NRA needs to be labeled a terrorlst organization.

A place for intelligent and well-thought-out discussion involving politics and associated topics. No nonsense will be tolerated at all.
AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

srellim234 wrote:
Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:44 pm
Specifically where would you draw the line regarding what you would allow people to purchase, what you would or wouldn't background check, what you would include in those checks and should they apply to all transfers of ownership?
We've already covered this.

It's not incumbent upon the defense to make a case. You're the prosecution, you have to lay it out.

We did this, and the inevitable became clear.

Again, words like "allow," "check," and "transfer" ALL insinuate compliance, cooperation, enforcement, auditing, and oversight. You can write laws until Maxine Waters can say the word "gun" without having a seizure. They're words. Unenforceable, ineffective, and aside from what we came to terms with earlier, largely ceremonial.

BUT, if it'll shut up the mouthbreathing, illiterate hordes, and that little twatstain David Hogg, start writing. ;)

srellim234
Car: 2007 silver Versa SL
hatchback w/CVT
(sold 08/2011)
2008 red Toyota Prius
(purchased 04/2016)

AZ - The questions were directed at the other two but I do have one more question or two for you. As a libertarian how would you define an arm? Fully automatic rifles? Chemical arms? Grenades and bombs? If a billionaire wants one should he be allowed to buy a nuclear missile and a suitable plane or ship to deliver it?

Should we do away with all traffic laws? Traffic laws are ineffective and ceremonial to the majority of the people on the road, enforced only upon the very few who have the unlucky fortune of violating one of those laws in front of an LEO. Oh, and it will be enforced on the guy who ran down the motorcycle rider at the I-15 and 138 this afternoon. We arrived at the scene a few minutes after it happened. All the other idiots who were speeding, tailgating and making unsafe lane changes ignored the laws and got away with it so I guess those safety laws shouldn't exist at all.

BTW, I wish the ignorant voters in that district had never even heard of Maxine Waters. The only thing you can say positive about her is that she represents her district well. The idiots elected the head idiot to represent them.

I'm not even paying attention to that idiot in Florida is saying either. His 15 minutes of fame will be up shortly.

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

You kinda answered your own question. If no one is materially harmed, they have no grievance. I think I was clear earlier: I'll defend my home as I see fit. I do not care what you do. It does not affect me, or anyone else. What is in my home is not your concern. What is in your home is not my concern.

Where you put your pecker is not my concern. What you eat, drink, watch, ingest, or partake in, as long as it does not materially harm another person, is none of my damn business.

As regards your "billionaire" question... how ironic. You mean billionaires that aren't world leaders? :) Private owners? I guess the scientific community would have to get involved there. Again, market forces might dictate that. But truth be told, there's already a black market for those type of things. Kinda hard to stay on the DL when you're buying a nuke. It's not something that one person can do - requires a team, and that's tough to assemble without someone blabbing. Market forces would rapidly "link up" to restrict that person's craziness.

Traffic laws? Absolutely. Most of them are redundant and illogical. The free market has a remarkable way of governing behavior, based NOT on a fear of punitive action from an impotent bunch of elected idiots, but on a market that will demand retribution in the event of trespass (insurance companies, attorneys, and civil damages). If you're not going to ticket someone for 1mph over, don't ticket anyone. Speeding is speeding. If there's an acceptable overage, take the signs down, or edit them. It's idiocy, and we've been brainwashed into thinking it's logical. We could go on about this, but it's a different topic for a different thread.

Your "rant" about the other drivers operating in an unsafe manner is lightly flawed. See, you alone are not the determinant of what is safe, unsafe, legal, illegal, or 'idiotic.'

Did "all the other idiots" crash? See, a crash would be prima facie evidence ("Hey honey, what's that mean?") of unsafe actions. If I take my mother to a SCCA event, she'd think all the drivers had a death wish or were drunk - when nothing could be further from the truth.

Are you an idiot, or are you 100% by-the-book when you drive? That's not me labeling you - I wouldn't. You labeled them, so in fairness, you'd have to include yourself (unless you're Andy Taylor behind the wheel).

