OFFICIAL G50 (90-96 Q45) OWNERS CHECK IN!

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
.::94Q45::.
Car: 1994 Infiniti Q45

Hello!

This is my 94 Q45.Bought it back in February.Replaced the fuel pump,fuel filter,spark plugs.
Since I Bought I had about 3 differents sets of wheels for it
My current wheels are 20''
20x8.5 Front
20x10 Rear
I still dont have pics of the whole car with the current wheels
How the rear wheels fit
Let me know what you think.

OwnerCS

It looks like it is a lot of fun to drive! Nice reflections in the paint also.

Are you using a lift kit?

.::94Q45::.

Thanks! However I am. Not using a lift probably it apperas that because it's not on a leveled ground.

nissankid83
Car: 1990 Nissan 240sx coupe s13, 1988 Nissan Desert Runner, 1995 Q45

Kiven422 wrote:Well I just picked up my 94 Q45t less than 3 months ago already put 11k miles on it. This pic is before the magnaflow exhaust
Clean looking Q

nissankid83
Car: 1990 Nissan 240sx coupe s13, 1988 Nissan Desert Runner, 1995 Q45

CStalin wrote:sorry for bad quality, took them off my blackberry.
Looks Clean

OwnerCS

Glad to finally get wheels on today..

Many G50s have these later Q45 wheels -- so nothing really new or different. Though I am happy with the look.

qship96
Car: 1996 Q45

OwnerCS wrote:Glad to finally get wheels on today..

Many G50s have these later Q45 wheels -- so nothing really new or different. Though I am happy with the look.

Looks GREAT !!!!!!!!!! Stock springs or lowered? what size tires?

OwnerCS

Thanks Qship. Just stock springs. The Michelin Pilots MXM4 245 45 18 came along with the wheels.

It makes it handle better -- even with needing new shocks/struts..

qship96

Looks great as is, I would NOT lower it!

jesuscruz
Car: 1993 q45a

"Operation: Restore the Q" is underway!
1993 Q45a, 91k (yes 91), 12pc body kit, JL Audio throughout(also under const. yes, i see the wires)....more to come, including paint, lol..
Bought it when i was stationed in Hawaii in '04 and drove it around the island, transferred to VA and gas was $4 plus for premium so it's been sitting for 3 years but the time has come to bring her back out...
ImageImage
Last edited by jesuscruz on Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jesuscruz
Car: 1993 q45a

dont know why my pics wont go up....

boostaddiction

What up NICO..new to the forum but definitely not new to the nissan family..I come from a long line of 240sx. i've own 6 240sx in the past 8 years. this is my first infinti, its a 94 I picked up for a pretty good deal. Needs a little bit of work but nothing serious. In time i'll have it looking fresh. here's some pics

dan4010
Car: 1993 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo
1995 Infiniti Q45
1996 Chevy Impala SS
2006 Chevy Trailblazer SS

I've been on here for years and never officially checked in. Sorry. My very first car in 1999 was a '90 Q45. LOVED the car. Sooo fast for a full size luxury car of its time. It was campaign with tan leather and the light wood trim covering the entire dash. The only problem was the ac didn't work and I lived in KS at the time which gets uncomfortably hot in the summer. I was also in college and had no $$ what so ever to get it fixed. I eventually sold the car and settled for a '92 Maxima SE. That didn't last. The classic look of the G50 I just couldn't get over. Missed everything about it. I was a bit obsessed with the gold clock of the '93-'96 models and liked the grill added to the '94+. In 2002 I eventually came across a '95 in Ivory quartz with tan leather and 74k on the odometer. I test drove it and instantly the love affair began. The ac even worked!!! I've had the car ever since. Told myself I will drive it til it dies. 166k original miles on it now and still running strong with no leaks or issues. I've done small mods over the years, 20" wheels, LED dash lighting, 12" subwoofers, etc. I recently replaced the stock stereo head unit with a Clarion NX700 in-dash nav, and replaced all the old bose with clarion speakers, HID's, and a keyless entry alarm. If I won the lottery, I would buy other cars, but I will NEVER let the Q go.

-- Here is my first Q in '99 and my cousin with his old lincoln. Only pic I have left of it. Not sure what I was thinking with the white flip flops and is the "west side" or some gang sign I'm trying to hold up, IDK. I was young and dumb.

Here is my '95 Q back in Nov '10 the evening I bought my '93 Z. Sorry the pic quality isn't very good. I'll take more tomorrow and some of the interior as well and post them. Frontal shots will have to wait because someone recently backed into me and left nice scratches on the bumper from their license plate.

dan4010
Car: 1993 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo
1995 Infiniti Q45
1996 Chevy Impala SS
2006 Chevy Trailblazer SS

Here are recent pics of my '95 Q45. Taken last night and today....

