlayedYA

So after reading this entire thread, I'm not 100% clear on one thing:

If your car is already equipped with OEM HIDs, to upgrade your front lighting to a more white/blue light, you simply need to buy new bulbs, correct? You don't need to buy new ballasts too? Thank you.

Also, if you don't want to put in an HID kit for the fog lights, is there a fog light bulb that you guys would recommend if you're shooting for a clean white/blue look?

jap1975
Car: 2008 Infiniti M35x PLatinum Graphite/Wheat

I've read this entire thread, but I was wondering if there were new developments as far as HID kit suggestions. I just got my '08 M35x last night (no HIDs :frown: ) and I want to convert my headlights immediately. I've seen the fog light post, but where are y'all mounting the ballasts for the low beams? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

aiham78
Car: 2011 Infiniti M37x

DJPlayedYA wrote:So after reading this entire thread, I'm not 100% clear on one thing:

If your car is already equipped with OEM HIDs, to upgrade your front lighting to a more white/blue light, you simply need to buy new bulbs, correct? You don't need to buy new ballasts too? Thank you.

Also, if you don't want to put in an HID kit for the fog lights, is there a fog light bulb that you guys would recommend if you're shooting for a clean white/blue look?

I bought these for the fog and they are pure white http://www.ebay.com/itm/121246979868

You are correct regarding your first question.

wideopn11
Car: 2012 Infiniti M37x Moonlight White

Takeda CAI
Stillen exhaust w/ MeganRacing Y-pipe
SCALE coilovers 16K/10K F/R
Akebono BBK
Cusco strutbar
25mm spacers F/R
Uprev tune by seymore4

I got these...pretty close match to my headlights. http://www.hoen-usa.com/fog.htm

Before:
After:

midnightclub619

IlyaKol wrote:Yes. Many of us are running DDM kits.

Just leave the fields that aren't needed blank. All you need is a 35w or 55w ballast and specific bulb size/temperature. That's it. You don't need any harnesses, etc.
I totally agree. I've been using DDM Kits for my past 2 vehicles and have been completely satisfied with their HID kits. I now have a M35 and used Low Beam 35w 8k and Fog Lights 35w 8k. All my friends have also gotten these kits for their rides and have been satisfied also.

Ilya

I will never buy another DDM kit again, if I can help it.

That's an old post of mine and I now only use TheRetrofitSource.com for my HID needs...DDM can shove it. Crap product.

DJPlayedYA

IlyaKol wrote:I will never buy another DDM kit again, if I can help it.

That's an old post of mine and I now only use TheRetrofitSource.com for my HID needs...DDM can shove it. Crap product.
What's wrong with DDM? I was going to order the 6000k bulbs from them for the low beams, but if you have negative feedback, I'd like to hear that first.

Larz
Car: 2019 Q70-L RWD

I've never used DDM either, but I should tell you this: Recently it was provn that up to 80% of sellers on Ebay, Craig's List, and other sources sell chinese copies labeled as the real deal. The Retrofit Source is one of very few places that still obtains their bulbs direct from the actual manufacturer so you can be 100% sure it's the real product.
I just bought the new Osram 5000k CBI's from them but I have used Phillips 85122's from them prior to these and they were great! . The Phillips are the absolute BEST 6000k bulbs available. They are considered the benchmark of 6000k bulbs. They maintain their colour and lumen output longer and are manufactured with higher quality than any other brand for the 6000k bulbs.

Ilya

Larz wrote:I've never used DDM either, but I should tell you this: Recently it was provn that up to 80% of sellers on Ebay, Craig's List, and other sources sell chinese copies labeled as the real deal. The Retrofit Source is one of very few places that still obtains their bulbs direct from the actual manufacturer so you can be 100% sure it's the real product.
I just bought the new Osram 5000k CBI's from them but I have used Phillips 85122's from them prior to these and they were great! . The Phillips are the absolute BEST 6000k bulbs available. They are considered the benchmark of 6000k bulbs. They maintain their colour and lumen output longer and are manufactured with higher quality than any other brand for the 6000k bulbs.
What he said.

DDM has been known to have BAD shipping times and just poor customer service in general. You get what you pay for.

TRS is more expensive, but it's a legit business which specializes in JUST lighting.

As for the Phillips 85122...on the money. That is the "Jordan" of headlight bulbs and has been for a long long time.

DJPlayedYA

Larz wrote:The Phillips are the absolute BEST 6000k bulbs available. They are considered the benchmark of 6000k bulbs. They maintain their colour and lumen output longer and are manufactured with higher quality than any other brand for the 6000k bulbs.
On TRS's website, it states that those Philips bulbs are 4300k. Do they make a 6000k version too?

Larz
Car: 2019 Q70-L RWD

Yes, Phillips makes them, and if you call Retrofit they may still carry them. Its Phillips Ultinon Flash White 85122WX.

If not, there is ONE good company in Ebay that carries them and I just looked them up for you. They, too, get the bulbs from the factory in Germany so you won' get a cheap knock-off. They come with the true factory seal and a 16-digit code to verify authenticity. They have the latest version from Phillips as well.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-Philips ... 223wt_1371

Shipping is free and takes maybe aweek - depending on customs inspectors.

babycharm00
Car: 2008 Black M35S

wideopn11 wrote:I got these...pretty close match to my headlights. http://www.hoen-usa.com/fog.htm

Before:
After:
NICE!!
ive been looking for a solution for now b4 I go full HIDs in my fogs!
how is the illumination compares to stock?

steelcity

I was told DiodeDynamics.com is good for some lights as well. I should be changing mine in the next month or two (tops).

TDot
Car: 2008 M35X, Lakeshore Slate/Tan

Is this the led I can drop in for the parking light on the front?

steelcity

I want to remove all the yellows on my headlight. Where do you get the white strips? and how do you install them?

TDot
Car: 2008 M35X, Lakeshore Slate/Tan

Oops, I didn't realize I didn't post the link.
http://www.vleds.com/shop-bulb-numbers/ ... /6-5k.html
Can I just drop those in? Do I need resisters, or polarity issues?

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”