Eye of the beholder, man. I sure wish I was worthy of walking you down this road - I fear I'm not smart enough to do my position justice, and for that, I'm sorry.

flartius
Car: 1996 - Nissan 240sx SE RB25DET
2008 - Yamaha YZF-R6 - SOLD
2007 - Ford F150 FX4

To me I find the whole movement that went on this weekend and the argument to be nothing more than a politically controlled/media induced fad. The kids just want to be apart of something bigger than themselves.

In 2016 there was 10,497 deaths in DUI related automobile crashes. That is 28% of all traffic fatalities were alcohol related, and furthermore, 1,233 children 14 and under were killed according to the NHTSA. Yet you don't hear politicians screaming to ban cars, or the sale of alcohol. Why? Because the banning of the second amendment isn't about our safety or the safety of our children and schools. It is about a political agenda to disarm the population. If we wanted our schools to be safe we could've done it years ago, seriously we could have easily done this decades ago but its not about that. How do we protect our banks, airports, our POLITICIANS? We give them armed security that follows them around everywhere they go. But our schools? We write words on a piece of paper with a signature and place a sheet metal sign out front that says 'You can't have a gun within 2,000 feet of this property' and hope everyone can read.

I'm with you, again I am all for responsible gun ownership, just like responsible car/phone ownership. However, I don't feel like banning and repossessing a firearm because it is the 'big mean scary weapon of war' is the correct way to do it. The second amendment is here for us to protect ourselves from the government, not deer and coyotes. I am a tin foil hat guy when it comes to taking my rights away, as previously mentioned a few posts back, I think it is a slippery slope once you give the government that authority to decide that we no longer need certain rights/freedoms or how far those freedoms extend.

ca18det_boy

srellim234 wrote:
Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:44 pm

The shotgun was actually suggested by LEOs here. It covers a doorway effectively and the fact that a wall will stop the shot is part of the reason, too. The bullet isn't passing through to adjacent rooms or buildings and hitting innocent people there.
I've read over the posts that were made throughout the weekend, but this one really jumped out at me. There are so many things wrong with this statement it's not even funny. First and foremost, yes a shotgun is excellent for home defense due to the fact that it will cover a doorway/hallway very well. Not to mention that if you're disturbed from your slumber, there isn't a whole lot of thought in using one and it's a point in the general direction and fire weapon. With that being said, let me address the isses that I have with the rest of what you wrote. Shotguns don't use "bullets". They use slugs or shot. Second, I'm assuming that you aren't super familiar with firearms simply due to the fact that you don't know ballistics. Any 12g shell that you chamber will go through drywall. It's simply a matter of distance. At close range, birdshot (clay shot) will blow a 1/2" min hole through a regular wall. At any distance beyond close range, bird shot will wound but not disable. That means you're just going to really piss off the person who broke into your house. If you're talking about slugs or buckshot, not only will it go through a wall, but it's still terminally lethal on the other side of the wall.

You keep advocating for more legistlature despite the abundance of information thrown at you (that you refuse to acknowledge), and yet you ask what we would do for gun reform. Here's my answer for that situation. Nothing. There are plenty of gates in place to keep the hands out of people who shouldn't own firearms, however, individuals who aren't familiar with the process seem to draw clouded conclusions in regards to the ease of legally obtaining a firearm. In order to properly combat legal gun ownership, education needs to happen for the people who want reform so that they can understand the process that is currently in place in it's entirety. If they wanted to ban private sales, I would be ok with that. I have no problem going to an FFL for a firearm that I wanted to purchase, and I have nothing to hide. If you wanted to raise the age to purchase a firearm to 21, I wouldn't see a point in it...but it would be ok with that if they raised the voting age to 21. As for flat out banning semi-auto firearms because they offend delicate people....I'm not ok with that.

