nitrous on KA?

Information on the naturally-aspirated KA24E and KA24DE engines.
lexcrob
Car: I get a different ride faster than I could update this.

So I boosted a KA ran a 9.6 in the 1/8 mile.

That was with wastegate set to 7 psi although I later found it was only 4psi. I blamed a defective boost gauge, but come to find out it was a big boost leak right off the compressor charge pipe. Hence it would spike to 7 stablize at 4 found the leak taking the kit off to sell it....... LESSON LEARNED
(dont attempt your first welding experience with something that is supposed ot be air tight)
Reguardless it was fun-- vortech 8:1 FMU / T25 / Treadstone manifold/ fabbed down pipe myself/ pvc pipe for intercooler/ subaru top mount intercooler - stuffed it behind front bumper

Did it all for 600$ and HEY it worked
-SOLD IT

Then why not na KA right. ebay complete rebuild kit/ felpro/ advanced auto headbolts / ported just to gasket matched EVERYTHING. 3 angle valve job / obx header and full exhaust/ CAI

SLOW..... so friken slow i didnt bring it to the track. Def. more that stock but eh just never got it dialed in. I blame getting to carried away with porting. Throttle response was all wacked out surged I tweaked timing and idle this that .....Maybe i just needed fuel management.
spend about 800$
-SOLD IT

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- TO THE POINT

all that said.......
NITROUS OXIDE .

Ive read so much crap its not even funny I really need some real world stuff. Actual experience not the story how fmu's are crap cause they work or ebay turbos suck. I see that stuff all day working running 2years strong. Local kids beating the crap outta their cars ebay turbo all good..... this isnt NHRA just little fun toy car.

1) can u just strap on a 30-50 shot post maf bump timing back 2 degrees throw in colder plugs and run it....
(ka runs rich from factory anyways right?) (especially if egr/emissions/pvc breather removed)

2) same as above but grab an adjustable FPR and richen it up a bit. Like 55psi with vacuum removed?
(to my knowledge if you raise fuel pressure it will riched across board to include idle!?)

3) i should try a zex thing that shoots a shot into fuel pressure regulator like FMU kinda deal?
(id imagine this to be unreliable)

4) you just cant add enough fuel without management or wet shot.......

I JUST WANT SMALLEST GAIN POSSIBLE TO BREAK INTO THE NITROUS GAME LIKE MAYBE A SNEAKY PETE KIT. LAME BUT JUST TO GET STARTED AND FEEL IT OUT I GUESS.

HELP ME OUT NICO!

jbracy7
Car: 94 GTS TYPE-M in a dozen pieces

The sneaky Pete was my first n2o kit ever, nice,safe. Then I steped up to a nitro express 10lb wet shot with a push to pass,and blew the rings off my pistons,just made a big mess,just be very carefull when uping the shot,afr is just half the battle

lexcrob
Car: I get a different ride faster than I could update this.

HAHAHAHA WHAT THE FUC% THAT SUCKS.......

BLEW THE RINGS OFF .. JUST MADE A BIG MESS ....(i just pooped my pants laughing so hard)

Return to “KA24E / KA24DE Forum”