Official 2011-13 M56/Q70 5.6L Timing Chain Recall Discussion

Forum for Infiniti M37, M56 M35h Hybrid and Q70 owners.
User avatar
reggiebrown40
Posts: 284
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:01 pm
Car: 2018 Q60 Red Sport
2011 M56X - Dead

Re: Official 2011-13 M56/Q70 5.6L Timing Chain Recall Discussion

Postby reggiebrown40 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:57 pm

Dmix wrote:
reggiebrown40 wrote:
If you complained to corporate I think it's automatic that you'll get a survey. I actually have gotten 2 surveys for 2 separate incidents.
So the dealership refuses to repair my car and are now hanging up on me and ignoring me when I call and email. When I contacted corporate they said "sorry but this is an issue you need to resolve with the dealership". So now I either have to go through insurance or take the dealership to court. Haven't decided what route to take yet.
Dmix, what's wrong with your car? I think you mentioned something about the paint in an earlier post. Did corporate open a ticket and try to contact the dealer to resolve your issue?


Dmix
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:58 am
Car: 2011 M56X
2006 350Z GT (sold)
1995 240SX Zenki (sold)

Re: Official 2011-13 M56/Q70 5.6L Timing Chain Recall Discussion

Postby Dmix » Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:13 am

reggiebrown40 wrote:
Dmix wrote:
So the dealership refuses to repair my car and are now hanging up on me and ignoring me when I call and email. When I contacted corporate they said "sorry but this is an issue you need to resolve with the dealership". So now I either have to go through insurance or take the dealership to court. Haven't decided what route to take yet.
Dmix, what's wrong with your car? I think you mentioned something about the paint in an earlier post. Did corporate open a ticket and try to contact the dealer to resolve your issue?
Yes they scratched up the paint really bad across the whole right side of the car.
When I emailed corporate they replied once saying that it is an issue between the dealership and myself and they will not be getting involved.

User avatar
reggiebrown40
Posts: 284
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:01 pm
Car: 2018 Q60 Red Sport
2011 M56X - Dead

Re: Official 2011-13 M56/Q70 5.6L Timing Chain Recall Discussion

Postby reggiebrown40 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:37 am

sorry to hear that. I thought you said they had repaired the damage.

Dmix
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:58 am
Car: 2011 M56X
2006 350Z GT (sold)
1995 240SX Zenki (sold)

Re: Official 2011-13 M56/Q70 5.6L Timing Chain Recall Discussion

Postby Dmix » Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:29 am

reggiebrown40 wrote:sorry to hear that. I thought you said they had repaired the damage.
They said they fixed it but when I went through the car wash it rinsed away the crayon they used to "fix" it.

DredM56
Posts: 114
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:21 am
Car: 2011 Infiniti M56 2004 Subaru Wrx STi

Re: Official 2011-13 M56/Q70 5.6L Timing Chain Recall Discussion

Postby DredM56 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:09 pm

Lol the dealer I bought my M pulled that on me. It had a bit of a scuff on the front fender. They said they would have it buffed out and fixed. When I picked it up it looked immaculate. After 2 washes the rash was back. It's whatever I got a good deal on the car and got quoted 200 to take care of it and a couple other small blemishes.

In your case that's trash.

Flaco_taco
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:09 am
Car: 2007 m35x tech and 2005 fx35

Re: Official 2011-13 M56/Q70 5.6L Timing Chain Recall Discussion

Postby Flaco_taco » Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:51 pm

Sorry if I didn't respond to any of you awhile back my phone got messed up , if any of you have any detailed questions on this recall shoot me a text

skov35
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:10 pm
Car: 2003 G35

Re: Official 2011-13 M56/Q70 5.6L Timing Chain Recall Discussion

Postby skov35 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:17 pm

Will the recall fix the problem long-term, or is this engine's life suspect?

Consumer Reports still gives the M "much better than average" reliability scores, I wonder if that will change once they get wind of the recall and chain replacements.

What do you guys think this recall means for the used M56 Market?