I've said it many times before, but somehow it keeps getting lost in your interpretation of what I write. Proper parenting is the key to stopping this! Now I know you're going to bring up the Vegas shooter (because that's your only argument to my statement), stupid young people who refuse to apply common sense to life are most likely making grumpy old men even more irritated with the sheer ignorance of individuals in this day and age. You can only handle so much stupid until you simply go off the deep end. That aside, "there were many warning signs about this man, but nobody attempted to get him help". Now just in case you're wondering why the quote marks...well this is simple. I think there's other things in play in regards to that situation. I find it especially hard to believe the "facts" surrounding that situation and I believe that there is more than what is being portrayed on the news happening there. However, you need to have a PROPER understanding of firearms, ballistics, and security procedures before you try to argue with fact with me.

You said the Austin b0mber was responsible for the attacks, but not the package or contents.....this is a great way of arguing something that doesn't reflect your ideas. So if a gun isn't involved, then it's the person not the weaon. But when a scary gun is involved, it's the guns fault? C'mon man, you lost all of your argument pages ago...why keep going?

All in all, at the end of the day the people can complain and the government can write whatever legislature they want. But people who currently own them aren't going to just hand over their guns, and people who want guns are still going to find a way to get them. So there isn't a way to enforce whatever they write into legislature. California has the most laws on the books overall. Yet car enthusiasts still get "illegal" parts and run them, drugs are still a huge issue, and crime is high in certain parts of the state. California also throws up the middle finger to the Federal government and breaks Federal law with whatever they want to do, yet they're not held accountable for their actions. So what makes you think that any of this "assault weapons/semi-auto" ban talk will make a difference?

AZhitman
Administrator

That just about sums it up.

BTW, the hilarity of the hypocrisy whining about "clear backpacks" has not been lost on most of us:

"It's none of your business what's in my backpack - I have a right to what's in there, and you're invading my privacy."

"It's none of your business what's in my pocket / glove box / nightstand / gun cabinet. I have a right to what's in there, and you're invading my privacy."

"BUT your gun can be used to kill people."

"That's exactly why we need to see what's in your backpack. Oh, BTW, those are handy for breezing through the TSA line. You're welcome."

"BUT my feminine hygiene products!"

"No problem. We'll install a dispenser in the restrooms. BOTH restrooms, since you nitwits can't decide what you are."

Problem solved. The bill is in the mail. :)

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

flartius wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:45 am
To me I find the whole movement that went on this weekend and the argument to be nothing more than a politically controlled/media induced fad. The kids just want to be apart of something bigger than themselves.
a.k.a sheeple. There were exaggerated claims that as many as 800,000 marched on Washington alone. In truth it was closer to 200,000 of which the youth in attendance represented 10% of that number. The bulk of the attendees were paid agitators and other malcontents. Their poster boy David Hogg now admits that he wasn't in school at the time of the shooting, contradicting a previous statement he'd made. The whole “March For Our Lives” rally reeks of being a DNC political stunt.

The CDC says 4,600 kids commit suicide EACH YEAR because of bullying. I think it would be far more beneficial to have a march against bullying than having a march to take the 2nd Amendment away. But there's no political agenda involved in that.

macgiver

an inanimate object , the gun ,and you look at all the sheeple at the march is where most / all the work & betterment need be done - " the call is coming from inside the house " .

telcoman
Car: Tesla 2022 Model Y, 2016 Q70 Bye 2012 G37S 6 MT w Nav 94444 mi bye 2006 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6 MT @171796 mi.

The time has come!

Correct the error and misuse.

John Paul Stevens:
Repeal the Second Amendment

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/27/opin ... dment.html

The 18th amendment turned out to be a terrible mistake and it was repealed.

https://www.history.com/topics/18th-and-21st-amendments

The second amendment has also turned out to be a terrible mistake and should be repealed.

Telcoman

ca18det_boy

telcoman wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:26 am
The time has come!

Correct the error and misuse.

John Paul Stevens:
Repeal the Second Amendment

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/27/opin ... dment.html

The 18th amendment turned out to be a terrible mistake and it was repealed.

https://www.history.com/topics/18th-and-21st-amendments

The second amendment has also turned out to be a terrible mistake and should be repealed.

Telcoman

Your second reference flat out admits that "banning" alcohol was a mistake.