OwnerCS

Hey Dan - Great pics! Nice!

goody90q45
Car: 1992 Q45 (sold)

I've been a Q45 owner for 6+ years and have owned 8 of these in that time- 5 to drive and 3 for parts. I thought it would be fun to show them all in one post.

Q1- I bought my first Q in May 2005. My son was moving away to college and needed a car but this one looked too much like a Buick and he passed. We got him an Accord and I kept the Q. The car cost $5000 and I put another $7500 into her over the next 4 years. She served us well on lots of road trips and I put about 40k miles on her. The seats were tattered when I bought the car but I got lucky as Q4 had perfect condition gray heated seats and the install was plug and go. The engine and tranny ran strong until the day the engine developed a knock. I didn't want to mess with putting a new engine in and sold it for $500 in September 2009.

Q2- While I was driving Q1 a NICO member listed this 90Q base for sale and no one bought it. It had 221k miles but had been well maintained and the original owner had all receipts since it came off the lot. The car wasn't passing smog and the owner had a new BMW and was tired of wrenching on the Q. I got it for $500 in July 2006, had $1000 in repairs, and sold it to a coworker a month later for $3000. It was a reliable and very fast car. I should have kept it.

Q3- By January 2007 I was getting pretty good at wrenching on the Q and this 91Q came up for sale locally on Craigslist. The owner had been in a wreck and at 151k on the odometer the tranny quit working. I got it for $200 and used my AAA card to have it towed home. I bought this as a parts car and got lots of good parts for me and to sell on NICO. It was in my driveway (out of sight from the street) for 4 months and the salvage yard gave me $100 and towed it away.

Q4- I'd just had Q3 towed away when this black 94Qt with 155k miles came up for sale on Craigslist in May 2007. The owner had been in a spinout on a bridge and damaged every body panel and light. At first glance it looked like a waste of money but I pryed open a door and saw the gray heated seats in near perfect condition. The owner wanted $1000 but took $500 and I had it towed away. It was in my driveway only 2 months and the same salvage yard paid me $100 to tow it away. The seats went into Q1 and I had a lot more good parts to share on NICO.

Q5- No pictures of Q5 but it was a 91Q active same color as Q3- white with a tan interior. This one had a blown engine and I got it for $300 locally off of Craigslist in August 2007 and had it towed home. Lots of good parts on this one including a rear sway bar for Q1. This was my 3rd part out and I had a pretty good idea what parts other members need. It was out of my driveway in 3 weeks but by this time the salvage yard was on to me and wouldn't pay for the car since I'd stripped off all the good parts on the previous 2 cars. I gave it to them for free.

Q6- Another Craigslist deal from February 2008. The owner lived in a remote area in the foothills and couldn't get anyone to make the drive to look at the car. It was a 90Q with only 114k miles and after driving it I knew the only issues were with the injectors. I got it for $500 and the owner delivered it on his backhoe trailer. I put $2000 into this car, including G35 wheels and new tires, cleaned up all the corroded connectors since it had been sitting for 9 months, but had to remove the plenum at least 4 times replacing dead injectors. Once the corrosion and injector issues were solved I drove it for 9 months and 5k miles and it ran great. Since I couldn't confirm whether or not the timing chain guides had been replaced I sold it to a young guy in Bakersfield for $2500 (got all my $$ back) who put in an aftermarket sound system in and got it stolen 2 months later. I have a feeling it's still running strong somewhere south of the border.

Q7- When I sold Q2 after owning it for only a month I knew it was a unique car that had a lot of life even with 221k miles on the engine. I'd been hitting up the coworker I sold it to for over 2 years to sell it back and he finally relented. In December 2008 the owner (a single dad with 3 cars and a teenager) was having a hard time making ends meet and I bought it back for $1500 needing only a fuel pump. He'd driven it only 16k miles in a little over 2 years and had the plenum off twice to replace fuel injectors. This Q was my favorite and even with the high mileage it was the fastest and most reliable of all my Q's. I drove it about 20k miles in 2+ years and only had to replace the radiator and the fuel pump.

In January this year a NICO member in L.A. was parting out a Q and had this perfect burgundy interior for sale. I drove my truck down and paid $300 for everything pictured. The Q started having electrical issues with the HVAC unit last year. First it wouldn't switch to defrost and then no heat in the winter and no AC in the summer. I couldn't figure out the problem and sold it this month (June 2011) to a coworker's son for $1000.