User avatar
Ilya
Moderator
Posts: 9540
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:20 pm
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.
Location: Tampa, FL
Contact:

Re: Official 2011-13 M56/Q70 5.6L Timing Chain Recall Discussion

Postby Ilya » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:21 pm

skov35 wrote:Will the recall fix the problem long-term, or is this engine's life suspect?

Consumer Reports still gives the M "much better than average" reliability scores, I wonder if that will change once they get wind of the recall and chain replacements.

What do you guys think this recall means for the used M56 Market?
Welcome to the forum.

I believe they check a couple of things on the motor to see if they have been affected and are 'too big a gap' or something. If they are, then the whole motor gets replaced. If not, then only the chain stuff is done and everything should be fine going forward.

User avatar
jd3rdcoast
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:23 pm
Car: 2013 M56S, K&N AF, Stillen Catback, Sport Pkg, Tech Pkg.
Location: Houston Area

Re: Official 2011-13 M56/Q70 5.6L Timing Chain Recall Discussion

Postby jd3rdcoast » Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:49 am

Local dealer actually contacted me to schedule the service couple months ago for my 2013 M56S. Since I was having no symptoms I got the lead mechanic to go for an aggressive drive with me to impress on them that there was Zero issues prior to handing over for the job. I told him I want it back in same condition or better. Happy to report returned after 1 week with no issues now after 2 months. I have had no complaints for Clear Lake Infiniti over past 8 yrs dealing with them.

skov35
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:10 pm
Car: 2003 G35

Re: Official 2011-13 M56/Q70 5.6L Timing Chain Recall Discussion

Postby skov35 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:04 pm

Should this deter anyone from picking up a used M56 if the work has already been done?

User avatar
Ilya
Moderator
Posts: 9540
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:20 pm
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.
Location: Tampa, FL
Contact:

Re: Official 2011-13 M56/Q70 5.6L Timing Chain Recall Discussion

Postby Ilya » Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:39 pm

skov35 wrote:Should this deter anyone from picking up a used M56 if the work has already been done?
Nope. I wouldn't worry about it as if anything went wrong it would go to the dealer for free to fix again.

Dmix
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:58 am
Car: 2011 M56X
2006 350Z GT (sold)
1995 240SX Zenki (sold)

Re: Official 2011-13 M56/Q70 5.6L Timing Chain Recall Discussion

Postby Dmix » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:34 pm

Lol wonderful update. My transmission lines blew and left me stranded on the highway. When the mechanic repaired it he said "whoever replaced your timing chain bent and banged up the lines causing them to blow" lol this Infiniti dealer is a joke.

Oh best part is it was -20°C and the tow truck service couldn't make it over till 7 hours later. While my 4 month old baby was with me. Thank god for Uber but still this has been one huge horrible Infiniti experience.

User avatar
Ilya
Moderator
Posts: 9540
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:20 pm
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.
Location: Tampa, FL
Contact:

Re: Official 2011-13 M56/Q70 5.6L Timing Chain Recall Discussion

Postby Ilya » Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:55 pm

Dmix wrote:Lol wonderful update. My transmission lines blew and left me stranded on the highway. When the mechanic repaired it he said "whoever replaced your timing chain bent and banged up the lines causing them to blow" lol this Infiniti dealer is a joke.

Oh best part is it was -20°C and the tow truck service couldn't make it over till 7 hours later. While my 4 month old baby was with me. Thank god for Uber but still this has been one huge horrible Infiniti experience.
Wow. That's terrible. Guess I should be extra thankful that the service department (not so much sales) at my place is by and large pretty good. I feel bad for some of ya'll.

BlackCat81
Posts: 422
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:09 am
Car: 2006 M35x
2003 Lexus GX470
Location: Mesa, AZ

Re: Official 2011-13 M56/Q70 5.6L Timing Chain Recall Discussion

Postby BlackCat81 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:38 pm

skov35 wrote:Will the recall fix the problem long-term, or is this engine's life suspect?

Consumer Reports still gives the M "much better than average" reliability scores, I wonder if that will change once they get wind of the recall and chain replacements.

