OFFICIAL F50 OWNERS CHECK IN!

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
DuDro
Car: 2003 Q45

Were you able to use the OEM tire pressure monitors on the Giovannas?

BTW...Falkdesigns was looking into getting some Tanabe springs from Japan for the F50.

I'm still waiting to hear from him...

marksport

2002 Premium PackageFX45 wheels with Nitto 245/35/20Tanabe DF210 SpringsR1 Crossdrilled Front and Rear brake rotorsH1 Hella D2S HID Highbeams

widebodyq
Car: F50 Q45

The tire monitors dont work any longer with the Giovanna's.

BTW nice Q marksport, loving the drop and my rear tires are the same size so I have a great idea on how my car will look with that drop.

Falk keep me posted too on the tanabe springs

DuDro

Did you change out the high beams on your own? I was reading the Service Manual, and it appears to be quite a chore to get to the bulbs...

marksport

The entire job took me several hours including building an entire new wiring harness. I didn't want to take the chance in case the factory wiring couldn't handle the start-up current. The high beam fuse is only 15 amps combined. The main lights have 20amp fuses each, which was my indication to make a new wiring harness. To get to the headlights, you have to remove some of the lower cover bolts, remove both the fenders and then the bumper. I was able to test fit my Impul front bumper at the same time and it fit perfectly....tho I don't remember if I had the foam bumper part on....I'm using Hella Gen3 ballast packs and they use more current than those like Denso units. I had to finish the wiring on the car and soldier/heat shrink everything properly.

I bought new sensors from Nissan for these wheels, and they have to be initialized for them to work. When I switched back my 18s, it did not work. When I put these back on a few months later, it started working immediately once the wheels were rolling.

Falkdesigns
Car: 1998 Q45t ~ EXE

Hey Mark, can you get me the part number for the Tanabe springs? I got GF50 Tanabe DF210, but there should be another part number. Looks like tons of Espelir are available.

Q looks great btw!

Widebody, how did you make that roof spoiler?

marksport

The part numbers on the box are "GF50DR" and "DF210"

DuDro

marksport wrote:...To get to the headlights, you have to remove some of the lower cover bolts, remove both the fenders and then the bumper...
All that just to get to the headlights! How about just changing a bulb in the housing? Do you think I would also need to do the same?

marksport

DuDro wrote: All that just to get to the headlights! How about just changing a bulb in the housing? Do you think I would also need to do the same?
Unfortuately, yes. I didn't see any other way around that as there is always something in the way. Is one of your headlight bulbs burnt out? Overall, it's not a difficult job, takes about 45mins-1hour. Probably designed this way so that only the dealer could sell/serice the headlights and bulbs. Download the FSM, and print out those parts if you plan to change your bulbs.

DuDro

marksport wrote: ...Is one of your headlight bulbs burnt out? Overall, it's not a difficult job, takes about 45mins-1hour...
No burnt bulbs...I wanted to replace the factory high beams with whiter, brighter bulbs.

widebodyq
Car: F50 Q45

Falkdesigns wrote:
Widebody, how did you make that roof spoiler?
The shop did it. Not sure what exactly they did but they told me they woud have to make one because they were unable to find one for the car. I figure they took the mesurements and cut another roof spoiler and added fiberglass to it so it would fit flush with the rear windshield.

sterlingmichaels
Car: 2002 Infiniti Q45 Premium Package

Marksport, I like the look of your Q with the FX rims. I have a couple questions?

1. Do you have any fitment issues: rubbing on bumps, full locked turns, etc?

2. How has the ride changed, a lot firmer, does it ride like a rock, etc?

3. Are the tire pressure sensors the same types that are on your 18inch wheels? How much did the second set of sensors cost?

4. Any downsides to using the fx wheels? Braking issues, extra weight, etc?

Thanks a lot for your help.

marksport

sterling_michaels wrote:Marksport, I like the look of your Q with the FX rims. I have a couple questions?

1. Do you have any fitment issues: rubbing on bumps, full locked turns, etc?

2. How has the ride changed, a lot firmer, does it ride like a rock, etc?

3. Are the tire pressure sensors the same types that are on your 18inch wheels? How much did the second set of sensors cost?