Q8- This Q is the cream of the crop, I don't know how I could ever find a finer example of a G50 so it will probably be my last. A 94Q base with 49k miles that I got from a NICO member in May 2011. It came with all service records from day one and all 3 previous owners took excellent care of the car using only Infiniti dealerships. It was parked in an underground parking garage the first 12 years and judging by the condition of the leather and exterior it was probably garaged after that.

The last 6 years have been a lot of fun not only driving the different Q's but as a great hobby being a part of NICO and helping other owners with their car issues and selling hundreds of good quality parts. I travel for work occasionally and try to hook up with a NICO member whenever I have the time on a business trip. I've met some really nice people locally and across the country and hope to be around for a long time.

konatown
Car: 94 Q45t, 2010 Genesis Coupe

Been a while since I posted and I'm sure I missed a lot of new cars come on board... but....

OH MY GOD. What a car, you lucky dog!

I'll be ready to buy that from you when you're ready to spread the love!!

Q-ZILLA
Car: 1995 Infiniti Q45t
Rear Mount Turbo

R.S. Enthalpy Tuned on
Dynojet-5000lb roller
453hp/453lbft

2008 Nissan Armada
2009 G37 Convertible - SOLD
2004 Cad. Escalade POS - RIP

goody90q45 wrote:I've been a Q45 owner for 6+ years and have owned 8 of these in that time- 5 to drive and 3 for parts. I thought it would be fun to show them all in one post.

Q1- I bought my first Q in May 2005. My son was moving away to college and needed a car but this one looked too much like a Buick and he passed. We got him an Accord and I kept the Q. The car cost $5000 and I put another $7500 into her over the next 4 years. She served us well on lots of road trips and I put about 40k miles on her. The seats were tattered when I bought the car but I got lucky as Q4 had perfect condition gray heated seats and the install was plug and go. The engine and tranny ran strong until the day the engine developed a knock. I didn't want to mess with putting a new engine in and sold it for $500 in September 2009.

Q2- While I was driving Q1 a NICO member listed this 90Q base for sale and no one bought it. It had 221k miles but had been well maintained and the original owner had all receipts since it came off the lot. The car wasn't passing smog and the owner had a new BMW and was tired of wrenching on the Q. I got it for $500 in July 2006, had $1000 in repairs, and sold it to a coworker a month later for $3000. It was a reliable and very fast car. I should have kept it.

Q3- By January 2007 I was getting pretty good at wrenching on the Q and this 91Q came up for sale locally on Craigslist. The owner had been in a wreck and at 151k on the odometer the tranny quit working. I got it for $200 and used my AAA card to have it towed home. I bought this as a parts car and got lots of good parts for me and to sell on NICO. It was in my driveway (out of sight from the street) for 4 months and the salvage yard gave me $100 and towed it away.

Q4- I'd just had Q3 towed away when this black 94Qt with 155k miles came up for sale on Craigslist in May 2007. The owner had been in a spinout on a bridge and damaged every body panel and light. At first glance it looked like a waste of money but I pryed open a door and saw the gray heated seats in near perfect condition. The owner wanted $1000 but took $500 and I had it towed away. It was in my driveway only 2 months and the same salvage yard paid me $100 to tow it away. The seats went into Q1 and I had a lot more good parts to share on NICO.

Q5- No pictures of Q5 but it was a 91Q active same color as Q3- white with a tan interior. This one had a blown engine and I got it for $300 locally off of Craigslist in August 2007 and had it towed home. Lots of good parts on this one including a rear sway bar for Q1. This was my 3rd part out and I had a pretty good idea what parts other members need. It was out of my driveway in 3 weeks but by this time the salvage yard was on to me and wouldn't pay for the car since I'd stripped off all the good parts on the previous 2 cars. I gave it to them for free.

Q6- Another Craigslist deal from February 2008. The owner lived in a remote area in the foothills and couldn't get anyone to make the drive to look at the car. It was a 90Q with only 114k miles and after driving it I knew the only issues were with the injectors. I got it for $500 and the owner delivered it on his backhoe trailer. I put $2000 into this car, including G35 wheels and new tires, cleaned up all the corroded connectors since it had been sitting for 9 months, but had to remove the plenum at least 4 times replacing dead injectors. Once the corrosion and injector issues were solved I drove it for 9 months and 5k miles and it ran great. Since I couldn't confirm whether or not the timing chain guides had been replaced I sold it to a young guy in Bakersfield for $2500 (got all my $$ back) who put in an aftermarket sound system in and got it stolen 2 months later. I have a feeling it's still running strong somewhere south of the border.