What do you guys think this recall means for the used M56 Market?
It's a permanent fix. It's a much beefier set of chains.

Doing chains on an M56 is a breeze, the oil pan doesn't even have to come off since the oil pump is chain driven. QX56's have an oil pump that's driven by the crankshaft, and the pump doesn't clear the oil pan to be able to get the chains off and on.

skov35
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:10 pm
Car: 2003 G35

Re: Official 2011-13 M56/Q70 5.6L Timing Chain Recall Discussion

Postby skov35 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:38 pm

What about the lubrication issue, I thought there was something with the oil pumps not providing sufficient lubrication. Is that suspect at all?

BlackCat81
Posts: 422
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:09 am
Car: 2006 M35x
2003 Lexus GX470
Location: Mesa, AZ

Re: Official 2011-13 M56/Q70 5.6L Timing Chain Recall Discussion

Postby BlackCat81 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:27 pm

skov35 wrote:What about the lubrication issue, I thought there was something with the oil pumps not providing sufficient lubrication. Is that suspect at all?
Not that I've seen, unless you're referring to the noise that comes when the chains stretch. The pass side chain comes in contact with the metal oil jet, rubbing a large gash in it. If that's the case, the oil jet is replaced during the recall.

spmcpa
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:29 pm
Car: 2012 M56 and 2012 EX35

Re: Official 2011-13 M56/Q70 5.6L Timing Chain Recall Discussion

Postby spmcpa » Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:03 am

A question preferably for either Blackcat81 or VapingMadMechanic, an item that I have not seen clearly addressed yet in this thread. I have seen suggestions that most or all of the auto trans fluid may be replaced in conjunction with the repairs for the timing chain campaign.

Is that only for the AWD versions of the M56? In other words, if the vehicle is a 2WD M56 is it pretty much a given that the ATF will be changed out? Not at all likely that it will be changed out? Up to the tech's discretion that it will be changed out depending on his preference in executing the repair?

I ask because I sent my 2WD M56 in last week with instructions to perform the TC campaign repair and flush the trans. Mileage is exactly 50,000. The other local Infiniti dealer (now closed) only drained and refilled 3 quarts at the 40,000 mark.

I'm just curious if I should be paying for the auto trans flush (which I'll gladly do if appropriate) or whether it's not really needed because 75% or more of the fluid will be replaced anyways as part of the TC campaign.

Incidentally, this M56 had no engine or transmission driveability issues before being taken in for this service. Hoping it will return that way. Thanks for your input gentlemen.

User avatar
Ilya
Moderator
Posts: 9540
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:20 pm
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.
Location: Tampa, FL
Contact:

Re: Official 2011-13 M56/Q70 5.6L Timing Chain Recall Discussion

Postby Ilya » Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:46 am

spmcpa wrote:A question preferably for either Blackcat81 or VapingMadMechanic, an item that I have not seen clearly addressed yet in this thread. I have seen suggestions that most or all of the auto trans fluid may be replaced in conjunction with the repairs for the timing chain campaign.

Is that only for the AWD versions of the M56? In other words, if the vehicle is a 2WD M56 is it pretty much a given that the ATF will be changed out? Not at all likely that it will be changed out? Up to the tech's discretion that it will be changed out depending on his preference in executing the repair?

I ask because I sent my 2WD M56 in last week with instructions to perform the TC campaign repair and flush the trans. Mileage is exactly 50,000. The other local Infiniti dealer (now closed) only drained and refilled 3 quarts at the 40,000 mark.

I'm just curious if I should be paying for the auto trans flush (which I'll gladly do if appropriate) or whether it's not really needed because 75% or more of the fluid will be replaced anyways as part of the TC campaign.

Incidentally, this M56 had no engine or transmission driveability issues before being taken in for this service. Hoping it will return that way. Thanks for your input gentlemen.
Welcome to the forum!