4. Any downsides to using the fx wheels? Braking issues, extra weight, etc?

Thanks a lot for your help.
1. No fitment problems whatsoever.

2. Ride is somewhat firmer as I also have Tanabe Lowering springs.

3. The sensors are the same that came on my 18"s, they apparently are unique to the 2002 Q45. The later cars as well as other nissan/infiniti cars have different part numbers for the sensors. They were about $130Cnd per sensor.

I haven't really noticed any downside other than blowing a tire during a heavy rain. I didn't see a pothole about 4" deep. Being such a low profile, the tire ripped a hole about 1" diameter. Slow down for potholes....Braking doesn't to be an issue as I replaced my pads and rotors a few months ago as the original parts were worn when I purchased the car last year.

SonzofGod
Car: 2002 Infiniti Q45

Just got it about 2 months ago....2002 Q45 Premium

planning on doing some mods to set my car apart from the rest..not that it doesnt stand out already....there are probably only 3 F50's in my town of 100,000+

I would like to put on the 19" 2006 Q45 rims (also same as M45 sport I think) or maybe the FX45 20"....

wish I had more to add.....paid $22,000 with 52k. Very Clean!

thanks

mcrews
Car: 2002 Q45 Sport

Welcome aboard!!!!!good price for a premium edition.

Mark

DuDro

It's AMAZING how much car you get for the money!

The best "used" car for the money that I've bought thus far...

sterlingmichaels

2002 Premium addition with all the bells and whistles.... I just put on the Cima grill.

TgduMg
Car: 94 Q45, 02 Maxima SE

SonzofGod wrote:I would like to put on the 19" 2006 Q45 rims (also same as M45 sport I think) or maybe the FX45 20"....
The 06 Q-Sport wheels have 10 mm less positive offset than the 06 M-Sport wheels. So the 19" M rims will sink between 3/8 to 7/16 of an inch further in on the F50 than the 19" Q-spec wheels.

Though .4 of an inch doesn't seem like much a good eye will catch it.

M-Sport 19" wheels: 19x8.5 +50mmQ-Sport 19" wheels: 19X8.5 +40mmFX35/45 20" wheels: 20x8 +40mm

Danisiti 1

sterlingmichaels

Where can one get their hands on 2006 Q-Sport rims?? I haven't even seen a 2006 Q on the road let alone in the showroom??

2005Q45inCali

TgduMg wrote:
The 06 Q-Sport wheels have 10 mm less positive offset than the 06 M-Sport wheels. So the 19" M rims will sink between 3/8 to 7/16 of an inch further in on the F50 than the 19" Q-spec wheels.

Though .4 of an inch doesn't seem like much a good eye will catch it.

M-Sport 19" wheels: 19x8.5 +50mmQ-Sport 19" wheels: 19X8.5 +40mmFX35/45 20" wheels: 20x8 +40mm

Danisiti 1
THe wheels on the Q sit further out rather than sinking in than the m45.

TgduMg
Car: 94 Q45, 02 Maxima SE

2005Q45inCali wrote:THe wheels on the Q sit further out rather than sinking in than the m45.
Yes, that is correct if they are the +40mm wheels specified for the F50. But if the +50mm 06 M-Sport wheels are used on the F50, they will sit further away from the wheel openings than the Q-Sport wheels.

Many folks will not notice. Others will.

Like if Pamela Anderson removed her implants but didn't replace them.

Ok bad example. I bet even Stevie Wonder would notice that one.

Danisiti 1

M35 Eagles fan
Car: 2010 M35 Sport

Picked up my Infiniti Certified 2002 Q45 for $23,500 on May 31. It has the premium package and 2 yrs/32K of warranty left so I'll be free of worries while enjoying a much needed upgrade from from my old 1996 Saab 9000. Driving to work is so much more enjoyable! Desert Platinum exterior with tan leather and light birdseye maple inside.

First thing I do will be to add Sirius. I've spent a few hours online and at some stereo shops trying to determine the best way to do this without spending a fortune. I think I'm going to end up pulling the stock tape deck and replace it with the new Sportster 4 and end up fabricating a little piece to keep the stock look. Anyone out there have any better ideas how to hard wire a Siruis unit and get MP3 option as well?