"Under Prohibition, the illegal manufacture and sale of liquor–known as “bootlegging”–occurred on a large scale across the United States. In urban areas, where the majority of the population opposed Prohibition, enforcement was generally much weaker than in rural areas and smaller towns. Perhaps the most dramatic consequence of Prohibition was the effect it had on organized crime in the United States: as the production and sale of alcohol went further underground, it began to be controlled by the Mafia and other gangs, who transformed themselves into sophisticated criminal enterprises that reaped huge profits from the illicit liquor trade".

Let us not forget....

"Prohibition proved difficult to enforce and failed to have the intended effect of eliminating crime and other social problems–to the contrary, it led to a rise in organized crime, as the bootlegging of alcohol became an ever-more lucrative operation. In 1933, widespread public disillusionment led Congress to ratify the 21st Amendment, which repealed Prohibition."

So your second reference essentially states that they created a ban, it backfired on a national scale, and then they said "uh...we're sorry" and changed it back. Much like exactly what would happen if they did manage to repeal the 2A. Thank you for seeing the light of what would actually happen. The first reference that you posted is nothing more than an opinionated statement from a journalist. Not only is it opiniontated, but it lacks factual content as to why the 2A should be repealed. Good try though man. Are there any windows there that require a good licking?

AZhitman
Administrator

Aaron, meet Howie.

He posts lots of links, mostly from echo chamber libtard sites. Doesn't comprehend most of what he posts, can't defend his position, and gets distracted easily by the latest social justice issue on CNN.

However, he did serve our country, for which I am appreciative and respectful.

...with a gun, I'd assume, unless he's old enough to have been in the Fife and Drum Corps. ;)

telcoman
Car: Tesla 2022 Model Y, 2016 Q70 Bye 2012 G37S 6 MT w Nav 94444 mi bye 2006 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6 MT @171796 mi.

AZhitman wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:47 pm
Aaron, meet Howie.
However, he did serve our country, for which I am appreciative and respectful.

...with a gun, I'd assume, unless he's old enough to have been in the Fife and Drum Corps. ;)
Prior to the US Army putting a M16 rifle in the hands of 22 year old recruits in basic training we were given days of classroom training on the use of this semi automatic weapon of war prior to a visit to the range to actually fire it. Anyone with mental problems was quickly discharged.

It is too bad that the NRA and the right wingnuts have exploited and misused the second amendment to allow the mentally challenged 18 year old's to purchase a weapon of war to shoot up schools, movie theaters, concerts, and churches killing our nations youth and adults.

The time has come to repeal the second amendment and keep weapons of war out of the hands of people that are unqualified to possesses such weapons.

As far as my age goes I am old enough to remember marching against the Viet Nam war when our government was feeding the American people bullshyt that the Pentagon Papers finally exposed. (Thank you New York Times).
Since the present adults in power in the pockets of the NRA are unable to to resolve the gun problem in this country, the seventeen and eighteen year old's as well as those still in grammar school are going to fix it with a simple solution.

VOTE THEM OUT?

Telcoman

flartius
2007 - Ford F150 FX4

telcoman wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:13 am
As far as my age goes I am old enough to remember marching against the Viet Nam war when our government was feeding the American people bullshyt
Sounds oddly familiar to today's 'statistics' on gun crime/mass shootings. They leave out so many details to paint a picture in the light of their choosing. Not a new tactic, in fact, both sides do it on a daily basis to pass their own agenda.

AZhitman
Administrator

Howie, those kids can't follow simple logic, so they're not changing anything. They don't even know what bathroom to use.

If you can't define "weapon of war," then you're unqualified to weigh in. Simple as that.

If you can't define "mental problems," then you're unqualified to weigh in. Simple as that.

If you can't define "gun problem," then you're unqualified to weigh in. Simple as that.

We've gone well over your head here. I keep holding out hope that you'll bring something interesting to the table, and I'm continually disappointed.

MikeRL411
Car: 1997J30T, 1967RL411

WELL SAID !

MikeRL411

"Gun Control" means that you have practiced enough that you can hit your target on the first shot !