Unfortunately, both of those members only log in every few months. You may be better off PM'ing them. Or maybe someone else will be able to assist with this question. I think, generally speaking, the service department should be able to ask the tech who'd likely do the job...unless you're uncomfortable asking them?

spmcpa
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:29 pm
Car: 2012 M56 and 2012 EX35

Re: Official 2011-13 M56/Q70 5.6L Timing Chain Recall Discussion

Postby spmcpa » Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:37 am

A question preferably for either Blackcat81 or VapingMadMechanic, an item that I have not seen clearly addressed yet in this thread. I have seen suggestions that most or all of the auto trans fluid may be replaced in conjunction with the repairs for the timing chain campaign.

Is that only for the AWD versions of the M56? In other words, if the vehicle is a 2WD M56 is it pretty much a given that the ATF will be changed out? Not at all likely that it will be changed out? Up to the tech's discretion that it will be changed out depending on his preference in executing the repair?

I ask because I sent my 2WD M56 in last week with instructions to perform the TC campaign repair and flush the trans. Mileage is exactly 50,000. The other local Infiniti dealer (now closed) only drained and refilled 3 quarts at the 40,000 mark.

I'm just curious if I should be paying for the auto trans flush (which I'll gladly do if appropriate) or whether it's not really needed because 75% or more of the fluid will be replaced anyways as part of the TC campaign.

Incidentally, this M56 had no engine or transmission driveability issues before being taken in for this service. Hoping it will return that way. Thanks for your input gentlemen.

User avatar
Ilya
Moderator
Posts: 9540
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:20 pm
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.
Location: Tampa, FL
Contact:

Re: Official 2011-13 M56/Q70 5.6L Timing Chain Recall Discussion

Postby Ilya » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:56 am

spmcpa wrote:A question preferably for either Blackcat81 or VapingMadMechanic, an item that I have not seen clearly addressed yet in this thread. I have seen suggestions that most or all of the auto trans fluid may be replaced in conjunction with the repairs for the timing chain campaign.

Is that only for the AWD versions of the M56? In other words, if the vehicle is a 2WD M56 is it pretty much a given that the ATF will be changed out? Not at all likely that it will be changed out? Up to the tech's discretion that it will be changed out depending on his preference in executing the repair?

I ask because I sent my 2WD M56 in last week with instructions to perform the TC campaign repair and flush the trans. Mileage is exactly 50,000. The other local Infiniti dealer (now closed) only drained and refilled 3 quarts at the 40,000 mark.

I'm just curious if I should be paying for the auto trans flush (which I'll gladly do if appropriate) or whether it's not really needed because 75% or more of the fluid will be replaced anyways as part of the TC campaign.

Incidentally, this M56 had no engine or transmission driveability issues before being taken in for this service. Hoping it will return that way. Thanks for your input gentlemen.
Is there a reason why you posted this twice, hours apart?

User avatar
armybrat
Posts: 545
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:43 am
Car: 2012 M56x with Tech Package (sold)
Custom 2-1/2" X-pipe exhaust with OEM sport mufflers
HPS intake hoses
Uprev tune
Location: Winston-Salem, NC

Re: Official 2011-13 M56/Q70 5.6L Timing Chain Recall Discussion

Postby armybrat » Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:51 am

spmcpa wrote:A question preferably for either Blackcat81 or VapingMadMechanic, an item that I have not seen clearly addressed yet in this thread. I have seen suggestions that most or all of the auto trans fluid may be replaced in conjunction with the repairs for the timing chain campaign.

Is that only for the AWD versions of the M56? In other words, if the vehicle is a 2WD M56 is it pretty much a given that the ATF will be changed out? Not at all likely that it will be changed out? Up to the tech's discretion that it will be changed out depending on his preference in executing the repair?

I ask because I sent my 2WD M56 in last week with instructions to perform the TC campaign repair and flush the trans. Mileage is exactly 50,000. The other local Infiniti dealer (now closed) only drained and refilled 3 quarts at the 40,000 mark.

I'm just curious if I should be paying for the auto trans flush (which I'll gladly do if appropriate) or whether it's not really needed because 75% or more of the fluid will be replaced anyways as part of the TC campaign.