Any other sites out there for good info besides here?

-Bryan

brian'sinfiniti
Car: 2002 Infiniti Q-45

She is an 2002

jlgallag
Car: 2002 Q45 Premium, 1994 G20t, 2004 G35 Coupe

2002 Millenium Jade with Premium Package

I bought it about three years ago with 25K miles to replace the 1991 Q45 that I drove for the previous eleven years. Odometer is now about 37K miles. No mods. Great car.

Stevo6754

2002 Q45 Premium

Mods: 2x JL audio 12W6V2's pushed by 1x JL 1000/1 amp, dynomat on trunk lid, license plate, soon roof, Parrot Bluetooth kit, Sirius S50 satellite radio, and Harmon Kardon Ipod Intregration, both the satellite radio and harmon kardon using Fm direct to connect to my factory head unit.

Next mods in order- Viper 791x alarm with window modules, door poppers, mini pizos, mercury sensor, ordering a japan grill and gonna cut it up and mesh it out, trying to figure out how I would go about making a bentley style grill if possible, if not just go regular mesh, and then rims, hopefully Impul Aura SX-10's, then lowering it, tint the tail lights, two tone the interior, dunno where Ill go from there, maybe a body kit, but I doubt it, who knows. =)

My nice messy garage along with my in need of a wash Q45.

My harmon kardon Ipod integration (Screen above navigation, and control know next to shifter), Parrott bluetooth unit to the right of the navigation, and my s50 sirius radio next to the cassette player, (I gotta get rid of that cassette player =P)

Pics of my sub setup..

And the rims I plan on getting...

Also Widebodyq, awomse Q, if you could please post up close pics of your front bumper/grill, and gucci interior door handles I would greatly appreciate it, thanks.

mcrews

Stevo,

I am about to install the parrot.did you or a shop?

I have some ??? if you did it.....great job on the trunk

mcrewsq

M35 Eagles fan
Car: 2010 M35 Sport

Here is how I got rid of that useless tape deck, added my Sirius and have the ability to plug my mp3 player in...works pretty well after 1 month of use.

DuDro

WOW...you have a lot of stuff tacked onto the dash...

Nice choice in wheels! Are you planning to install the body kit as well?

Stevo6754

Yeah that is alot of stuff on my dash, although I tried to have it as smooth looking as possible without having wires all over the place. I dont plan on getting the body kit any time soon. I currently dont have the money but because my friends a former wheels dealer he may be able to hook me up with these or different rims.

Mcrew's, my bro is an installer at best buy, he installed my parrott kit and most of everything. Although I do know somewhat about how to do it I would be more than happy to ask him your question if I cant answer it.

Also I thought Id throw in that from now on Im not having anything installed on my car (audio/video/alarm) unless best buy does it. I know most people think that they arent very good because their not a custom audio shop but a chain store. But lemme tell ya, I had sound advice try and install my S50 sattellite radio and fm direct it into my stock head unit because I wouldnt trust bb but ends up sound advice installers couldnt even find the antenna wire!.... So I took it down to my bro and his head installer, (I know all the installers there) and the lead dude found the wire in 5 minutes and installed everything perfectly, my bros new so he cant work major installs. I dunno if its just this best buy but man, these installers have better cars and skills than most of the best custom audio shops in central fla. I realize now because they get more cars in constantly so their better at installing, they just dont do custom enclosures.And sound advice still charged me 100$ even though they couldnt find the antenna wire =( . Just thought Id vent and give a good word on bb. =)

mcrews

spent a lotta time trying to find a harness "plug n play" for the Parrot. parrots come from their factory with a "ISO" plug so the installer has to cut n splice.

Quick connect (howard over on FX35) makes custom harness for many cars and has a unique harness for the Infifniti/Bose......but the 02 Q45 (and newer ) has a different plug in than the standard Nissian/infiniti.

bottom line, after 4 weeks I found a custom shop familiar w both and they are installing it next monday.

BUT...does you parrot come thru 1 speaker or all speakers?did hehave to splice in or did he find a custom harness

enough for now....lol

btw...did you get the FSM on body parts i sent to your yahoo address.

mcrewsq

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”