MikeRL411

"A well regulated militia' is not the National Guard ! First, the militia is every able bodied male over the age of 18 and up to 60. "Well Regulated" means that they have practised enough that they can effectively fire their weapons. Those of you who have spent time in various service boot camps [and those of you who don't know the delights of boot camp should have to undergo this rite] had to spend at least a full day at the firing range with a small card attached to your weapon, be it a 1903 Springfield, a M1 Garand or a M16. Why? You were REGULATING YOUR WEAPON ! You learned how to adjust the sights to hit the target at various ranges. That is what "Regulated " really means .

MikeRL411

Hey Telcoman! The M16 is a selectable full 3 shot burst or semi automatic , not just semi-automatic rifle. Get your basic facts right or fade away!

AZhitman
Administrator

Hey Telco - Listen to your elders! ;)

Mike's dropping some knowledge in here.

telcoman

AZhitman wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:32 pm
Hey Telco - Listen to your elders! ;)

Mike's dropping some useless knowledge in here. (Fixed Mike's quote)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M16_rifle

I'm sure Mike's useless knowledge will be much appreciated by the 78% of Americans that do not own any type of gun and especially the millions of high school and middle school student who have seen their friends shot to death by the mentally unfit that are able to acquire weapons with lack of maturity,lack of proper training, lack of background checks, or lack of waiting periods.

The millions of students that previously had no idea what they wanted to do when they got older now have a very strong goal.

I wonder if Laura Ingraham will be following in Bill O'Reilly's footsteps? :bigthumb:

https://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/n ... ontroversy

Telcoman

flartius
2007 - Ford F150 FX4

telcoman wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:24 am
The millions of students that previously had no idea what they wanted to do when they got older now have a very strong goal.
Last month Tide pods had to be put under lock and key because of these same kids, this month they are all experts on constitutional rights and march against fundamentals and principles that they have no clue about. Why? Because they are educated by liberal universities who also believe that socialism is the greatest thing since sliced bread. Then furthermore the mainstream media and politicians who, also have no clue what they are talking about when it comes to firearms and their capabilities, get unlimited air time spouting out about "The evils of this dark and devastating weapon of war"... LIke any of those cowards know a thing about war. They send someone else to fight for their freedom, the freedom to open their c*** holsters and try to speak out against my rights.

The real hypocrisy of the whole thing is when they are up talking about the evils of guns and gun owners, and yes they have directly pointed out us as gun owners being the enemy. Once they get done with their little feel good speech of ignorance and hate what do they do? They hide behind their armed security guards, because their life is more important than mine, or your life, or a student's life. See they are just like you Telco, they are all too willing to give up someone else's freedom because they themselves aren't having to give anything up.

I hear things like "ghost gun", "clips", "AR-15 which stands for Assault Rifle", "The AR-15 with its military selector switch allows it to empty a full clip in half a second". I have a really hard time listening to people, much like yourself, who not only has no clue what they are talking about banning, but refuses to educate themselves on it. You want to guarantee security? Look at the most secure locations on the planet and I bet you will see active measures of security, not signs and signed pieces of paper saying 'gun free zone'.

ca18det_boy

flartius wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:09 am
telcoman wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:24 am
Last month Tide pods had to be put under lock and key because of these same kids, this month they are all experts on constitutional rights and march against fundamentals and principles that they have no clue about. Why? Because they are educated by liberal universities who also believe that socialism is the greatest thing since sliced bread. Then furthermore the mainstream media and politicians who, also have no clue what they are talking about when it comes to firearms and their capabilities, get unlimited air time spouting out about "The evils of this dark and devastating weapon of war"... LIke any of those cowards know a thing about war. They send someone else to fight for their freedom, the freedom to open their c*** holsters and try to speak out against my rights.

The real hypocrisy of the whole thing is when they are up talking about the evils of guns and gun owners, and yes they have directly pointed out us as gun owners being the enemy. Once they get done with their little feel good speech of ignorance and hate what do they do? They hide behind their armed security guards, because their life is more important than mine, or your life, or a student's life. See they are just like you Telco, they are all too willing to give up someone else's freedom because they themselves aren't having to give anything up.