Incidentally, this M56 had no engine or transmission driveability issues before being taken in for this service. Hoping it will return that way. Thanks for your input gentlemen.
I ran into this situation with my '12 M56x. Last year, I had a 60,000 mile service performed, and had all of my fluids replaced. Around 400 miles after that, I threw a P0024 exhaust valve timing code error, and luckily I was able to make it to my dealership. At that time, the recall had just been issued, and they went ahead and took me in that day and gave me a new Q70L loaner. According to the FSM, on the AWD models, the front final drive assembly has to be removed, which involves replacing the transmission fluid. If you're going to have the timing chains replaced, I wouldn't have the transmission fluid changed. BTW, the FSM calls for the drain and fill procedure, not flush. I personally wouldn't recommend the flush. I've seen transmissions ruined because of this...just my $0.02.

In a nutshell, I wasted money on the 60K service because most of the cost was fluid changes...bad "timing" LOL

bigsurfing
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:30 am
Car: Infiniti M37 sport (2013).

Re: Official 2011-13 M56/Q70 5.6L Timing Chain Recall Discussion

Postby bigsurfing » Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:51 am

So, my 2013 m37 sport just had a catastrophic failure over the weekend. No warning signs - I data log 24/7 off the obdid. No codes no check engine etc. heard a rattle and a minute later sounded like a rod went.

The car has 25k miles and maintained (i Co-founded mustangworld and been a race engineer in nascar and seen every kind of failure. From a new $70k tour motor tossing a rod into the pan on shake down lap 4 to you name it. Along with pioneering the first Dyno tuning software (injector pulse width to you name it)
Take any car - add forced induction of choice and injectors etc etc. wouldn’t be possible otherwise. And that wide band o2 is a requirement. But seen them blow up. Often due to pushing too much HP into a block and rotating assembly by made for the additional 300+ HP.

So the beauty. Infiniti without a tear down just denied the claim. Haha. Now I’m not worried about that end as legally they are on the wrong side, contractually and less putting it on a load bearing Dyno , draining all the fluids and blocking any air flow and running it at [email protected] at load for 3 hours .. maybe. (You be surprised).

Not to mention between myself, sister (who just did a national Nissan spot and dad. Easily 11 Infiniti’s (I’ve owned 44 cars in less year driving but I accounted for a Fx45 personally - rest mostly ford but Ben and benz in there too.

Yet to deny a claim on a 25k motor that was driven by a 71 year old man. (My dad gpassed in late 2016 (mom drives it now - and called me about the noise I went to check out and swap cars whilst I looked at it. So a well maintained car driven by 70 year olds to the store or UCLA hospital that year somehow caused the engine failure. It’s insulting to anyone’s intelligence.

Anyhow, not the 56 issue exactly bur similar. Never mind the tranny issues or that voice dial won’t recognize any digit over 6. Good luck dialing 911. Multiple visits no solution. They played games with the service description to thwart a lemon law Buy back. But it’ll be interesting. Got calls into the highest levels of corporate.

Just thought I’d note it. 0-failure in a day.

I’ll update the status as to Infiniti trying to weasel it of the warranty crate replacement. I just found it as egregious as anything I’ve seen in my many years in the auto world and racing.

Thanks

User avatar
Ilya
Moderator
Posts: 9540
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:20 pm
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.
Location: Tampa, FL
Contact:

Re: Official 2011-13 M56/Q70 5.6L Timing Chain Recall Discussion

Postby Ilya » Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:50 am

bigsurfing wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:51 am
So, my 2013 m37 sport just had a catastrophic failure over the weekend. No warning signs - I data log 24/7 off the obdid. No codes no check engine etc. heard a rattle and a minute later sounded like a rod went.

The car has 25k miles and maintained (i Co-founded mustangworld and been a race engineer in nascar and seen every kind of failure. From a new $70k tour motor tossing a rod into the pan on shake down lap 4 to you name it. Along with pioneering the first Dyno tuning software (injector pulse width to you name it)
Take any car - add forced induction of choice and injectors etc etc. wouldn’t be possible otherwise. And that wide band o2 is a requirement. But seen them blow up. Often due to pushing too much HP into a block and rotating assembly by made for the additional 300+ HP.

