No Divide n Hide "Handles"?

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
darylzero
Car: Nissan Rogue 2009 SL AWD Premium Pkg.

Blueish2 wrote:I've been going back & forth with both Nissan and my dealer. They finally gave me item numbers for the dealer to order:

Black Interior:
Handle: 84912-4BA1A
Bracket: 84929-4BA0A
Rivet: 84995-4BA0A

Beige Interior:
Handle: 84912-4BA1B
Bracket: 84929-4BA0B
If you guys google those part numbers nissanpartsdeal.com has them, http://www.nissanpartsdeal.com/parts/ni ... 4ba0a.html

I would call first and make sure though.

Pop-Pop
Car: 2015 Rogue S Gun Met

Ferrisfan wrote:
andygold wrote:That eyebolt although sometimes called a tow hook, should not be used for towing. It is used as a tie down. If you use it for towing, you will probably damage your transmission.
Exactly! It is not for towing as in "in lieu of a tow truck". It is for fastening a come-along, tow strap, or some such thing to pull you out of an "off-roading adventure gone wrong".

Like we all go rock climbing in our Rogues :mike
The eye bolt is used by the flatbed tow truck driver to pull the car up onto the flat bed too. My Subaru had a front and rear eyebolt location. Only rear on the Rogue.

The tie down bracket is attached to the frame on the passenger side rear. Comes off if installing a hitch or rear bumper guard bar.

Pop-Pop
Car: 2015 Rogue S Gun Met

Correction, there's an eyebolt port on the front too. Didn't notice it before.

And I didn't get handles either. I wouldn't use them anyhow.

bono
Car: 2015 Rogue SV

Ordered the parts from selling dealer at retail- $30.00. Service mngr said install was tough since they had no directions - wanted 1 hr labor ($103) to install. I said that was disappointing and told them about this discussion. Dealer stepped up and I eventually got the install n/c. The dealer took the hit for something Nissan should have taken care of- so they earned my business for some future (overpriced) dealer performed service. Looks like it wasn't tough- took about 10 minutes to drill out the 8 pre-dimpled holes and insert the rivets. They have a special drill bit that allows them to drill the bracket holes and insert the rivets without removing or putting a hole through the carpeting.

Mugzykai12

Heads Up! Went to dealer today to install my handles. After waiting 2 hours for a 10 minute installation, found out the Nissan Dealership ordered only 1 handle, 1 bracket and 1 rivet. They even had the nerve to ask me if I had a picture of how it looks installed and directions on how to install it! They even tried to say that I didn't tell them how much items they needed to order. Really????? I'm their customer. I gave them the part #'s that I got from this site. In my frustration, I told them must I have told you the quantities too. Now I have to wait for the remaining pieces to come in to install. Totally upset.

jaymeg915
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue Sl AWD

bono wrote:Ordered the parts from selling dealer at retail- $30.00. Service mngr said install was tough since they had no directions - wanted 1 hr labor ($103) to install. I said that was disappointing and told them about this discussion. Dealer stepped up and I eventually got the install n/c. The dealer took the hit for something Nissan should have taken care of- so they earned my business for some future (overpriced) dealer performed service. Looks like it wasn't tough- took about 10 minutes to drill out the 8 pre-dimpled holes and insert the rivets. They have a special drill bit that allows them to drill the bracket holes and insert the rivets without removing or putting a hole through the carpeting.

That service manager is a liar if he told you it was a difficult to install. All you need is a rivet gun you can get from Advanced Auto parts or wherever. You got raked through the coals my friend. It took me 20 minutes to install them. They only fit one way.

bono
Car: 2015 Rogue SV

I got it for free (n/c =no charge) and that is getting raked through the coals? OK, if you say so. I'm happy
Peace to you.

torie1

I purchased my Rogue about a week ago and my handles were also missing. I went to the Nissan dealer today, were I purchased the car and they are ordering me the handles for free. He did speak to Nissan dealer and they stopped making for the 2015.

k24a

They only show up in US made 2014 - 2015 rogue parts catalog. The korean made Rogues don't show them. Part number for the black ones are #849124EA1A you will need two. From there you shouls be able to locate the tan ones as well. Good luck

engineer20
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue SV AWD Premium Package

I have the same rogue and it was made in korea. Is a korean made vehicle worse or better and only a few are made in korea so will this have any impacts on the car quality and will the parts be the same or no?

torie1

torie1 wrote:I purchased my Rogue about a week ago and my handles were also missing. I went to the Nissan dealer today, where I purchased the car, and they will be ordering the handles for free. They did speak to Nissan dealer and they stopped making for the 2015.
Update: The dealer ordered the the kit, (no charge) I didnt need to have them installed, because, I am always using the handles so, I never take them out. I really don't see the sense in having top section if you don't have the handles, everything would just fall off.

