NO KEY DETECTED

In 2014, the G37 Sedan became Infiniti Q50. G37 Coupe and Convertible became Infiniti Q60 under Infiniti's new naming structure - Here's the place to discuss the Q50 and Q60!
Babs29571
Car: Infiniti JX35

INFINITI JX-35
I AM GETTING AN ERROR ON MY DASH SAYING NO KEY DETECTED AND IT WON'T START UNTIL I HOLD THE FOB TO THE IGNITION SWITCH. I CHANGED THE BATTERY IN THE FOB AND IT IS STILL DOING IT. I UNHOOKED THE BATTERY FOR A WHILE TO TRY TO RESET BUT IT IS STILL SAYING NO KEY DETECTED. ANY SUGGESTIONS ON HOW I CAN GET THIS CORRECTED.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

If it starts with the RFID system, then the fob is still registered but may have a problem that's preventing it from transmitting in the GHz band. There could also be a problem with the I-key Unit or the antennas in the car. I don't recommend trying to program any keys until you resolve what the problem is, because if the main antenna is down it will "hang" during programming and the car will become unusable. The dealer has a tool called the Tech-II that can see the car and fob transmitting to one another, you should have them monitor the system and see who is and isn't talking. If it's the fob you can simply replace it, if it's the car then they can scan it and determine what component is causing the issue.

Return to “Infiniti Q50 / Q60 Forum”