Not "complaints" just "comments" on how the G37C could be better.

Dedicated to the G37 Convertible. This forum is for convertible-only content that is NOT covered in the other G-Series forums.
SteveTheTech
Car: 15 Sentra SR
12 G37x Coupe
-Formerly-
05 Mazda 6 L3 Sport, 95 J30, 94 D22

Love my BB but the camera is worse than my old flip phone

Here is some actual pictures that show what I was talking about. The Bridgeport Schrader type tire sensor actually melts. Ill try to get some more high res shots of the damage to the sensor on Monday. The dealer will typically not warranty this if fix-a-flat is in the tire. Don't ever try to hide this as there are potential health risks to the technicians from having compressed chemicals inside a pressurized tire.

Potomac-Greg
Car: 2009 G37 Convertible

bschurr wrote:one more comment- it would be nicee if the turn signal indicator automatically blinked 3 times when tapped. This is a handy feature when changing lanes while driving...
Are you a current/former Mercedes owner? I really do love that feature! Once you get used to it, you really miss it.

Poyzinous
Car: 2004 G35x Premium 1976 Classic Red 36 inch #18 Radio Flyer Wagon...

The mitsubishi I rented in Puerto Rico did that as well. I think its a feature that may make it in the industry all around. Weird, as I wished I had jumped on that a few years ago. I mentioned an idea once about 4, almost 5 years ago to have turn signals programmed that way.

Potomac-Greg
Car: 2009 G37 Convertible

A couple more areas for improvement:

1. The trunk lid could use a little strut assist, or a spring to pop it up an inch. (Mine's also squeaking very loudly on both sides.)

2. The "DS" setting in the transmission is really goofy. Sometimes it operates like the "D" setting, but if you get on it a bit, it holds gears for WAY too long. It will hold a lower gear (3? 4?) forever, screaming along at 50 MPH at 4,000 RPM no matter how light your toe is on the gas. I don't see why it doesn't relent and upshift after 5 or 10 seconds. I've done plenty of driving on-track, and even had an automatic transmission on track in the past; and I really don't see how this shift logic makes sense.

And while it's been beaten to death by me and others, I just need to restate that the seatbelt / buckle situation is a real disaster and it's not user error. I've got a bunch of nasty dings in the door panel, and I don't know that it makes sense to bring it in unless there is a long-term fix. I think a tighter seat belt return spring is the answer. Maybe.

On a positive note, my squeak in the roof went away. Go figure. And yes I still love the car.

DaviddelWA
Car: 2009 G37 Convertible, black on black

Just got my car but here are a few suggestions:

1. Passenger side mirrors should tilt down when backing up so you can see the curb. Other Infiniti cars do this but not the G37 for some strange reasoon.

2. LCD screen should be higher resolution. For a $50K car, the maps should look much better. Check out any BMW or Audi as an example.

3. Radio set up. WAY too complicated. Actually had to take out the manual to figure out. This should be straight forward.

4. The arm rest should have an extension on it to make it more comfortable.

5. Lights should be active and not an option the in technology package

6. BMW and Audi now include special coating on the seats to reduce temperature by up to 30 degrees. This would be a nice option in the technology package :-)

7. Send route to car. My G37 with Nav can dowload traffic and query internet for songs that I rip to the internal HD. Why not be able to send an address via text or PC to the car?

8. Compact USB drive is way too dated. Should be SD or micro SD.

9. ipod port should have an adapter for non-Apple ipods. Though this wil FORCE me to replace my current MP3 player with a nano.

10. G37 specific rims. WOuld be nice to see rims for the convertible not standard on the G37 sedan.

Cobra_Kai_84
Car: 2009 G37S convertible - Athens Blue/Graphite, Premium, Sport, Nav, rear deck spoiler

DaviddelWA wrote:Just got my car but here are a few suggestions:

1. Passenger side mirrors should tilt down when backing up so you can see the curb. Other Infiniti cars do this but not the G37 for some strange reasoon.

1. One thing you can do is set your seat/mirror memory #2 button to the same as #1, but have the mirrors tilted down. It's not quite automatic, but it helps in sticky situations when backing into a spot

2. I agree that the LCD screen should have a cleaner display. My 06 Lexus had a better map screen than the current Infiniti nav screen. The navigation screen is choppy and a lot of street names look scrambled up together and not even in a straight line. For such a pricey car, a better LCD screen and map presentation should be a given. Hell, I look at that damn screen more than the road sometimes!!

I think they will make an overhaul on the LCD screen when they update the G coupe for 2011.

cmesurf
Car: Infinitis, 03 FX35, 07 g35 sedan, 05 FX45, 09 G-vert & 14 Q50S Hybrid AWD

I had a sit down review of the Infiniti Convertible with Infiniti Product line mangers and I have provide them most of the issue mentioned here and some more. Thanks Infiniti enthusiast.

drivefast
Car: G37S convertible

i'm 1111 miles into it and i'll chime in with things that i noticed - some of them mentioned already, some of them not.
- obviously, the seatbelt buckles that ruin the door panels, and the goofy (pun intended) seatbelt straps
- laggy shifting on the automatic gearbox. you *have* to switch to sport if you need to speed up fast, and the manual mode is difficult to control, even after a lot of time dedicated to getting adapted. true, i'm coming from 3 years of honda s2000, but i'm comparing with the audi gearbox here. so much for having paddle shifters :(
- rattles and crickets, that disappear right when i decide to call the dealer. the way this community were talking about them, i'm not going to start crusades to get them fixed; i will continue to monitor the complaints here and only try to fix the problems that seem to become consistent.
- trunk space. you guys need to redesign this car for me and give me some more trunk space. :poke: it's hard to believe that the only object that would fit in the trunk with the top down is an umbrella.
- center infosystem: disappointing screen resolution, way too many buttons with overlapping functions, and (unconfirmed) i may have ran across software bugs with it. also at this chapter, the xm receiver seems to have poor reception and / or a really short buffer: the audio is lost even when driving under a tree, or bridge, at speeds less than 30mph

i mentioned all of these as a wish to get them fixed. they're part of the things that make a great car an even better car.

mtbkr1030
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue

Everyone,

Please check out my topic on the board titled:

Creaking from the convertible top.......Annoying!!!

about the creaking issue. I'm sooooooooooooooooo frustrated with it.

Tom :mad:

Return to “G37 Convertible Forum”