PanamaRed
Car: Nissan Rogue SV 2015

I have a Nissan Rogue 2015 that I have had for about 10 days now.

A friend of mine who has a 2014 noticed that the handles were missing.
I wasn't aware that they should even be there.

Nissan Canada has advised me via their Twitter Feed to contact my dealership to have them installed.

jongu82
Car: 2015 Rogue SV FWD

Do I really need all the parts listed? Are the rivets and brackets only for the storage of the handles when not in use? Can I just buy 2 x Handle: 84912-4BA1A and be done with it? Or are the other two parts (brackets and rivets) absolutely necessary?

Kris5449
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue SL FWD

I know it's been a while, but I couldn't find mine for a while either, but after vacuuming out the car, I found them, one under each rear seat. I don't know if they were put there, or of they slid there, but, there ya have it.

guapo131
Car: Nissan Rogue 2016

To help out the next guy, here was my recent (May 2016) experience regarding the cargo handles in the Nissan Rogue.

Just bought a new 2016 Nissan Rogue SL awd w/ premium. It did not come with the cargo handles. After finding this thread, I took it to the parts department guy and he said "the computer says your car already had the handles"
I said: "well, they're not there, we checked extensively, and so did *salesperson1* and *salesperson2*. We also checked the other new 2016 Rogues on the lot and none of them have the handles either"
Parts guy: "well, they're supposed to be there"
Me: "yes, I realize that. That's why we are here. Can you just check these part numbers I found on the internet?"
Parts guy: "I don't think those parts are for those handles. It shows up as a 'clip', 'bracket', and 'retainer lug floor'. And it's not shown on the exploded drawing/diagram"
me: "So maybe Lug means luggage and retainer is referring to the ability of the handle to retain luggage from sliding off the divider?"
parts guy: "No, that's not it. The handle is supposed to already be installed in the car".
me: "I know, but it's just NOT. So, I know I got this information from 'the internet' and not everything is 100% correct on the 'internet', but at least it's something. Multiple people on this thread say it worked for them. Can you just call the corporate people and ask someone at the main Nissan warehouse if this is what we are looking for? " + more convincing
Parts guy: "Fine... I guess"
me: "OK, sorry I inconvenienced you by making you do your job. I thought I was helping by bringing you the part numbers and quantities to make your life easier"

OK, so I didn't actually say that last line. I guess I'm just venting. That parts guy was a real D-bag.

Bottom line: Yes, those part numbers are correct. The 1st picture are the parts i actually received. But FYI, if you just want to install the handles like in the 2nd picture, you just need the "retainer lug floor" (handles). They just snap in to the existing holes on the top side of the bigger divide n hide panel, no riveting necessary. Although, the fitment is not that great. It's a "press-fit" type of fit, and one of them is so loose, it's more like a "clearance-fit" on my Rogue. If you want to install the handles like in the 3rd picture (on the underside of the bigger divide n hide panel), then yes you'll need the "clip" and "bracket" (and riveting).

Hope this story helps the next guy.

Boxxerdad46
Car: 2015 Korean Built Nissan Rogue SV AWD with Navigation

I just ordered Nissan part number 84912-4BA1B from Nissan parts deal.com with shipping was $21 not bad. I didn't order the brackets to mount them as wasn't sure how hard to install.

Progen
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue SL w/ Premium Package
Mods: Clear LED Taillights, LED Foglights, RGB footwell lights (OPT7), Red trim all around interior.

Just got mine shipped for less than 16 bucks on Tasca Parts. Didnt get the brackets either, didnt plan on mounting them to the underside of the panel

whizkidtn
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue SL (AWD), Premium package

I have them on my '14 Rogue SL and glad to have them but I have yet found a situation where I really "needed" them. I can understand why Nissan decided to cost-reduce them out after the '14 MY.

rugbyfb

tjharris1954
Car: 2016 Nissan Rogue SV AWD, Cayenne Red

You can buy these handles at Nissan Wholesale Direct (84912-4BA1A) Black for about $7.00 each.

[email protected]
Car: 2014 SV AWD ROGUE (sold)
2017 SV AWD ROGUE (used 219)

Black Interior:
Handle: 84912-4BA1A
Bracket: 84929-4BA0A

Beige Interior:
Handle: 84912-4BA1B
Bracket: 84929-4BA0B
Last edited by Rogue One on Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged with existing topic

Return to “Rogue Forum”