Q7- When I sold Q2 after owning it for only a month I knew it was a unique car that had a lot of life even with 221k miles on the engine. I'd been hitting up the coworker I sold it to for over 2 years to sell it back and he finally relented. In December 2008 the owner (a single dad with 3 cars and a teenager) was having a hard time making ends meet and I bought it back for $1500 needing only a fuel pump. He'd driven it only 16k miles in a little over 2 years and had the plenum off twice to replace fuel injectors. This Q was my favorite and even with the high mileage it was the fastest and most reliable of all my Q's. I drove it about 20k miles in 2+ years and only had to replace the radiator and the fuel pump.

In January this year a NICO member in L.A. was parting out a Q and had this perfect burgundy interior for sale. I drove my truck down and paid $300 for everything pictured. The Q started having electrical issues with the HVAC unit last year. First it wouldn't switch to defrost and then no heat in the winter and no AC in the summer. I couldn't figure out the problem and sold it this month (June 2011) to a coworker's son for $1000.

Q8- This Q is the cream of the crop, I don't know how I could ever find a finer example of a G50 so it will probably be my last. A 94Q base with 49k miles that I got from a NICO member in May 2011. It came with all service records from day one and all 3 previous owners took excellent care of the car using only Infiniti dealerships. It was parked in an underground parking garage the first 12 years and judging by the condition of the leather and exterior it was probably garaged after that.

The last 6 years have been a lot of fun not only driving the different Q's but as a great hobby being a part of NICO and helping other owners with their car issues and selling hundreds of good quality parts. I travel for work occasionally and try to hook up with a NICO member whenever I have the time on a business trip. I've met some really nice people locally and across the country and hope to be around for a long time.
Damn! How did you luck out into that sweet-a** ride? Good for you! Looks like it just came off the showroom floor... Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeett!

OwnerCS

Here's a picture going out after dark..

Turning 21 isn't so bad after all..

OwnerCS

What's wrong with this picture?

qship96

suicide doors....just like the great 1960s Lincolns had!

Q-ZILLA
Rear Mount Turbo

R.S. Enthalpy Tuned on
Dynojet-5000lb roller
453hp/453lbft

2008 Nissan Armada

OwnerCS wrote:What's wrong with this picture?

Damn! Another idea I wanted to do... You beat me to it! Thats too cool, love it! Who did it? How much did it run? Put up some pics with door open.

OwnerCS

johnwhitmire64 wrote:
OwnerCS wrote:What's wrong with this picture?

Damn! Another idea I wanted to do... You beat me to it! Thats too cool, love it! Who did it? How much did it run? Put up some pics with door open.
Relax - it's just an optical illusion via Corel Draw..

Though the more I look at it, the more I like the idea..

Lokim
Car: 1994 Infiniti Q45 acquired 4/25/10 w/192K
Now at 222K and going strong!

That would be SOOOOOOOO COOOOOOOL! Especially if someone did it to a President conversion...

Q-ZILLA
Rear Mount Turbo

R.S. Enthalpy Tuned on
Dynojet-5000lb roller
453hp/453lbft

2008 Nissan Armada

Thanks for working on the pic. I wondered how it would come out. I think it looks good. I've been thinking about that one for a while, but there's so much else going on.

masshead87
Car: 1996 Infiniti Q45

Here's mine. Bone stock, bought 9/09 with 89k on it. So far (now 102k) I've replaced alternator, driver's side front hub, steering rack, steering pump, tie rods, all belts. BG flushes. Added OEM floor mats, better front seats, Clarion 6 disk changer and cargo net and trunk peripherals. Only mod is K&N drop in which has done no noticable damage, but I'll probably toss it rather than reoil it.
Needs: plenum job, VCG, rear lower control arms and alignment. I've got to get the brakes redone before the snow starts really coming down, so the floodgates will open once I get it in a shop. I have to thank this site for making this car at least semi-manageable to own, guesswork would not fly with this model.

squeefu
Car: 1990 Q car

1999/2000? Maxima

Doods !! Just stopped by to say hi !!

I got a Maxima to screw with now so I'll be around.

Nice lookin' metal above me. Makes me miss the Q days....

IThaJ0kaI
Car: 96 G50, 90 S13 hatch

Heres my first g50.

its currently stock with cusco zero1 z32 coilovers with home made top hats to fit the rear of the g50. Dont mind the wheels, I am trying to find a matching pair of the rears which are 18x10 +22 saleen wheels.

ph34r

Might as well check in here while I am at it...

Not the best pictures yet but you will get the idea.

94 Base
Just rolled over 85k miles.
Replaced VC Gaskets, Flushed coolant system, suitcase removal mod, Mustang wheels and Enthalpy tuned ECU.

Coilovers in the works.

Krunk89

Picked this up right before the end of the year.
1993 144K $600
abs actuator was leaking so i changed it out and got the passenger headlight thanks to NICO
its slowly coming together.
pics are from when i first got it to the garage and rinsed it off

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”