I hear things like "ghost gun", "clips", "AR-15 which stands for Assault Rifle", "The AR-15 with its military selector switch allows it to empty a full clip in half a second". I have a really hard time listening to people, much like yourself, who not only has no clue what they are talking about banning, but refuses to educate themselves on it. You want to guarantee security? Look at the most secure locations on the planet and I bet you will see active measures of security, not signs and signed pieces of paper saying 'gun free zone'.

Mic drop.....

Howie,

I also served and am a veteran of OIF. Based off of what you've written, I think I have a pretty good bead on your personality and how you conduct yourself. I will say that since I actively used an M16 in a warzone, I have no problem with them being on the streets of the US. An AR-15 is not an M16, let alone a good marksman isn't going to waste all of their ammo on 3 rd burst or full auto. If someone wnats to cause bodily harm to another person, they're going to find a way to do it regardless of the weapon of choice. You seem to think that your biased objective evidence has some bearing on this conversation. I'm truely disappointed that you aren't willing to see things from the other side of the fence and that you fail to look at evidence provided. Per your own reference, a ban will never work simply due to the fact that there's no way to enforce it and the American people won't give them up. End of story, Now go find a rally to cry about things in.

telcoman

ca18det_boy wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:17 am
........ a ban will never work simply due to the fact that there's no way to enforce it and the American people won't give them up. End of story, Now go find a rally to cry about things in.
You mean like the one "March for our Lives"
Would you like to see a photo of my T shirt that I got on my recent trip to Florida where I had a discussion with someone whose 14 year old nephew was shot and killed in Marjory Stoneman Douglass High School?
I have experience in marching as I marched during Viet Nam due to government bullshyt and we are hearing bullshyt again over guns, Trump, tariffs, and from you.

Never say never.

The republicans presently hold the entire congress and the presidency but this will not be forever.
The last republican that crashed the economy handed two terms to Obama.

The 78 percent of Americans that do not own guns and the millions of newly registered voters are going to respond and you and some others are not going to be happy with the results. The second amendment could eventually get repealed?
Perhaps you should be buying more guns before it does?

And back about speaking of guns

Remington's Bankruptcy Leaves Questions, Uncertainty In Rockingham County

http://wunc.org/post/remingtons-bankrup ... y#stream/0

And speaking of crashing the economy

&P 500 drops 3%, Dow loses 750 points as Amazon leads tech shares lower

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/04/02/us-stoc ... asdaq.html

And finally are you one of those that gets your fake news from a Sinclair owned station?

Sinclair Broadcast Group's 'false news' promo, which it made news anchors recite, goes viral

http://www.latimes.com/business/hollywo ... story.html

Telcoman

ca18det_boy

telcoman wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:44 am
ca18det_boy wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:17 am
........ a ban will never work simply due to the fact that there's no way to enforce it and the American people won't give them up. End of story, Now go find a rally to cry about things in.
You mean like the one "March for our Lives"
Would you like to see a photo of my T shirt that I got on my recent trip to Florida where I had a discussion with someone whose 14 year old nephew was shot and killed in Marjory Stoneman Douglass High School?
I have experience in marching as I marched during Viet Nam due to government bullshyt and we are hearing bullshyt again over guns, Trump, tariffs, and from you.

Never say never.

The republicans presently hold the entire congress and the presidency but this will not be forever.
The last republican that crashed the economy handed two terms to Obama.

The 78 percent of Americans that do not own guns and the millions of newly registered voters are going to respond and you and some others are not going to be happy with the results. The second amendment could eventually get repealed?
Perhaps you should be buying more guns before it does?

And back about speaking of guns

Remington's Bankruptcy Leaves Questions, Uncertainty In Rockingham County

http://wunc.org/post/remingtons-bankrup ... y#stream/0

And speaking of crashing the economy

&P 500 drops 3%, Dow loses 750 points as Amazon leads tech shares lower

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/04/02/us-stoc ... asdaq.html

And finally are you one of those that gets your fake news from a Sinclair owned station?