So the beauty. Infiniti without a tear down just denied the claim. Haha. Now I’m not worried about that end as legally they are on the wrong side, contractually and less putting it on a load bearing Dyno , draining all the fluids and blocking any air flow and running it at [email protected] at load for 3 hours .. maybe. (You be surprised).

Not to mention between myself, sister (who just did a national Nissan spot and dad. Easily 11 Infiniti’s (I’ve owned 44 cars in less year driving but I accounted for a Fx45 personally - rest mostly ford but Ben and benz in there too.

Yet to deny a claim on a 25k motor that was driven by a 71 year old man. (My dad gpassed in late 2016 (mom drives it now - and called me about the noise I went to check out and swap cars whilst I looked at it. So a well maintained car driven by 70 year olds to the store or UCLA hospital that year somehow caused the engine failure. It’s insulting to anyone’s intelligence.

Anyhow, not the 56 issue exactly bur similar. Never mind the tranny issues or that voice dial won’t recognize any digit over 6. Good luck dialing 911. Multiple visits no solution. They played games with the service description to thwart a lemon law Buy back. But it’ll be interesting. Got calls into the highest levels of corporate.

Just thought I’d note it. 0-failure in a day.

I’ll update the status as to Infiniti trying to weasel it of the warranty crate replacement. I just found it as egregious as anything I’ve seen in my many years in the auto world and racing.

Thanks
Welcome to the forum.

Yeah, Nissan's (Infiniti's) quality has TANKED. My dad's 2014 Pathfinder had the CVT crap itself at 4kmi. 4!

Keep us updated, wish you the best!

CurtisK
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:25 pm
Car: 2011 m56X

Re: Official 2011-13 M56/Q70 5.6L Timing Chain Recall Discussion

Postby CurtisK » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:24 pm

Hi all,

Did anyone on this site ever get notified about the recall in Canada or had the service performed here? I have a 2011 M56 that's getting close to 100k on the odometer and starting to get concerned if it was ever done.

User avatar
armybrat
Posts: 545
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:43 am
Car: 2012 M56x with Tech Package (sold)
Custom 2-1/2" X-pipe exhaust with OEM sport mufflers
HPS intake hoses
Uprev tune
Location: Winston-Salem, NC

Re: Official 2011-13 M56/Q70 5.6L Timing Chain Recall Discussion

Postby armybrat » Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:06 am

CurtisK wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:24 pm
Hi all,

Did anyone on this site ever get notified about the recall in Canada or had the service performed here? I have a 2011 M56 that's getting close to 100k on the odometer and starting to get concerned if it was ever done.
I don't know about Canada, but here in the US, I believe the oil jet/timing chain recall campaign ended earlier this year. You can have the dealer run the VIN, or probably call Infiniti Corporate to see if your car had the work done. I bought my car used with 52k miles; I never received any letters about the campaign. I know sometimes the original owners will receive recall letters, but not the new owners. I've received recall letters for cars I've sold in the past, so I know it can happen. Anyway, the car started running rough on the way home from work one day, so I immediately went to my dealer. It pulled a P0024 DTC which was an exhaust valve timing control issue. Lucky for me, I was informed that this DTC was caused by a faulty timing chain, and that the repair would be covered under the new recall campaign. I was the first M56 in the Winston-Salem area to have this work done. This was in May 2016. Hopefully yours was done if the original owner received the letter and took care of it. I wouldn't have known about it if my car hadn't acted up when it did.

Yoda's Master
Posts: 348
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:26 pm
Car: 2012 M56
2009 370z
Location: Rock in the middle of nowhere

Re: Official 2011-13 M56/Q70 5.6L Timing Chain Recall Discussion

Postby Yoda's Master » Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:23 pm

check your carfax. the carfax for my car showed the timing chain recall was performed.


Return to “Infiniti M37, M56, M35h Hybrid and Q70 Forum”