Sinclair Broadcast Group's 'false news' promo, which it made news anchors recite, goes viral

http://www.latimes.com/business/hollywo ... story.html

Telcoman
Thanks for offering to share a picture of your protest t-shirt. I think I'll pass on seeing it, being as I really don't care about your wardrobe. I'm happy that you felt the freedom that was granted to you by the people who have died in service to march in protest. It's really great to see you excerising that right. You twice mentioned Vietnam, I'm not so sure why you keep mentioning it...but go ahead and feel proud about it. So if you're so anti-government and want to protest everything...why did you join the service? We're not here to talk about Obama or the "amazing" job that he did while in term, so I'm not sure why you're referencing that. You also say that 78% of Americans don't own firearms....I think you might want to fact check that statistic. So now let's talk about these references...

Your WUNC reference is more credible than your CNBC or LA times reference. Yet again, lets work on where you get your research from. You want to know where I get my news from? Nowhere from the US. I get all of my news from international journalists. Then, once I find something that I think is interesting, I'll go on a fact checking mission to ensure that I'm being told correct news. I don't trust the US media, and I definitely don't trust a newspaper. So before you go making assumptions, you would do right to ask a couple questions.

Now to discuss why I say a ban will never work. There are too many firearms in circulation around the US. Therefore, even if they made them illegal, there's no way to insure that all of the firearms are taken off the streets. Furthermore, people just aren't going to give them up. So the only way that they could possibly make something work, would be if they were to do a 1986 machinegun ban all over again. If you already have the firearms, then you're grandfathered in. That way they simply stop the further sale of these firearms. However, none of this will ever happen. You will never get the states to come together to agree on this. Now the wonderful folks in NY, CA, and IL won't have any power over this since there isn't an electoral college in regards to this. So keep on marching Nancy, nothing is going to happen. All you and your friends are doing is irritating the rest of the population. There are plently of other ways to solve this situation, but your side doesn't care to listen and you all think that you know whats best for the rest of the country.

Thanks for the suggestion to go and purchase more firearms. I think I will. I should probably buy another safe also. The two that I have are already overflowing.

Hey Greg, do you still have that pea-shooter that you were thinking about selling? I might have to bring some cash over to you for it. My 2 year old needs a pistol to go with the rifle I got him last year. BTW, that new gun store that opened up around the corner is having a sale. I think I'm going to take Howie's suggestion and go get another AR and another pistol. I'm bored with the other 12. Wanna go get some beer and go gun shopping?

AZhitman
Administrator

Oh, Howie.

According to the Pew Resarch Center, http://www.pewsocialtrends.org/2017/06/ ... ownership/, 69% of Americans don't own a gun.

Guess what? I'm in that 69%, and I own a gun. OMG! In fact, I can think of at LEAST 10 friends who own a gun and they'd never think of telling anyone besides their spouse that they own a gun.

See, it's none of your business what I own. Just like it's none of my business what you do in your house. Countless people in America aren't as clueless as you. Many of us would never comply with some stupid survey anyway. It's none of your business what my race, sexual preference, voting record, income, or favorite ice cream is.

Why do you think anyone should have that information? And why do you think it's reliable?

You didn't trust the government then, but you trust them now? What changed? ANSWER THAT QUESTION.

Every one of the legislative "changes" that you think NEED to be implemented already exists. THEY ALREADY EXIST.

How is that so hard for you to get through your thick skull? While emotional little hand-wringers are whining and crying about their feelings, those of us who understand sociology, psychology, and the history of this nation are using statistics, logic, and water-tight definitions to make decisions.

I don't give a damn that you talked to the second-cousin's great nephew of the boyfriend of the neighbor of a shooting victim. Big f***ing deal. They're not an expert. If you get hit by a car, are you an expert on traffic laws?

Pick up a history book and you’ll realize what happens when you give up freedoms. Even one. The same morons who sent you abroad are the ones whose sack you're currently swinging from. What changed?

If you could come up with ONE single solitary suggestion that would make a difference, you wouldn't be the laughingstock of this section. When everyone in the room thinks you're full of crap, you have to consider the possibility that they just might be right. :)

flartius
2007 - Ford F150 FX4

Just to add a little insult to injury....

So "The millions of students that previously had no idea what they wanted to do when they got older now have a very strong goal." who are so inspirational and so cutting edge on what the whole country needs to be doing. Kids wise beyond their years, wanna know what the new thing is?

Take a guess....

Ladies and gentlemen for your entertainment pleasure may I present: The condom snorting challenge!!!!

Yes, this is the new tide pod challenge....

:facepalm:

telcoman

ca18det_boy wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:05 pm

...why did you join the service?
I didn't join! I was drafted but I didn't apply for phony deferments to avoid serving my country like Trump.

The military gave me a free trip to Germany where I purchased my first foreign vehicle. I then discovered what pieces of shyt American vehicles had become. Never purchased another American vehicle. Also discovered American Government lies about the war.
Now we have a president that lies and gives out bullshyt just like Fox and Sinclair Broadcasting.
People like you and greg believe it.

Telcoman

telcoman

It didn't take very long.

More guns = more shootings

Source: Active shooter, multiple injuries at YouTube headquarters

http://abc7news.com/

Laura Ingraham is on it! Oh wait she is on a Bill O'Reilly type of vacation ;)

Telcoman

ca18det_boy

telcoman wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:15 am
Also discovered American Government lies about the war.
Now we have a president that lies and gives out bullshyt just like Fox and Sinclair Broadcasting.
People like you and greg believe it.

Telcoman
You state that the government lies about war, but yet you trust them and the media with statistics? C'mon man, you're poking holes in your arguement. You state that the president lies and give out BS, A) It's nice that you're intimately familiar with all the facts of the POTUS because they would never lie about things like "fast and furious" where your beloved president snuck weapons into Mexico right? B) It's nice that you still assume that Greg and I watch Fox and Sinclair broadcasting. I'm pretty sure I've previously stated where I get my news information from and how I sift through the BS. However, you still don't bother to understand posts in their entirety prior to posting and continue to make yourself look silly in regards to this discussion. You continue to fail at making legitimate posts in regards to this discussion, and you're slowly creeping onto name calling like we're on the playground. For being a mature gentleman, you sure are acting pretty juvenile about this. I don't know how else to explain how you and your kind are wrong in regards to this situation. I've provided objective evidence and proper rebuttals to your arguement, but you still fail to even acknowledge that we might be on to something. I find your closed mindedness disturbing. It was previously brought up that the Vegas shooter was an older man. YOU, Howie, are the type of person (simply based on how you've written your arguement) who I could see doing a shooting simply to "prove a point". I'm not accusing you of doing anything or planning anything, but you seem like the type of person who will learn them conservatives a good lesson. I'm doing my best to play nice with you out of respect. You're really starting to make it difficult though. I think it would be beneficial to the discussion if you would at least acknowledge and properly respond to other posts.

AZhitman
Administrator

You can trade YOUR freedom for a delusion of security. I support that right.

You do NOT have the right to make that decision for me. Period. End of discussion, get off my lawn, quit crying, full-stop, done.

Howie, do you run around telling women they have to be screened before having an abortion? Why not? What if they're not capable of understanding the gravity of that decision?

Or are you still just regurgitating the nonsense that's been poured down your throat like so much indefensible liberal pablum?

I don't even watch TV, so once again, you're making stuff up. I'll bet you flounce around in front of the mirror after one of your copy/paste posts, assured that you "made a point." Five years later, we're still waiting.

We get it. You hate America. You whine about American cars (you don't even know what's built where). You whine about American politicians, but only the ones who don't match your fruity shade of blue. You suck off the DNC but forget who sent you off to Southeast Asia. You didn't apply for a deferment because they wouldn't accept it completed in crayon.

You claim to understand these things, yet repeatedly prove you'd fail American Gov't 101 and wouldn't even know there to sit in a CON LAW class.
Yet here you are, mooching off a system that rewards half-stepping 3rd-place finishers and beta whiners. Pack your crap - I'm sure Nicaragua would welcome you with open arms (or does that word trigger you)?

Return to “Politics Etc.”